"Ex-Gays" | 2012 Election | Michelle Bachmann | News

Eight-Year-Old Tells Michele Bachmann: 'My Mommy's Gay But She Doesn't Need Fixing' - VIDEO

Bachmann

Check out the look of fear in Michele Bachmann's eyes as she realizes what this eight-year-old boy is telling her: "My mommy's gay but she doesn't need any fixing."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. that kid's mom just needs a wee bit of fixing.

Posted by: Eddie | Dec 5, 2011 11:30:12 PM

2. stop the whining....If Bachmann were elected President she'd make our lives miserable if she could....she believes in reparative therapy....she believes were are deviants....she believes we should kept away from children and go hide from society like lepers.

Posted by: Chris | Dec 5, 2011 11:30:36 PM

3. Funny how gays think Bachmann hates them. Farthest from the truth. The fact is it is not normal for guys to screw one another and women to use a dildo to screw one another. Nor is it natural for old men to screw young boys or Old woman to screw young girls.

Posted by: john | Dec 5, 2011 11:34:16 PM

4. Her eyes are always filled with fear. It's fear of the knowledge that everyone knows she's ignorant.

Yes, awful if this was provoked. And yes, beautiful if unprovoked. Much worse things have happened to kids and politicians, gay and straight.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 5, 2011 11:40:33 PM

5. Horrible just horrible. I understand frustration from the childs mother, but this is not the way to make your point.

Posted by: mattman | Dec 5, 2011 11:54:26 PM

6. i'm not sure why everyone is assuming the mother put him up to this. he's eight years old. do any of you know any eight year olds?! they have opinions, educated ones, strong ones, vocal ones.
    a lot of the comments here at veiled gynophobia or lesbophobia, quite frankly.

Posted by: shane | Dec 5, 2011 11:55:55 PM

7. JOHN (above): Please go screw yourself with Bacmann's dildo.

Posted by: TJ | Dec 6, 2011 12:09:46 AM

8. The negative comments here are most certainly from NOMers who know to check this and other blogs to express their "opinions."

Bachmann and those of her ilk have no problem indoctrinating their children from a very young age to believe that their chosen, alternative lifestyle - evangelical christianity - is normal, so why should this mother be any different?  People are born gay.  People are not born to be bigoted homophobes.  That is a learned behavior.  IMHO it's not enough to say that the bible says that homosexuality is wrong, as the bible says a lot that we choose to ignore.  We no longer believe that it's acceptable to keep slaves or stone women for being outspoken, nor do we kill people for eating shellfish or cutting their hair.  If you no longer accept these and many other things as gospel yet you condemn people because of how they were born you're not a christian, you're a hypocrite.

Posted by: Gigi | Dec 6, 2011 12:18:31 AM

9. @JASMINE - Great comment! I believe you're right. My nephew, when he was 5, had it out with three other boys who called another boy gay. He said: "It's not nice to call people that! My uncle is gay and he has a boyfriend and they're really nice!!" Aw......

Posted by: Gigi | Dec 6, 2011 12:22:15 AM

10. Whether or not the child was put up to this, I'll bet Bachmann assumed he was, and others will, too. I worry this video does nothing but reinforce the "gay parents as dangerous indoctrinators" lie.

Posted by: John Peter | Dec 6, 2011 12:28:38 AM

11. Yeah that's not something you have a kid say. Michele politely brushed them off basically. The video said, "look at the fear in Bachmann's eyes." There was no fear. It was, "Ok thanks bye-bye." I agree I think this was the first time in history that I actually felt sorry for michele.

Posted by: Tyler | Dec 6, 2011 12:36:57 AM

12. If that kid had gone up all on his own and said that, then power to him and I'd've been proud. However, this is not the case and I feel bad they made him do that. Seeing the look in Bachmann's eyes, I would have had the exact same "How dare you" reaction.

Posted by: Darrell | Dec 6, 2011 1:07:45 AM

13. This was a bad idea that flopped. The boy is clearly not emotionally ready for confrontation, and he recited a memorized line. I'm rainbow bright, but embarrassed by this video.

Posted by: Bill | Dec 6, 2011 1:30:21 AM

14. As the grown son of someone on the frontlines of activist struggles, I can assure you that I had enough information and had formed enough of an opinion at his age to do this. That said, if he didn't his parent has done him a disservice. I don't think we can know.

Posted by: Mrs. Sippi | Dec 6, 2011 1:34:00 AM

15. Kudos to the kid and the mother.

I'll be offended by a child saying his mother doesn't need fixing when the Abrahamic cults stop ramming their prejudices down everyone's throats. In SC where I grew up it was common for politicians to dress up their young kids in t-shirts saying "vote for my daddy" and drop them on street corners with flyers.

Posted by: darkmoonman | Dec 6, 2011 2:01:31 AM

16. It's a shame that critical thinking is so uncommon. How many post here without having done even the most cursory investigation? There are those who reportedly were there, stating that this was the kid's idea. I don't know that this is true. But if it is, should the mother actually have discouraged the child? "Dont speak our mind and heart, Son, it isn't polite. Who cares if this woman degrades your parent? "

I know some pretty passionate, intelligent kids. Their parents encouage their engagement in the world around them. Perhaps they are wrong. Heck, if that young girl who wanted to meet Gabriel Giffords had been discouraged from attending a political rally, she'd still be alive. So stay safe. Don't rock the boat. Maybe Bachmann wouldn't advocate putting Mommy into a conversion program.

Posted by: TJ | Dec 6, 2011 2:24:24 AM

17. She has the eyes of a Stepford wife. They're completely soulless. Like two black stones.

Posted by: Your Mom | Dec 6, 2011 2:30:57 AM

18. very clever tactic. love the look on her face. Ron Paul 2012!

Posted by: Mike | Dec 6, 2011 3:00:19 AM

19. JASON feeling sorry for a woman...??? Especially when that woman is Michele Bachmann...

Priceless!

Posted by: DeeperStill | Dec 6, 2011 3:35:45 AM

20. Um, that is ridiculous. I'm sure that boy loves and respects his mother, but his mother should respect him by not making a spectacle out him at such a young age. This is sick!

Posted by: Christopher | Dec 6, 2011 4:14:28 AM

21. Michelle's reaction was priceless. So loving and caring. Not!
    If Eric wanted to say this himself, good for him! If her mother told her what to say, it is another story.

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 6, 2011 4:17:07 AM

22. That woman should never send her son to war instead of her. That was disgusting and it sounds like the kid has been brainwashed. I thought that was appalling...

Posted by: sebastien | Dec 6, 2011 4:26:28 AM

23. I wouldn't be so quick to judge the moms. None of us were there. We don't know the full story, and I'd like to give politically-minded lesbian moms the benefit of the doubt.

I can understand the stage fright/push/regret that the backstory suggests. I wanted to go up to a rock star after a concert a few years back when I saw him hanging out with not too many people around him. But then I got stage fright and my partner had to push me to go up to him and say that I thought he was awesome. He turned out to be a really nice guy!

But that was 100% my idea, I just needed a little push. And I was 25 at the time, not 7.

Posted by: Alex Blaze | Dec 6, 2011 4:30:08 AM

24. Cute little tot, loves his mom and wanted to make her happy by repeating what he was told.
    It would be much genuine if he wasn't lead on by his mom. But still the message is correct.

Posted by: garyj | Dec 6, 2011 5:23:25 AM

25. Let us not rush to judgment about the parents of this rather intelligent child. The idea could have been his all along and he just got stage fright about making such a statement in front of people. Children are more than mere puppets of their parents, at that age, I too had clear ideas of what was right and wrong. Judging the parents in the light of adult understanding without knowing all the facts is plain wrong and just what the fundie nut jobs do all the time. Let us not lower ourselves to their level and judge before we know everything about what transpired.

Posted by: Nelson | Dec 6, 2011 6:22:53 AM