Alex Pettyfer | Channing Tatum | Joe Manganiello | Magic Mike | Matthew McConaughey

BigGayDeal.com

Joe Manganiello, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey, and Channing Tatum Strip in 'Magic Mike': FIRST LOOK

Magicmike

Here's the first official still from Magic Mike, the Steven Soderbergh-directed flick about Channing Tatum's former life as a stripper starring Tatum, Joe Manganiello, Alex Pettyfer, and Matthew McConaughey, among others.

The official synopsis goes: "Set in the world of male strippers, “Magic Mike” is directed by Steven Soderbergh and stars Channing Tatum (“Dear John,” “Step Up”) in a story inspired by his real life. The film follows Mike (Tatum) as he takes a young dancer called The Kid (Pettyfer) under his wing and schools him in the fine arts of partying, picking up women, and making easy money."

It's got a June 29, 2012 release date.

Close ups, AFTER THE JUMP...

Said Manganiello in October about his character: "Big Dick Richie? That's the reason to do it. There's definitely a scene that will answer those questions. Everybody kinda does their own thing...Big sexy Kevin Nash has his Tarzan thing, I've got my fireman thing, Matt Bomer's got a doctor thing going on, Adam Rodriguez does a Latino lover bit."

Matt Bomer doesn't make this shot, but he's been talking about it as well:

"There's something about throwing a thong on in front of other peope that just instantly forms an ensemble...I had never worn a thong before. So, the first time I tried it I put it on wrong and my junk didn't fit in it. I had to call a wardrobe person in and go, something's wrong with my thong you guys. I think we're going to have to figure this out' and they go 'yeah, your legs are in the wrong holes.'"

Close ups, AFTER THE JUMP...

Manganiello:

Manganiello

Pettyfer:

Pettyfer

McConaughey, er, Uncle Sam:

Mcconnaughey

Tatum:

Tatum

Comments

1. It's Soderbergh! Highly unlikely this will be bad. He often takes outlandish premises and makes them into something worthwhile. Can't wait.

Posted by: CHSC | Dec 27, 2011 1:43:44 PM

2. Where's Matt Bomer, he is actually third billed in the film and obviously the hottest and most talented of this crew!

Posted by: Hank M | Dec 27, 2011 2:04:08 PM

3. Before reading the comments, I thought I was the only gay guy not excited by this movie at all. Never seen the big deal in Channing Tatum, dislike McConaughey and Petyfer, neutral on Manganielo and Bomer

Posted by: Bryan | Dec 27, 2011 2:35:37 PM

4. I would say that the only one who is too old to be a stripper is Matthew McConaughey. He has a great body, but the face is too old and haggard. I never found him attractive anyhow.
    The pretence that all or even most male strippers are straight is laughable.
    Joe Manganiello does not have much of a face, just a muscle-Mary body.
    I like Alex Pettyfer better than the other two; he's beautiful and fit, but indeed does not have the right attitude to be a stripper.
    Tatum and Bomer will be really good. Channing often lets his looks slip, but he should do well here. Bomer, along with Pettyfer, is my fave. Pity William Levy Gutierrez will not be in it.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Dec 28, 2011 2:43:48 PM

5. Matthew McConnaughey looks really strange compared to the other guys.

Posted by: Kevin | Jan 10, 2012 6:11:45 AM

6. They all look good in their own way.

Posted by: Jeff In Boston | Jan 17, 2012 10:56:27 AM

7. It's going to be very hard to get straight guys to go see this movie, even with their girlfriends/wives... It'll be great for bachelorettes, girls, gays, and Tweens who have oved on from the Twilight fan base...

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jan 17, 2012 4:33:43 PM

8. As much as I think that Manganiello is very hot, fun and a cool guy, I am NOT going to see that movie of stripper without full nudity. I'll wait for the Netflix streaming.

Wonder if this will be the male version of Showgirls.

Posted by: FunMe | Jan 17, 2012 10:11:35 PM

9. Why is McConagay in this. Ruins it! Not that I was planning on actually watching this mess... well, maybe if I catch it at a Red Box...

Posted by: jeffjeff | Mar 20, 2012 4:16:22 PM

10. ok ill be truthful here i wasn't always gay but having the body and i guess the face and danced like a hooker my whole life i never have to go after fame the parents fueled my life till now,i think this movie is going to have every guy that thinks he is hot trying to get ahold of some serostim which is a human growth hormone you probably would only know living in Los angeles and Malibu your whole life,just be careful yes you will get a amazing body ,i have always raced motocross so i have the jeans and with a little bit of training with angela best she taught me how to look like i do.i cant wait to see the movie yea the stripers i have met traveling all over the hot spots miami LA orlando vegas and David Geffen world have been gay for pay,i dought there will be any gay in the movie at all its already like some have you said a target for gay guys to see bodies and dicks with cock rings on,check me out on face book let me know if you think i can do it and if so hit me up

Posted by: Matt Santangelo | May 22, 2012 9:25:23 AM

11. This is a Steven Soderbergh film people! He doesn't usually do terrible. Really don't think he'd sign on to direct this thing (ESPECIALLY not being Tatum's 1ST CHOICE to direct) unless he saw potential (no pun intended.) I, for one, am anxiously awaiting its release & also think its going to surprise the critics & naysayers!! So, my fellow ladies & pretty boys June 29th IT IS ON!!! (SN: Any "gay haters" on here remember one thing, YOU'RE ON HERE!! So SHUT THE HELL UP!)

Posted by: AshleyNC | Jun 16, 2012 10:09:34 PM