Gay Parents | News

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Dads are Told They're Going to be Grandpas: VIDEO

Gaydads

I can't say I've ever seen a similar moment captured on film.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via reddit)

Comments

1. Funny thing is EDD never said which one he thought was the bottom. I wonder if all the angry responses directed towards EDD say something about the respondee's perceptions?

Posted by: rayrayj | Dec 15, 2011 5:31:50 PM

2. I'm not much of a crier but this video totally touched me. Just beautiful.

Posted by: Francis | Dec 15, 2011 5:33:28 PM

3. @Bart - Kindergarten is the easy part. It's middle school when you're not sure whether they're going to make it or not.

But totally agree with everything else you said.

Posted by: Tom in COS | Dec 15, 2011 5:34:12 PM

4. Congratulations, to all! Have a healthy baby.

Posted by: Carlos | Dec 15, 2011 5:34:42 PM

5. Parents who love their children and delight in their lives. We not any different.

Posted by: acorlando | Dec 15, 2011 5:36:54 PM

6. They are not gay dads, they are bisexual dads. Their children came from a heterosexual interaction, not a homosexual one.

Stop warping reality for the sake of gay PC.

Posted by: jason | Dec 15, 2011 5:39:58 PM

7. To the person complaining and about the nasty comments: let's face it, it's a really nice sweet moment and at the same time that guy is acting like a complete idiot, both of those sentiments can coexist. If he were a straight guy or a woman (straight or gay) I would still say they were acting a little ridiculous.

Posted by: Don | Dec 15, 2011 5:41:46 PM

8. Aaaaand, two steps back. (j/k)

Congrats Pepaws!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Dec 15, 2011 6:02:34 PM

9. lmao. it's like kristen wiig channeled him during her "surprise party" snl skit.

Posted by: redball | Dec 15, 2011 6:13:47 PM

10. E@t sh*t, Jason. If this were video of a heterosexual adoptive couple, would you have posted "They're not really grandparents because that's not their kid!" No, so STFU.

Posted by: Caliban | Dec 15, 2011 6:47:40 PM

11. @Jason - Where the hell did you get that information?

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Dec 15, 2011 7:06:45 PM

12. Can't say that I'd be that excited over being a grandfather....I feel old enough as it is!

Posted by: Joe | Dec 15, 2011 7:23:19 PM

13. Jason f*ck off.

Posted by: D.R.H. | Dec 15, 2011 7:44:18 PM

14. Very cool. Very happy for them.

Posted by: Charles Lemos | Dec 15, 2011 8:45:49 PM

15. EDD......I got it. And I haven't stopped laughing!!!!!!

Posted by: John | Dec 15, 2011 8:49:03 PM

16. congrads i can tell you from experance it just as much fun with the 3rd garnd as it was for the first only thing different is you cristmas list get biger and more b-day to remember

Posted by: Mike | Dec 15, 2011 9:11:22 PM

17. I identify with the stoic dad's more low-key reaction, but appreciate the jumping, screaming dad's excitement. Hey, sometimes you just want or NEED somebody to jump up and down and scream "YAY!" and be your biggest cheerleader.

It's hilarious how the more reserved dad acts like, "Oh lord, here we go again!" and gets out of the way even while smiling over his partner's more... effusive display. It's a good mix of personalities.

I wonder if their child (the girl?) told his/her partner, "I'm just warning you, he's gonna FLIP!" :-)

Posted by: Caliban | Dec 15, 2011 9:15:28 PM

18. Gay marriage support just went from 53% to 49%...

Posted by: Cyd | Dec 15, 2011 9:31:26 PM

19. @Matt S and @Luca - right on.

@RayrayJ - it was obvious who was being more vocal and flamboyant in the video. it's a commonly held stereotype that this type of behavior is linked to being a bottom but obviously that isn't always true. Recognizing a hurtful stereotype for what it is and responding negatively to it says nothing about the "respondee's perceptions" other than showing they have the courage to stand up to bigoted jerks.

@Edd - that wasn't humor. that was stereotyping at its worst.

Posted by: Tictac | Dec 15, 2011 9:32:35 PM

20. Awesome news for this family! I can't wait! Our son is 22 and I know this day will come for us! Corey is still in college, so there is no girl in the picture, but still...one day...

Posted by: curt | Dec 15, 2011 10:08:12 PM

21. Absolutely beautiful. The love that grandchild will enjoy is really gonna be something. Congrats to this wonderful family. I wish there were more of these videos around. I could watch a channel of this 24/7. I hope all their dreams come true. The man in the white shirt? His joy is contagious- everyone should know someone like that. Filterless joy. Hooray!

Posted by: Tara | Dec 15, 2011 11:06:13 PM

22. What's the saying:

Fem on the street, butch in the sheets...

Posted by: Jay M | Dec 15, 2011 11:51:59 PM

23. Goodness... I know we wil go crazy happy when one of our adopted sons gives u the news of a new generation starting!

I hope to live long enough to hear the words. - it will be such a wonderful day!!!

Posted by: Arturo Beche | Dec 16, 2011 12:37:51 AM

24. you dont know how your life will turn...but learning to be happy for happy gay people isn't a small part of that. don't hate each other. congrats to the grandpas!!!

Posted by: pipi | Dec 16, 2011 1:01:19 AM

25. Haters gonna hate. Congrats to the parents, the grandparents, and those in committed relationships!

CHEERS!!