News: Iggy Pop, Malaysia, Heavy D, HIV, Mariah Carey, Spider

RoadRapper and actor Heavy D is dead at 44.

RoadRights group urges Malaysia to rescind ban on gay arts festival. "The banning of this festival violates basic rights to freedom of association and expression guaranteed by international human rights law and the Malaysian constitution."

Iggy-pacoRoadIggy Pop is the face of Paco Rabanne's new fragrance Black XS L’Excès.

RoadMariah Carey drops 40 pounds.

RoadRichard Branson makes multi-million dollar investment in mobile start-up Square.

RoadChicago gay bashing victim Daniel Hauff testifies about beating: "'It all started because I was gaybashed and called a faggot and a stupid faggot,' Hauff retorted. 'Homophobia is alive and well in Chicago — that’s why I went to the media.' Hauff, now 35 and out 'all my life,' told police he was coming to the aid of another young L rider — who Hauff believed to be gay — who was being taunted by Little."

RoadThe cast of Revenge has a shirtless pillow fight.

RoadEarly trials suggest rectal microbicide is safe, could significantly reduce HIV transmission: "A topically applied microbicide gel containing a potent anti-HIV drug has been found to significantly reduce infection when applied to rectal tissue that was subsequently exposed to HIV in the laboratory, according to a new study by the UCLA AIDS Institute. The gel was also found to be safe and acceptable to users."

RoadFat Cavill is breaking hearts in Vancouver.

ThomasRoadMickey Rourke set to start filming biopic about gay rugby player Gareth Thomas. "I think I beat the studio out there by about four days to get the rights to his life story. He announced his retirement a few days ago and hopefully in March do it. I`ve been writing the script for the past year."

RoadBetween the palms: How are Florida Atlantic University football and gay erotica connected?

RoadGeorge Clooney loves farting: "Even the idea of a fart makes me laugh. Saying the word ‘fart’ makes me laugh. I have iFart on my phone. I have remote whoopee cushions. Farts. To me, there’s nothing funnier."

RoadHRC goes after Cleta Mitchell: "Today, however, HRC took a strong stand, with president Joe Solmonese striking out at Foley & Lardner LLP, the law firm where Cleta Mitchell is a partner. Mitchell recently registered as a lobbyist for the National Organization for Marriage in Minnesota, where a marriage constitutional amendment will be on the ballot in 2012."

SpiderRoadNew 'albino' spider found in Australia: "The newfound trapdoor spider isn't a true albino, since it still has some pigment—its body is brown, like those of other trapdoor spiders. But the 1.2-inch-wide arachnid has been dubbed the albino trapdoor spider until it's formally described as a new species."

RoadJonathan Groff goes full frontal (nsfw).

RoadProp 8 supporter Doug Manchester mulling purchase of San Diego Union Tribune.

RoadJT Chestnut says there's no need to sign that petition on his behalf. I really appreciate everything that my friends are doing for me, but they need to know I am safe, being well treated and am looking forward to being discharged by the end of the week and home in LA by the weekend.”

Comments

1. That's what the face of a fragrance looks like??

Posted by: Gianpiero | Nov 9, 2011 3:39:27 PM

2. Nice pics of Jonathan. Very cute guy, nice cock!

Posted by: Tanner | Nov 9, 2011 4:24:27 PM

3. "Fat" Cavill needs to stop. His name is Henry and he is delicious. Also, that comment makes me like Clooney LESS and Groff is adorable.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Nov 9, 2011 4:33:05 PM

4. As a gay blog, the post on HIV and what is it about really deserves a post of its own.

Posted by: QJ201 | Nov 9, 2011 4:54:46 PM

5. Fat Cavill is overrated and I'm sick of all the hype about him. He's stuck up and snotty in interviews and he looks old as he11 for being only 28. He's going to look terrible in 10 years, if not sooner, just like Gerard Butler. And like Gerard, the minute Fat Cavill stops working out, the abs will be back to flab.

Posted by: Fat Cavill | Nov 9, 2011 4:58:17 PM

6. OMG! Wow! Great pics of Jonathan Graff! Great body and nice bush.

Posted by: Mickey San Mateo | Nov 9, 2011 5:18:41 PM

7. Are we selling fragrance by the liter now?

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Nov 9, 2011 5:20:22 PM

8. Seriously, Andy. 'Fat' Cavill? Are you having some sort of gay breakdown? Do you actually think you're being witty or funny? God, this blog has gone to crap, hasn't it?

Posted by: Pasqual | Nov 9, 2011 5:56:06 PM

9. Iggy's looking good considering where he's been.

Posted by: ophu | Nov 9, 2011 6:06:37 PM

10. iggy holding out that bottle kinda scares me, but i still want to smell it... or drink it.

gareth is just damn hot. and mickey's going to portray him?

Posted by: sleepy bear | Nov 9, 2011 6:43:00 PM

11. Crushed on Jonathan Groff forever....talented, pretty, confident AND a great body.

Posted by: Grant | Nov 9, 2011 6:45:52 PM

12. fern

how so?

everyone farts

& by the way, everyone poops to

Get over yourself. Anyone who can't laugh about farts is too uptight

Posted by: say what | Nov 9, 2011 6:57:54 PM

13. Why does Andy keep referring to Henry Cavill as fat. I must have missed something, or I just don't get it.

Posted by: LincolnLounger | Nov 9, 2011 7:45:40 PM

14. fat cavill: google it, dumbasses.

Posted by: shanesville | Nov 9, 2011 8:14:00 PM

15. Mr Graff has a very nice body- that Iggy Pop pic is really scary.

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 9, 2011 9:08:14 PM

16. quick google

Henry cavill has stated when a kid he was teased and called FAT CAVILL

one assumes Andy mentioning it is due to the irony of how FAT CAVILL grew up HAWT! and a movie star

It is kind of funny

Posted by: say what | Nov 9, 2011 9:51:13 PM

17. gaga for Goff. Bravo, hope to see more

Posted by: JEFFUWS | Nov 9, 2011 10:24:38 PM

18. There you go America, a penis and scrotum with testicles. Get a good look, get used to it, connect it to the whole human it belongs to and now get over it. I hope Mr. Groff starts a whole landslide of such normalcy. He's darling.

Posted by: uffda | Nov 10, 2011 2:37:36 AM

19. As chair of IRMA - International Rectal Microbicide Advocates - I am delighted to see you pick up the bit about the rectal microbicide trial of UC 781. For people interested in what is happening in terms of rectal microbicide research and development, pls visit the IRMA site (www dot rectalmicrobicides dot com). The drug that was tested in this story - UC 781 - is in fact not being moved forward because the field is fully focused on tenofovir-based gel at the moment - for vaginas AND rectums. In fact, a large-ish trial (about 200 gay men and trans women) is starting next year in 4 countries to test safety and acceptability of a rectal version of tenofovir gel, with US sites including Boston and Pittsburgh.

Posted by: Jim Pickett | Nov 10, 2011 6:12:49 AM

20. Who's the idiot who cast 60-something year old Mickey Rourke to play a man in his late 30's early 40's?

Posted by: Sean | Nov 10, 2011 6:00:14 PM