News | Ryan James Yezak | T.I.

BigGayDeal.com

Ryan James Yezak Has a Message for T.I.: VIDEO

Yezak

A couple weeks ago I posted the homophobic remarks by T.I. in Vibe magazine as well as his appearance on TMZ defending them. If you missed it, catch up HERE and HERE.

Or you could watch this clip from Ryan James Yezak, who tells me T.I.'s comments bothered him so much that he felt compelled to make this video in response.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Adam, you're making baseless generalizations about an entire subculture born out of an ethnic minority that you know nothing about. That is racist.

Criticizing T.I because of what he said isn't the racist part.
    It's making the assumption that he has those views because he is a black and a rapper, and that all rappers (or saying "most" as if you even know most rappers) is what is racist.

And it reeks of white privilege to feel completely comfortable in criticizing a culture you know nothing about and have no interest or intention of learning about, because someone who happens to belong to that culture, offended you.

If you cannot see that, then you are blind and just as ignorant as T.I

Posted by: Asher | Dec 7, 2011 1:54:46 PM

2. Sorry, delete the "a" before black.

Posted by: Asher | Dec 7, 2011 1:57:52 PM

3. Good video. Excellent points. Presented well. Unfortunately its duration is longer than its intended audience would sit and listen about an issue that doesn't affect them.

Posted by: sparks | Dec 7, 2011 3:06:10 PM

4. @Asher, What racism are you seeing so clearly that I am failing to see?! Why because someone called T.I. a junkie rapper? Hm, let’s dissect this shall we, He’s both A. A rapper (Clearly by his albums/genre of music and B. A junkie (Evidence : his multiple arrests on drug possession) again….where is the racism?! Oh and by failing to make your point of proving someone racist (which was null & void) you basically ousted yourself as being the true racist here by using the terms “White privilege” and then AGAIN with “White people making vast assumption about a culture they know absolutely NOTHING about” really? I would LOVE to know how you came to that racist conclusion and ASSUMPTION by grouping all white people together. Take a look in the mirror next time you want to call someone racist. JUST UGH.

Posted by: James | Dec 7, 2011 3:11:37 PM

5. JP: yes, T.I. most certainly DID advocate hate speech. The speech of Tracy Morgan's that he was defending was the one in which he had said numerous hateful things about gay adults and kids and feminine boys. This included saying that he would stab a male child to death if he talked in a feminine way. Two months later, a man was arrested in Long Island for murdering a 17-month-old baby.He blamed the murder on the baby for "acting like a girl."
    When people expressed outrage at Morgan's hateful rant, he backtracked and admitted what he had said was wrong. But now we have TI (and you) who apparently would characterize this kind of hatred as nothing but simple "free speech" and those who FREELY SPEAK against that hatred and violence as being oversensitive, and it would seem, ironically, want to shut us up.

Posted by: Gregv | Dec 7, 2011 4:41:04 PM

6. I appreciate the message, but this is bordering on histrionic. My five dollars says TI samples it, auto-tunes it, and then makes a fool out of this guy in a song.

Posted by: DannyMI | Dec 7, 2011 7:22:23 PM

7. How many "esses" can she fit into every word? SSSSSSSSSSSS!

Posted by: John | Dec 7, 2011 9:51:05 PM

8. Yuck.
    I can't pay attention to anything that guy is saying.
    The music is terrible.
    His whiney/snotty tone is off-putting.
    The 'pop around' editing is dumb.

And it's over 7 MINUTES LONG!!

This vid = Fail, imo.
    (except for Ryan's self indulgence - I'm sure it succeeded there)

Posted by: lookyloo | Dec 8, 2011 1:17:15 AM

9. You dumb f@gs need to shut up! T.I could care less about you idiotic f@gs

Stupid f@g f@g f@g f@g f@g f@g f@g f@g

Go run after your white uncle in the evangelical movement!

Posted by: Josh | Dec 8, 2011 2:02:43 AM

10. Who is this guy?

Posted by: DAVID | Dec 8, 2011 2:09:45 AM

11. wow. comments are more entertaining than the video we are supposed to be discussing.

Posted by: fanboi | Dec 8, 2011 2:50:16 AM

12. The video was kind of long....

Posted by: Willem | Jan 9, 2012 1:59:37 PM