Gay Marriage | Minnesota | News

MN Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment Supporter Has Hurricane-Force Aversion to Homosexuality: VIDEO

Hayes

Minnesota Public Radio's Public Insight Network is soliciting videos surrounding Minnesota's anti-gay marriage amendment. Here's one they received.

Mark Hayes is supporting Minnesota's marriage amendment because of his "scientific experience of reproduction being a basic facet of existence for all organisms" and describes how he'd feel if his daughter told him she's a lesbian:

"It wouldn't be pretty. My response to one of my daughter's telling me she's a lesbian would be a lot like Katrina hitting New Orleans. It would not be good."

Hayes goes on to describe why he thinks homosexuality is a disease.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

More videos HERE.

Comments

1. Wait, is he making the case for or against the amendment? It seems the marriage equality side would benefit a lot more from this video and his, um, "view" of things!

Posted by: Kenneth | Dec 16, 2011 6:17:13 PM

2. Neither my wife nor I have any urge to reproduce. According to Mark, I am not alive. Huh. I certainly FEEL alive...

Posted by: Eric | Dec 16, 2011 11:32:15 PM

3. oh yeah like everyone would become gay...another person that just wants to make the news. I have noticed since same-sex marriage has been a big political topic all these people come out of the wood work...people you never heard of. Its for them to make a name for themselves and some even make money off it...here we go again being used to make money off of us gay people...that is PATHIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Silas | Dec 17, 2011 10:08:47 AM

4. 1. so Mark's hatred of homosexuality is stronger than his love for his daughter? And he thinks he's a better parent than I would be?

2. human population continues growing. No risk that too many gays will lead to such low reproductive rates to cause extinction.

Maybe Mark's parents should have used contraception.

Much of Mark's message is incoherent. Children of single parents are sent to the Principal's office more-often...but same-sex couples are worse for raising kids? Why? Because in non-same-sex families there's "no guarantee the child becomes a homosexual."

Mark's arguments are so ridiculous they hardly warrant a response.

Posted by: Chris | Dec 17, 2011 11:10:00 AM

5. the amazing thing is that his daughters should be devastated by his statement, even if they're heterosexual.

he's literally saying to them that all that they are, all that they have been, and the bond they have shared as his daughters would be negated if they were gay.

thus, he doesn't actually love them. love is unconditional. his "love" is conditional. it's only because they're straight.

his straight daughters should be devastated to know that their dad doesn't actually accept them. that's sad.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Dec 17, 2011 3:39:42 PM

6. I was Mark Hayes' undergraduate science advisor. Like a lot of MN District 6 (Michelle Bachmann's) science graduates...he doesn't let his science background influence his fundamental Lutheran Xtian prejudices.
    I had science majors come up to me angry because I admitted that I didn't believe in guardian angels. We even had biology profs who didn't believe in evolution!

Posted by: chuck | Dec 17, 2011 6:56:09 PM

7. Closet case says what?

Posted by: justinw | Dec 18, 2011 4:15:48 PM

8. literally, think about what he's saying - the man is literally saying that the only reason he loves his daughters is because he believes they're heterosexual.

let that sink it. the only condition for him loving his daughters is that they're straight.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Dec 18, 2011 4:27:15 PM

9. Not to be too concerned: people are notoriously bad at predicting how they will respond under a given circumstance. This guy is seriously misinformed.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Jan 9, 2012 4:33:00 PM