Alex Pettyfer | Channing Tatum | Joe Manganiello | Magic Mike | Matthew McConaughey

Joe Manganiello, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey, and Channing Tatum Strip in 'Magic Mike': FIRST LOOK

Magicmike

Here's the first official still from Magic Mike, the Steven Soderbergh-directed flick about Channing Tatum's former life as a stripper starring Tatum, Joe Manganiello, Alex Pettyfer, and Matthew McConaughey, among others.

The official synopsis goes: "Set in the world of male strippers, “Magic Mike” is directed by Steven Soderbergh and stars Channing Tatum (“Dear John,” “Step Up”) in a story inspired by his real life. The film follows Mike (Tatum) as he takes a young dancer called The Kid (Pettyfer) under his wing and schools him in the fine arts of partying, picking up women, and making easy money."

It's got a June 29, 2012 release date.

Close ups, AFTER THE JUMP...

Said Manganiello in October about his character: "Big Dick Richie? That's the reason to do it. There's definitely a scene that will answer those questions. Everybody kinda does their own thing...Big sexy Kevin Nash has his Tarzan thing, I've got my fireman thing, Matt Bomer's got a doctor thing going on, Adam Rodriguez does a Latino lover bit."

Matt Bomer doesn't make this shot, but he's been talking about it as well:

"There's something about throwing a thong on in front of other peope that just instantly forms an ensemble...I had never worn a thong before. So, the first time I tried it I put it on wrong and my junk didn't fit in it. I had to call a wardrobe person in and go, something's wrong with my thong you guys. I think we're going to have to figure this out' and they go 'yeah, your legs are in the wrong holes.'"

Close ups, AFTER THE JUMP...

Manganiello:

Manganiello

Pettyfer:

Pettyfer

McConaughey, er, Uncle Sam:

Mcconnaughey

Tatum:

Tatum

Comments

1. Is McConaughey the gay one?Yikes, that outfit?

Posted by: Peter | Dec 26, 2011 9:50:49 AM

2. McConaughey doesn't look too crazy (sarcasm) does he now?

Manganiello is so beautiful.

Posted by: Jim | Dec 26, 2011 10:09:49 AM

3. Matt (or his publicist) made that up. No one (even an actor, no matter how pretty) is that stupid.

Did he think the pouch in back for for catching poop?

Posted by: eric | Dec 26, 2011 10:12:27 AM

4. Sad....

Posted by: Dan | Dec 26, 2011 10:37:44 AM

5. Joe looks super hot like always. Can't wait to see his Big D scene.
    Otherwise, not my kind of a movie.

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 26, 2011 10:48:07 AM

6. Oh.Lord.Gods...

If this isn't the "gay-attended movie" of the year, then someone's spiking the water in West Hollywood. Where did Matt M. find one of Peter Berlin's old leather pants?

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | Dec 26, 2011 10:59:06 AM

7. Is there gonna be any gay content in this masterpiece? Or is everybody just gonna pretend that all strippers are straight for the ladies. If that's the route they go, then it seems kinda hypocritical since Channing modeled for Out magazine.

Posted by: Christian | Dec 26, 2011 11:02:22 AM

8. Wow. Not ashamed to say I can't wait!

Posted by: terry | Dec 26, 2011 11:02:41 AM

9. Back when I was living in Austin, and Matthew Mc. was attending the University of Texas, one of the most fun nightspots for the gays (and straight guys with gay friends or liberal girlfriends) was a place called Oilcan Harry's. The strip show there ran two nights a week and was hosted by a flamboyant guy named Dale (Momma Dale) who was part emcee with a dash of pimp (it was lascivious, but fabulous). I wouldn't be surprised if Matthew has taken a few points from Momma Dale (despite the name, he was never in drag) and might have a flamboyant streak to his owner/host character, gay or straight. From the pic, it seems quite possible.

Posted by: AnonymousJack | Dec 26, 2011 11:14:22 AM

10. Two problems here...

1) Aren't they a bit old to be strippers???

2) You're going to have 6 or so strippers and none of them are gay???

Um, OK.

Posted by: Michael | Dec 26, 2011 11:35:36 AM

11. I did not need to see that picture of Matthew McConaughey.

Posted by: Garst | Dec 26, 2011 12:00:50 PM

12. Eye candy aside, we all know this is going to suck, don't we? Please tell me there isn't really anyone who actually wants to see this?

Posted by: Max | Dec 26, 2011 12:01:21 PM

13. @max

Agreed. It's gonna be awful, but let's hope that it will be entertainingly bad. Sort of like a male Showgirls.

Posted by: new-new | Dec 26, 2011 12:13:24 PM

14. Actually, since Soderbergh is directing it, I have hopes. All of his movies are interesting in one way or another. And I will pa top dollar for even a glimpse of Matt Bomer in a thong.

Posted by: Jim | Dec 26, 2011 12:45:02 PM

15. Not a decent bulge in the whole lot.

Posted by: ggreen | Dec 26, 2011 1:28:29 PM

16. Yes, it will probably be awful. Yes, I wanna see it.

Posted by: Stick | Dec 26, 2011 2:02:54 PM

17. I hope thi rises to the artistic level of the classic CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC. I revisit that every ccouple of years and marvel at it--except for the final few minutes featuring the Tw*t Sisters or whatever they were called. Maybe Steve Gutenberg could roller skate through one scene.

Posted by: gregory brown | Dec 26, 2011 2:11:08 PM

18. Matthew's body looks great but he's looking a little rough in the face.

Posted by: Norig | Dec 26, 2011 6:08:51 PM

19. Manganiello: great body, but forget the face. Pettyfer: pretty but his features seem a little humble to be doing the stipper thingy. McConaughey: gorgeous body, but his face is beginning to cry “grandpa!” Blonds don’t age well, especially if they took all the sun. Tatum: perfect, no problem there.
    Will I see the movie? No way, unless the buzz is about something interesting beyond the apparent shallowness of the theme. Maybe later in time. By the way, my opinions are just for fun, anyone can do a stripping as long as someone gets excited to see him doing it.

Posted by: Lexxvss | Dec 26, 2011 7:11:55 PM

20. Faggots will flock at the chance to see flesh...

Posted by: TrueWords | Dec 26, 2011 7:40:31 PM

21. @truewords...because the pop cultural world (from Britney Spears, to PLAYBOY, to Maxim magazine, to beer ads, to the lingerie bowl, to NFL cheerleaders, etc.) doesn't revolve around straight men clamoring to do the same thing. The only problem is going to be how you suddenly don't measure up after your wife, girlfriend, or boyfriend (are you the self-loathing type?) gets a load of the "flesh" evening out the gender score. Take your hate speech and trolltastic insults and move along.

Posted by: AnonymousJack | Dec 26, 2011 8:04:36 PM

22. Thank you, AnonymousJack! ;)

Posted by: DeeperStill | Dec 27, 2011 4:50:12 AM

23. It's almost certainly going to be terrible. But I will not be paying attention to the plot anyway.

Oh Joe, why were you not under my Christmas tree this year?

Posted by: Eric | Dec 27, 2011 5:24:14 AM

24. Matthew gets really provocatively gay when he drinks. He has been all over other guys at Austin parties I've been to, and ignores the girls. I know it's a stretch that men in theater could be gay, but this one- just wait.

Posted by: Rob | Dec 27, 2011 7:17:10 AM

25. uhhh... aren't most strippers under 35?

Posted by: tom a | Dec 27, 2011 10:30:06 AM