"Ex-Gays" | News | Pat Robertson

Pat Robertson Tells Man with Gay Son to 'Love' Him by Sending Him to 'Ex-Gay' Conversion: VIDEO

Robertson

On today's The 700 Club, Pat Robertson answered a question from a man wondering what he should do about his gay son. Robertson suggests some "ex-gay" conversion love, Right Wing Watch reports.

Said Robertson: "I don’t know all the genes or the genetics that’s in your son as to what is causing him to do whatever he’s doing, you’ll have to figure that one out. But normally speaking, a person who has acquired this can un-acquire it. We’ve had many people who have indeed left the homosexual lifestyle and gone into a heterosexual relationship and have been very, very happy. But all I can say is love the son, love the son, and show him what you consider a better way."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. gay face

Posted by: zackben | Dec 21, 2011 8:35:23 PM

2. Yes, every parent hopes and wishes their child will marry an ex-gay. It is a dream come true, and also very exciting to watch as the fake marriage crumbles and the "ex-gay" comes out of the closet.

Posted by: homer | Dec 21, 2011 8:39:13 PM

3. I hope Satan loves Robertson when he welcomes him home

Posted by: frank | Dec 21, 2011 9:31:53 PM

4. When will Pat Robertson's hate speech be silenced? There are still people who listen to this ill-informed and dangerous man. Shut down his funds. Take his channel off of cable line ups. Enough is enough.

Posted by: Sean | Dec 21, 2011 9:37:25 PM

5. Golly, I don't know, "normally speaking," what I'd do without the sage guidance of Pat. So wonderful.

At least he says to love the son. I'm sure that if he weren't on TV, he'd say to disown the son and pretend you never had him. Though it's telling that he acknowledges the potential role of genes/genetics. Even he knows that what he's saying is a lie. "Acquiring" this "lifestyle"? Come on. I don't think I even met any out gay people (of any age) until after I came out, and that was when I was 13. So I'd love to know how I acquired my life.

It's really sad that a father is so anguished over his son that he'd consult this fossil. And it's really sad that the son is going to have to listen to the father spew this crap advice.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 21, 2011 9:56:51 PM

6. Thank you Homer for talking about what happens when a woman marries an 'ex gay'. There is a youtube video I wish Robertson would watch called Ex gay=ex wife. These women are torn like nothing else and have been damaged by the men they thought loved them, who actually DID love them but couldn't live a lie anymore. Robertson has never had to argue with his sexuality and he cares not for those who are. I hate that people listen to him the way they do. Ex gay counseling is spiritual abuse

Posted by: Terry | Dec 21, 2011 10:07:25 PM

7. Robertson and his perverted opinions are divorced from reality.

Posted by: Jay | Dec 21, 2011 10:07:51 PM

8. Because nothing says "I love you" quite like electro shock therapy and a lifetime of being screwed up by a fake psychiatrist, right Pat?

Posted by: Craig | Dec 21, 2011 10:22:53 PM

9. What's that lyric (addressed to parents) that's something like "they come from you, but they are not you?" I think Sweet Honey In The Rock recorded it once, but it's someone else who wrote it. But I could be entirely wrong on any of these points.

Posted by: Scot Colford | Dec 21, 2011 10:34:04 PM

10. Why does Right Wing Watch insist on appending all of their videos with that overly dramatic music? Sometimes I want to forward these to friends, but I always resist. Because of those spooky/paranoid overtones.

Let the videos speak for themselves. They're scary enough as they are.

Posted by: Andrew | Dec 21, 2011 10:41:45 PM

11. Kill it! Kill it with fire!
    Why won't this walking corpse die already??

Posted by: Dan | Dec 21, 2011 10:43:07 PM

12. great advice. Pat Robertson has just helped the man lose his son.

make no mistake, he will lose his son. his son will either end his life, or he will forever walk away from the man who was supposed to be his father.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Dec 21, 2011 10:56:16 PM

13. Oh Pat, I hope you die soon, and I'll come to your funeral in a red dress. Truly one of the most vile human beings on the planet. Since Jesse Helms died, he's probably the most heinous slimeball around.

Posted by: So Left I'm Right | Dec 21, 2011 11:33:09 PM

14. Pat Robertson Says Alzheimer's Makes Divorce OK

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Dec 21, 2011 11:41:23 PM

15. I just hope the son is over 18, or if he's not, there will be friends to hide him. Those ex-gay places really scare me.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Dec 22, 2011 12:22:08 AM

16. He'll be dead in 5 years, and millions of other angry old dinosaurs like him.

Posted by: St. Theresa of Avila | Dec 22, 2011 1:34:32 AM

17. When's that old bastard gonna croak?

Posted by: TIM | Dec 22, 2011 1:47:07 AM

18. Where are the crazy assassins when you need them? Oh wait... they're religious whack jobs.

Posted by: oliver | Dec 22, 2011 3:41:21 AM

19. "normally speaking"? Huh. What an awful advice PR gave!

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 22, 2011 5:17:07 AM

20. Pat might be a quack but at least he's not a hypocritical liberal. Liberals can't stand the sight of two men kissing. The only time they pay attention to gay men is if they need to use us to make a point against conservatives.

Posted by: david | Dec 22, 2011 7:45:21 AM

21. The old green Wizard of Bigotry needs to get a heart.

Posted by: Vern Dufford | Dec 22, 2011 8:15:50 AM

22. I wish he'd find a different boogeyman. Using gay people to rake in money in the name of God is getting a bit played out.

Posted by: Mark | Dec 22, 2011 9:14:42 AM

23. Robertson is a dangerous ol' coot whose time on TV will be up - soon - and America will be the better for it.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Dec 22, 2011 9:28:37 AM

24. Pat is worse than FAUX news. They need to remove this guy from the air-waves.

Posted by: Dale | Dec 22, 2011 9:43:13 AM

25. If there really is a god pat would get a nasty fleash eating disease that would reflect what he looks like on the inside.

Posted by: Akula | Dec 22, 2011 10:16:06 AM