Ann Coulter | Dallas | News

Ann Coulter Says Liberals Will Start Aborting Babies Once the Gay Gene is Discovered, on LOGO's A-List Dallas: VIDEO

Alist

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter and alleged GOP-bashing victim Taylor Garrett discuss why they think gays should be pro-life Republicans in a preview clip from Coulter's appearance on LOGO's A-List Dallas.

Says Coulter: "The gays have got to be pro-life. As soon as they find the gay gene, guess who the liberal yuppies are gonna start aborting?"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I honestly cannot believe that anyone would even give this idiot one single minute of air time on any radio or television broadcast.

She has proven herself to be one of the most hateful, ignorant, right-wing bigots of our time.

Her ugliness breeds more ugliness.

What a waste of human flesh.

Posted by: bruce | Dec 7, 2011 8:23:53 PM

2. What I find interesting here is how all discussion is immediately around who would most likely choose to abort, liberals or conservatives, making the assumption that abortion is a given. Stop projecting. A more interesting question to ask would be what would the DEMAND for gay children be? Perhaps naive on my part, but as people are increasingly familiar with us, what we contribute, and our collective demeanor (trying not to generalize or be stereotypical here), I could see a market for gay REQUESTS.

Posted by: kj310 | Dec 7, 2011 8:28:21 PM

3. the reason gay conservatives have this mindset is because being "against abortion" is the only reason their parents didn't abort them.

they certainly didn't want them then, and they're ashamed to be related to them now.

unlike us products of liberals who, you know, love and accept us as we are.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Dec 7, 2011 8:32:08 PM

4. >far too many people choose to abort when they find out the fetus shows signs of Down Syndrome.

the solution is not to ban abortions, but to educate the public about Down Syndrome.<

Yep. LITTLE KIWI is still my hero.

Posted by: TJ | Dec 7, 2011 8:41:44 PM

5. Kiwi, I'm not sure I'm reading you correctly. Are you saying that the parents of gay conservatives didn't abort them only because they didn't believe in abortion? How would they have known that their baby was gay or would grow up to be gay?

Maybe its me. I'm getting a little tired. All the "hate" conservatives spew does tend to weaken the brain from time to time! (sarcasm) And no, I wouldn't abort a gay fetus of my own. But yes, there are some conservatives who would violate their moral principles and do this.

Posted by: Mary | Dec 7, 2011 8:52:17 PM

6. @KJ310: I agree with your point. The way technology is going, it is highly likely that "designer babies" will be available at some point. I can imagine a couple telling the geneticist: "we'd like a male with the Taylor Lautner nose and cheekbones but redheaded with freckles, smart, bisexual, ectomorph, and avoiding any genetic diseases.".
    There is no legitimate reason anyone should prefer a hetero child to a gay or bi one.
    Coulter obviously gravitates toward friends who belittle gay people, and she's projecting her own friends' negativity onto her proverbial "liberals" who don't think that way.
    In my own social circles (which naturally would tend to be people who see the positive aspects of gay people) plenty of heterosexual people find that having gay friends adds especially intriguing aspects to their own lives. Most of my straight friends would be just as happy (sometimes especially so) to learn that their own child is gay.

Posted by: Gregv | Dec 7, 2011 9:00:35 PM

7. My mom tried to late term abort me for being gay a few times, of course this was after I was delivered. I think she had point, and this is one of the reasons I've hoped they'd never find a gay gene.

Posted by: me | Dec 7, 2011 9:07:21 PM

8. She = Ann, not mom

Posted by: me | Dec 7, 2011 9:08:03 PM

9. What a despicable pair

Posted by: Ryan | Dec 7, 2011 9:25:58 PM

10. I was going to try to write something insightful, but James's comment about the "horse-face gene" ruined it. I cannot stop laughing.

Who cares what this woman says? And who cares what that hideous guy across from her says? She's calling us "the gays." I mean, really. "The women"? "The blacks"? It's inherently insulting.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 7, 2011 9:29:45 PM

11. Mr. Coulter and his or is it her- the adam's apple always trips me up- self-loathing has-been fame whore are perfect for Logo- the absolute worst basic cable network on the planet. The A-List Dallas makes the Kardashian show look like Proust.

Posted by: nick | Dec 7, 2011 9:34:18 PM

12. can we just get to the point where she sets herself on fire to get attention?

Posted by: bozemanmontana | Dec 7, 2011 9:47:33 PM

13. Can someone just do away with her now? Please? She's like a wart that keeps coming back after repeated attempts at freezing her off.

Posted by: John | Dec 7, 2011 9:48:06 PM

14. Um, when do liberals ever STOP aborting babies? It's all they do!

You *know* Planned Parenthood Abortiaterium has the BEST lattes and their arugula confit is quite nice. And with every 5th abortion you get a lovely tote bag.

Meanwhile, Ann HART Coulter deserves this attention because she am supersmart like Dr. Palin and Professor Bachmann. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Posted by: Rebel Agenda | Dec 7, 2011 9:50:02 PM

15. I don't know why anyone watches LOGO. It's basically trash TV for gays and does nothing but show garbage like this. This is some sad self hate to be gay and not only consider yourself a Republican, but to suck up to Ann Coulter?! Pathetic.

Posted by: Nick | Dec 7, 2011 9:54:42 PM

16. rebel agenda

The statics all show the majority of abortions, out of wedlock births, divorces, welfar, biggest receivers of government funds, lowest payers of taxes to the fed etc are all in the red republican southern xtian states

Posted by: say what | Dec 7, 2011 10:02:07 PM

17. TW: why do keep giving this Coulter crystal meth addict even more time? She really is just a joke, and what she says does not matter. Come on! Stop wasting your blog on this LUNATIC!

Posted by: FunMe | Dec 7, 2011 10:11:53 PM

18. TW: why do keep giving this Coulter crystal meth addict even more time? She really is just a joke, and what she says does not matter. Come on! Stop wasting your blog on this LUNATIC!

Posted by: FunMe | Dec 7, 2011 10:11:53 PM

19. India had to ban women finding out the gender of their child before birth because too many women were having abortions if they were going to have a girl. Whatever your view of abortion, Coulter has a point. And it's something we'll have to deal with eventually. Would we, as gay people, accept a women choosing to abort her fetus because it would be gay? The extreme right seems to only be pro-life until you're born and Coulter is a hypocrite for not wanting health care for those newborn children or welfare for women to take care of their children. The left has their hypocrites too and I really hope that society evolves enough to where having a gay child in America will be no more 'bad' than having a girl is. If not, we may end up having to do what India did...but not to to protect the gender ratio, but instead to protect the very existence of gay people.

Posted by: Dana Chilton | Dec 7, 2011 10:22:53 PM

20. All these posts remind me that its not just right wing gay haters that are petty and unable to articulate any real argument. keep up the 'horse face' and transsexual jokes people! Good thing we progressives aren't like the ignorant hatemongers, right?

Posted by: Dana Chilton | Dec 7, 2011 10:37:20 PM

21. How ludicrous. Even Ann would know that if a gay gene is ever positively identified the GOP and all religious conservatives will suddenly discover that God approves of abortion in certain circumstances.

Posted by: Chunks | Dec 7, 2011 10:38:57 PM

22. Not that I would ever act on it, but I have this fantasy where I run into Ann Coulter at a Smith & Wollensky...or Morton's...or Capitol Grill...wherever, some steak house with lots of big sharp pointy knives around. I go up to her table and plunge one deep into her heart then scream maniacally "I killed the beast! I killed the beast!"

Sick and twisted, I know. But she makes my blood boil. Lucky for her she's not worth going to jail for.

Posted by: txstevo | Dec 7, 2011 10:52:07 PM

23. Is Coulter saying there is a gay gene? Does she believe that people are born gay? Does she believe that being gay is not a choice? Oh my, she risks being driven out of the republican looney bin. I have friends who believe that women who look like Coulter are one of the causes of homosexuality.Thank goodness the gene theory exonerates her.

Posted by: jack | Dec 7, 2011 11:19:53 PM

24. Well... I'm a pro-life (anti-abortion) Democrat who happens to be gay. Ann's argument sounds catchy, but is just stupid... as is Ann.

Want to end or decrease abortions? Create a socio-economic environment where fewer people (parents and their offspring) have to struggle to make life work.

Are you afraid gay offspring will struggle? Create a social environment where gay offspring will be acceptable, loved and an integral part of.

The notion, however, that liberal yuppies would abort offspring they think might turn out gay is just obscene. They're most likely already working on the things I mentioned in this comment.

But, with others here, thank you Ann for pointing out there just might be a genetic explanation for homosexuality.

Posted by: William | Dec 7, 2011 11:22:04 PM

25. I think she meant to say:

"The Republicans have got to be pro-choice. As soon as they find the gay gene, guess who the conservatives are gonna start aborting?"

Posted by: Jexer | Dec 7, 2011 11:22:09 PM