Gay Parents | News

Gay Dads are Told They're Going to be Grandpas: VIDEO

Gaydads

I can't say I've ever seen a similar moment captured on film.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via reddit)

Comments

1. In toto these comments underscore why I much prefer straight people to gay ones. Leering losers, sex obsessed, shallow, total clones of one another, that's what you get. There are many exceptions of course, great wit often but just too many low grade minds predominate.

Posted by: uffda | Dec 16, 2011 7:01:12 AM

2. WHO THE F*UCK CARES ABOUT WHO'S THE TOP?!

Morons, that's who.

Posted by: DeeperStill | Dec 16, 2011 8:18:04 AM

3. Sweet! You can tell the family is very close. I hope the grand dads and the young couple are very happy!!!

Posted by: WayneMPLS | Dec 16, 2011 8:44:22 AM

4. Fantastic; what unadulterated happiness...just plain joyful. I wish I'd had such a loving family...

...and I have never understood the insidious sexism inside the gay "community" when I see such comfort in the snide denigration of bottoms. Who would want to be the sex partner of a man who had such a low opinion of one...and of himself, evidently...?

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Dec 16, 2011 9:16:03 AM

5. Uffda, you are insane. A quick perusal of comment boards on huffpost or abcnews, etc, etc, will quickly prove your commment about 'straights' false

Posted by: redball | Dec 16, 2011 9:21:36 AM

6. I love my people!

Posted by: steve | Dec 16, 2011 11:39:37 AM

7. Aww that was beyond cute! Haha

Posted by: Lauren | Dec 16, 2011 11:54:48 AM

8. Fantastic!!!!! Congratulations to the parents-to-be and of course the granddads. This video is the next step in changing the hearts and minds at large on issues like gay adoption and gay parenting. I wish you all incredible love and joy in the years to come. Thank you for posting this

Posted by: Kris | Dec 16, 2011 12:19:52 PM

9. Redball@ you're right of course. I'm just talking about MY straight friends and the way that I read the majority of gay men I have met. They don't impress me very much along with all those commenting here about tops and bottoms. I don't care who is what as long as they are decent folk and with a few shining exceptions on the gay side, most of the people I like are straight because, I like to think, most people are not gay. As it reasonably turns out then, I know about five in fifty people who are gay and my kind, the rest are not gay, though all of them are completely accepting.

Posted by: uffda | Dec 16, 2011 7:35:17 PM

10. I don't think those who are saying he's a top or bottom are making a literal statement. The dude is obviously exhibiting typical female behavior; therefore= he's a bottom. It's a joke.

This video is out there for viewers to comment about anything they reckon is noteworthy. The fact is, the video is mostly noticeable because the man's behavior is rather flamboyant--NOT due to the couple's sexuality! If he's the butt of jokes--fare game I say.

Posted by: Migue | Dec 16, 2011 7:54:45 PM

11. AMAZING! One of Towleroad's best posts. I can't thank you guys enough for sharing this. It makes me so happy to see this.

Posted by: James | Dec 17, 2011 2:06:47 AM

12. What a joyful video. Congratulations to that FAMILY. Please run more happy stories like this whenever you can.

Posted by: jack | Dec 17, 2011 4:28:05 PM

13. i think the "i know who the bottom is " comment is more specifically people making a stab at some humor. we all know about the stero typing and labels… hopefully these comments were intended to poke fun and not actually make an evaluation based on the guy's soprano reaction….. give people credit … you might be surprised...

Posted by: chris keck | Dec 17, 2011 4:45:18 PM

14. who cares about "top or bottom" roles on this most joyous of occasions! Someone was generous enough to share this short burst of Heaven & love on you tube!
    May this young couple stay healthy & give the child all the love it deserves..., I see a grandpa that will "Squeese you, 'til you're unconsious.., Spin around, look over here...,"
    You go boy! Explode into confetti! You deserve it!

Posted by: Sly D | Dec 17, 2011 5:35:00 PM

15. I'll admit my attempt at humor wasn't very stellar if you all admit RAYRAYJ has a VERY valid point.

And again, CONGRATS to the soon to be grandfathers.

Posted by: Edd | Dec 18, 2011 7:36:31 PM

16. I wish I could have given that news to my father and his partner. My father would have been so proud and my children would have been so lucky to have two wonder, loving grandfathers!

Posted by: classychazy | Jan 6, 2012 9:23:27 AM