Jodie Foster | Mel Gibson | News | Ricky Gervais

Ricky Gervais Can't Find a Man Who's Seen Jodie Foster's Beaver: VIDEO

Foster

One of Ricky Gervais' more notable digs in his arguably less cutting opening monologue this year came at the expense of Jodie Foster's reluctance to talk about her sexuality, and the film she starred in with Mel Gibson.

Said Gervais:

"No smut or innuendo. And I’m not to libel anyone. And I must not mention Mel Gibson this year. Not his private life, his politics, his recent films or especially not Jodie Foster’s Beaver. I haven’t seen it myself. I’ve spoken to a lot of guys – they haven’t seen it either but that doesn’t mean it’s not good.”

Of course Gervais wasn't outing Foster, who seemed to love the joke. She pretty much told the world who's seen her beaver four years ago.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Ricky Gervais is cleasrly an idiot and a homophobe. Go back to Britain.

Posted by: steven w | Jan 16, 2012 8:05:55 AM

2. Ricky is an idiot, and people love him cause he's cruel.
    And Jodie Foster looks AWESOME! I can't believe she's gonna be 50 this year.

Posted by: topher | Jan 16, 2012 9:09:18 AM

3. Ricky Gervais was hilarious year ago, but this year I guess NBC was too careful with his material. Shame on NBC.
    @Steven W, I wouldn't call RG an idiot nor homophobe, he was joking. Everyone knew it, including JF, who seemed to have fun.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jan 16, 2012 9:32:27 AM

4. Ricky Gervais is hilarious. I love it, I love his brand of comedy and I love his attitude about it. Like he said in his Ellen interview "this is not a room full of wounded soldiers, these are the most privileged people in the world." They all need to get over themselves if they let a comedian upset them that much.

Posted by: matt | Jan 16, 2012 9:40:31 AM

5. Eddie Murphy is versatile? I see what you are doing here.

Posted by: anon | Jan 16, 2012 9:42:58 AM

6. Ricky gervais is NOT homophobic. I you dont like his comedy then fine, but find a more convincing argument than that. I think some of you have no sense of humour whatsoever on the subject of sexuality.

Posted by: rovex | Jan 16, 2012 10:06:46 AM

7. I like Ricky and Jodie, but thought that joke was a little cold since, both her children were right there. But, I guess it could have been worse.

Posted by: Thomas | Jan 16, 2012 2:23:01 PM

8. You make a movie called "The Beaver" starring Mel Gibson....you open yourself up to some wisecracks. I love Ricky Gervais. He is NOT homophobic and is the opposite of an idiot.... you idiots.

Posted by: nope | Jan 16, 2012 3:03:58 PM

9. First of all, the joke was an excellent double-entendre, and it was making a joke not only about her sexuality but about the lack of distribution her film received. The best part about good wordplay is that you can make a joke that's funny for three camps: the two opposing parties that understand the different jokes, and the third (and biggest) party that gets both. Her kids probably didn't get the joke, and if they did, who cares? It's not like they don't know she's a lesbian, and her sexuality shouldn't be any more protected than anyone other public figure's.

Posted by: Phil | Jan 17, 2012 6:22:04 AM