Joe Walsh | News

Tea Party Congressman Joe Walsh Blows Gasket at Constituent: VIDEO

Walsh

Deadbeat dad Tea Party Congressman Joe Walsh (R-IL), who was in our headlines recently for getting a 'pro-family' award (that also left Lawrence O'Donnell aghast) from the Family Research Council, also apparently has some anger management issues.

At a recent constituent town hall at Uno Restaurant in his district of Gurnee, Illinois, Walsh flipped his lid, Think Progress reports:

After several constituents accurately pointed out that bank lobbyists occupy key positions within Congress, the SEC, and other oversight bodies that are supposed to supervise bank practices, Walsh began sticking his finger close to his constituent’s faces, yelling, “quiet for a minute or I’ll have to ask you to leave.”

Ranted Walsh: "...it’s not the private marketplace that created this mess. What created mess was your government, which has demanded for years that everybody be in a home. And we’ve made it easy as possible for people to be in homes. [...] Don’t blame banks, and don’t blame the marketplace for the mess we’re in right now! I am tired of hearing that crap! This pisses me off! Too many people don’t listen."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That dude is off his rocker.

Posted by: Edd | Nov 9, 2011 7:37:26 PM

2. Another tea-party tough waving his cock around. Not much there, I'm afraid...

Posted by: TPOWW | Nov 9, 2011 7:46:00 PM

3. Speaking of someone who should be in a home.

Posted by: Phineas Talbot | Nov 9, 2011 8:05:12 PM

4. This dope is so out of a job and will go back to having a reason for not paying his child support next election cycle. The people in his area -- even Tea Party members -- are having buyers remorse over this dope. He's a loudmouth know-nothing spincter.

Posted by: Bart | Nov 9, 2011 8:09:51 PM

5. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Nov 9, 2011 8:11:08 PM

6. PEOPLE? IN HOUSES!?!? NOT IN MY AMERICA

/snark off

Posted by: Jesus | Nov 9, 2011 8:19:18 PM

7. AssHat is done.

Posted by: pdxblueyes | Nov 9, 2011 8:45:02 PM

8. "I'll take every little restriction government puts on you and I'll remove them tomorrow"....[03:56]. So what's stopping you?

Posted by: gb | Nov 9, 2011 8:52:18 PM

9. god bless the tea party they are their own worst enemy. the more they are allowed to talk the ignorant they show themselves. this guy is probably dumber than cantor.

Posted by: walter | Nov 9, 2011 9:07:00 PM

10. "I am tired of hearing that crap! This pisses me off! Too many people don’t listen [to our propaganda]."

^Fixed

Posted by: ravewulf | Nov 9, 2011 9:10:30 PM

11. As I watched this, I could only think, "Wow, this is going to make a great campaign spot that can be used against him in the next election."

Give these Tea Party enough rope and they will hang themselves.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Nov 9, 2011 11:38:04 PM

12. Ah, just another D.C narcissist, thinking that he really is as intelligent as he ought to be. No chance of that ever happening!

Posted by: Seamus | Nov 9, 2011 11:40:26 PM

13. And his children barely have a home, thanx to Deadbeat Dad...

Posted by: Gunga Dean | Nov 10, 2011 1:31:21 AM

14. @Walter: No one is dumber than Cantor.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 10, 2011 2:18:23 AM

15. I know that voice. It was Dad's voice only used in the privacy of family. My three brothers still use that voice. That voice is why I have no contact with my brothers. I'm sick, that voice made me think of home.

Posted by: Gus | Nov 10, 2011 3:29:21 AM

16. aside from the obvious issue he has of being unable to tolerate disagreement, he also is "tired" of government "propping up" the postal service.

I wonder if he made the same complaint when government (using our money) "propped up" Morgan-Chase and Bank of America.

Posted by: Danny | Nov 10, 2011 7:14:45 AM

17. He's not yelling at a constituent. His constituents are who he's defending. The Banks. That's who he represents.

Posted by: ian | Nov 10, 2011 7:21:44 AM

18. How did Rosie O'Donnell get in this video?

Posted by: David | Nov 10, 2011 7:25:53 AM

19. @Gus I can relate. If they can't win an argument they just YELL LOUDER!

Posted by: Gigi | Nov 10, 2011 7:33:05 AM

20. Some Republican'ts represent Joe Sixpack and this one represents Joe Blow

Posted by: Can u hear me? | Nov 10, 2011 7:39:39 AM

21. Oh, yeah, this is the ol' TB Equation:

The volume level of a Teabagger's voice always correlates exactly in proportion to their lack of knowledge on any matters about government or society.

or:

TB+V=0/GVT+SOC²

Posted by: johnny | Nov 10, 2011 8:48:58 AM

22. It was George W Bush who championed the "Ownership Society". It was the big banks and the Wall street con artists who put out the call for more mortgage "product" they could package into worthless bonds to be passed off on suckers while they bet against them. Mortgage companies, brokers and banks responded to that call by lowering lending standards to a pulse.

This guy is a lying ass. He should be in county jail right now for evading child support laws.

Posted by: RWG | Nov 10, 2011 9:12:26 AM

23. The man is nukin futz and a little retarded but you gotta love his passion :)

Posted by: sully | Nov 10, 2011 9:24:02 AM

24. When Joe tells these constituents to shut up or get out, I'm surprised they don't opt for the latter. I would let my rep know this sort of behavior in the face of our concerns loses my vote.

Posted by: Bill | Nov 10, 2011 9:45:20 AM

25. I LOVE the woman in this video. She's onto something. And more and more Americans are.

The line this guy is pushing is the EXACT SAME line pushed on us by Reagan-Republicans for 30 years. I'm pleased to see people not swallowing it like they used to.

(Note that the Tea Partiers are like abused children, defending the worthiness of the abuse they recieve. Sad. I feel bad for them.)

Reagan- deluded Republican, saw no value in gov't; hand reigns of all to business, simply.

Bush Sr.- Reagan protege

Bill Clinton- Reagan Republican, elected by swallowing government-is-worthless line and selling it better than the Republicans

George W.-never had a clue; Wall Street and oil OWNED him from the start. Always a PUPPET, however dopey-happy.

Obama- honest guy with a head on his shoulders. walked into this mess, the culture of corrupt gov't. Hopefully he hasn't become fully corrupted by it. We need a guy like the candidate-Obama. Come thru, man; remember your roots!!!

Posted by: just_a_guy | Nov 10, 2011 10:45:32 AM