Film | News

BigGayDeal.com

Cinescape 2011, an Insanely Great Montage of This Year's Movies: VIDEO

Wiig

It's hard to even pick out a screencap to introduce this clip (I'll go with the funny one).

Matt Shapiro's 'Cinescape 2011' is one of the best, if not the best, movie re-cap clip I've ever seen, and should be shown at this year's Oscars. These things are not easy to edit, and Shapiro's will have you wondering why you didn't go to the movies more this year.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wow! Terrific and visually stunning but also seizure inducing. Great stuff but brain frying at it's best....err worst. Too bad it can't be slowed down for us old folks over 30.
    Loved the "Sunset Boulevard" intro.

Posted by: Max F. Grump | Dec 13, 2011 9:28:34 AM

2. AWESOME!!

Posted by: Edd | Dec 13, 2011 10:09:08 AM

3. Amazing. It must have taken him forever. The Academy should definitely employ him. Now we just need an annotated version so I can see what scenes are from what films.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Dec 13, 2011 10:27:43 AM

4. That was surprisingly moving and a blast to watch. BRAVO!

Posted by: AedanCRoberts | Dec 13, 2011 10:32:03 AM

5. Really amazing! I don't know if it's sad or great that I have seen 95% of these movies:)

Posted by: BD | Dec 13, 2011 11:28:22 AM

6. Wow ... just, wow. And yes, it makes me regret not seeing more movies in the theater this year.

Posted by: Kevin_BGFH | Dec 13, 2011 11:38:30 AM

7. Agree with @MAX.
    Terrific compilation, but 50% slower would be much better, and I'd also like subtitles noting which movie each clip was from.

The compilation is stunning visually and auditorily - but it's overwhelming, and does not help those of us who missed some great movies decide which ones to see.

Posted by: Chris | Dec 13, 2011 12:25:52 PM

8. Ooh, I spotted Russell from "Weekend"!

Posted by: Glenn I | Dec 13, 2011 1:22:54 PM

9. Can't watch in Ireland. It says EMI has blocked it on copyright grounds.

[sad face]

Posted by: Andreas | Dec 13, 2011 1:47:43 PM

10. It's dazzling, and I appreciate the hard work of editing, but that must be a record for stringing together so many clips of one second or less. He should include a warning for sufferers of epilepsy.

Posted by: bierce | Dec 13, 2011 5:47:09 PM