2012 Election | Bob Vander Plaats | News | Newt Gingrich | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Newt Gingrich Bows Down to Iowa Anti-Gay Group 'The Family Leader'

Thrice-married adulterer Newt Gingrich has written to The Family Leader, Iowa's leading anti-gay group, in support of its Marriage Vow, which Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum have already signed.

Familyleader_newtGingrich's response to the group comes in the form of a promise to "strengthen and defend" family by defending the unborn, religious liberty, the right of the people to rule themselves, and defend against debt.

He also says he'll defend marriage:

"As President, I will vigorously enforce the Defense of Marriage Act, which was enacted under my leadership as Speaker of the House, and ensure compliance with its provisions, especially in the military. I will also aggressively defend the constitutionality of DOMA in federal and state courts. I will support sending a federal constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman to the states for ratification. I will also oppose any judicial, bureaucratic, or legislative effort to define marriage in any manner other than as between one man and one woman. I will support all efforts to reform promptly any uneconomic or anti-marriage aspects of welfare and tax policy. I also pledge to uphold the institution of marriage through personal fidelity to my spouse and respect for the marital bonds of others."

Bob Vander Plaats is pleased with Newt's promises. The group has yet to endorse a candidate.

(via think progress lgbt)

Comments

1. I wish the ghost of Newt's wife would hurry up and enact horrific vengeance from beyond the grave on this miserable excuse for a human being.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Dec 12, 2011 2:31:52 PM

2. OK, folks, lets have some fun here. Fill in the blanks - Newt Gingrich promising up "uphold marrige" is like _______ promising to ________"

The possibilities are endless, right?

Posted by: Mary | Dec 12, 2011 2:42:29 PM

3. OK, folks, lets have some fun here. Fill in the blanks - Newt Gingrich promising up "uphold marrige" is like _______ promising to ________"

The possibilities are endless, right?

..its like - the Sun promising NOT to Burn.

Posted by: Gay American | Dec 12, 2011 2:47:21 PM

4. Right, and sharks are vegans.

Posted by: MikeMick | Dec 12, 2011 2:58:59 PM

5. "...and respect for the marital bonds of others."

I don't imagine that includes the legal marital bonds of lesbian and gay couples.

Posted by: Jeffrey in St. Louis | Dec 12, 2011 3:04:22 PM

6. "I also pledge to uphold the institution of marriage through personal fidelity to my spouse and respect for the marital bonds of others." (Until I move onto my fourth wife)

what a loser...

Posted by: Dan | Dec 12, 2011 4:15:35 PM

7. merry xmas, candace (and the rest of us)

please shove his gift us his ass. thanks

Posted by: r | Dec 12, 2011 5:18:36 PM

8. I hope his promise make extra-double-sure that DOMA is obeyed when it comes to the spouses of our military dead gets wide coverage in the military press and TV.

Posted by: BobN | Dec 12, 2011 5:38:47 PM

9. Yeah that's what we need President Hypocrite!

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 12, 2011 5:52:52 PM

10. If there is a god, the posting of this comment will cause this ugly excuse of a man to have a fatal aneurism.

*crosses fingers and clicks Post...*

Posted by: Jeff K. | Dec 12, 2011 9:13:07 PM

11. After reading you site, Your site is very useful for me .I bookmarked your site!

Posted by: snapbacks for sale | Dec 13, 2011 1:31:39 AM

12. Whenever I hear one of these haters say "As President...", I just can't stop laughing. Comedy Gold!

Posted by: DeeperStill | Dec 13, 2011 4:09:10 AM

13. lol. If that is what family means to the average Republican no wonder they are all miserable. If your savior is Gingrich you have no room to condemn anyone for family values.

Posted by: Paul | Dec 13, 2011 4:11:48 PM

14. Not a hard pledge to keep as one gets older, and plumper. We have only to fear a buff even more energetic Gingrich ... may he continue to clog his arteries if they are, start clogging them if they aren't.

Posted by: Robert | Dec 13, 2011 5:56:35 PM