Couples | News | Relationships

BigGayDeal.com

I Think These Guys Are In Love: VIDEO

Love

This 'This is Our Year' clip rolled into my inbox with few details, but with this much sweetness who needs any?

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

this is our year. from Joe M on Vimeo.

Comments

1. I am sorry, some of us cannot see this. We do not have a password. I respect that though :o(

Posted by: jose | Dec 19, 2011 9:18:02 PM

2. "the blond guy is drop dead gorgeous and the dark haired one is "ordinary" looking"

What a weird & biased statement to make. The blond may be drop-dead gorgeous to you but AS YOU SAID beauty is in the eye of the beholder & I'm sure many would find the dark-haired man very fine.

Posted by: redball | Dec 19, 2011 9:44:48 PM

3. What's the password?

Posted by: Tom | Dec 19, 2011 9:56:13 PM

4. Love, Love, Love this video. My partner & i recently celebrated 14 years together & i wish i had a video like this to look back on. I'm gonna watch that again!

Posted by: chasingvegas | Dec 19, 2011 10:36:11 PM

5. it's saying it ia a 'private video'and asking for a password???????????

Posted by: Jamie | Dec 19, 2011 10:39:01 PM

6. i hope these guys are in love because i am in love with them.

Posted by: jack | Dec 19, 2011 10:59:37 PM

7. what is the password dammit

Posted by: scruff | Dec 19, 2011 11:00:04 PM

8. @ Mikey... I'm glad it's worked out for you, but in all honestly, you're one of the lucky few.

With the tough economic times we've had over the past couple of decades, financial stability now comes into play when you date someone. It's no longer a matter of being in love. Love won't put a meal on your plate or pay your bills.

Let's be realistic here, if you want to date a good-looking guy, you better have money. If you're interested in a younger guy then you better be loaded as well. It's as Jim Carrey said in I love you Phillip Morris- "Being gay is expensive!!!

Posted by: stranded | Dec 19, 2011 11:18:28 PM

9. Beautiful video...

22 years here and I share the sentiments of the other long-term couples that have commented here. The love only grows stronger with time. It's heartening to hear this is an experience shared by others as well.

Posted by: Anonymous | Dec 19, 2011 11:22:14 PM

10. What's the pw?

Posted by: Fisher | Dec 20, 2011 12:54:27 AM

11. would someone please tell me what is a "Private video" ? why is it here and where do you get the password ?? I am rather confused here ..

Posted by: MarkBoston | Dec 20, 2011 1:30:20 AM

12. @chris..thanks for the new link. We're at 35 this year, son is 14. I remember the days of yellow roses and love notes on the windshield. Still have them pressed and packed away somewhere. Nowadays a good footrub after a long day says it all. Ain't love grand!!

Posted by: dixichuk | Dec 20, 2011 2:11:00 AM

13. @chip, I meant. Thanks for this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhTK_j0kJQA

Posted by: dixichuk | Dec 20, 2011 2:22:35 AM

14. Sad, they have made the video private and so didn't have a chance to see it.

Posted by: Lee | Dec 20, 2011 4:47:54 AM

15. You tube link works- and it's a stunner. More genuine because of the clunky sound mixing. Makes me want to be sure my partner and I stay tapped int to this feeling with each other.

The comments about the loss of a partner are sad and sweet and all too realistic. The odds that we'd go on the same day are very slim. That makes me want to put down my laptop and roll over and kiss him. Oh wait, he just got up to get me coffee....

Posted by: Rob | Dec 20, 2011 7:23:10 AM

16. Unfortunately there now appears to be some sort of password required in order to watch it...

Posted by: Ben Ragunton | Dec 20, 2011 7:49:02 AM

17. All I get is a screen that says it's a private video and I need a password to see it....

Posted by: Elliott | Dec 20, 2011 8:18:57 AM

18. Wow...very heartwarming..I loved watching that gleam in their eyes...

Posted by: Tom J | Dec 20, 2011 9:10:02 AM

19. please excuse me while I go into a corner and weep, uncontrollably.....

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Dec 20, 2011 9:21:19 AM

20. So sweet and heartwarming this video and it's great that this and other types of videos short as the Aussie It's Time are starting to slowly appear more often online.

Posted by: Huggitos | Dec 20, 2011 9:48:45 AM

21. I watched it yesterday; I posted the link on today;
    Nothing could be sweeter....or more positive and uplifting.
    I wish these boys well for their future.....they have started out wonderfully.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 20, 2011 11:10:16 AM

22. Yay - the video is no longer private. Here is what Joe says about the video and how its popularity gook them by surprise:
    -----------
    The Story Behind This Video: Will & I have been together for coming up to two years. Last year for Christmas I bought him a diary and wrote memorable dates in it, like the date of our first date etc. That kind of corny stuff! This year, I wanted to make a video, so made this video for him and called it "this is our year." (not because it's a montage of clips from the past year, but more so because it's OUR first proper full year together). I uploaded it to Vimeo a few days ago, but it was never my intention for it to go public - and as a novice Vimeo user, I didn't quite get the privacy settings correct(!)

Next day, after a day at work and going to a Christmas market with Will, we came back home and when I checked my emails I realised that it had gone viral. It has been a bit of a shock, as I didn't think anyone else had access to it (my mistake!) - let alone 20,000 had watched it. We're grateful for all the lovely comments, and apologise that we had to take it offline for a while, while we figured out if keeping it up was the best thing to do.

Merry Christmas x

Posted by: Chip | Dec 20, 2011 12:52:10 PM

23. I recently met a very happy and vital kind of man who is surprised to find that at 70 he has found the love of his life. They realize that they don't have much time left and are making the best of it.

My therapist told me last week that he thinks the two most important things you can do in your life is to learn how to love and to create. How appropriate that I heard the jazz standard "Nature Boy" while driving last night.

The paradox of this life thing is how to be content while alone and also open to loving. But it starts with yourself. These guys clearly have good and happy self-images.

Posted by: greg | Dec 20, 2011 2:05:32 PM

24. What a great vid. Met my husband on the first day of college- 27 years ago- and I knew it the moment I saw him- Love at first sight- and we are wonderfully affectionate- say 'I love you' dozens of times a day,,, and I love watching him come through the door at night- thanks for posting this- more please!

Posted by: Dr, C | Dec 20, 2011 4:13:30 PM

25. let me guess...they've dated less than a year. let's check back in on them in 3 more

Posted by: djm | Dec 20, 2011 5:00:23 PM