Jedward | News | The Hunger Games | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #1043

BRAILLE BURGERS: The Wimpy hamburger chain's small but touching gesture for the blind.

DIGITAL RUG: A rug that changes pattern when you walk on it.

JEDWARD: The former X-Factor contestants celebrated getting 500,000 followers by creating a 'Sexy and I Know It' video.

THE HUNGER GAMES: A low budget parody of the trailer.

NOTE TO READERS: We're trying something a bit different in these posts, incorporating the featured videos into a single embedded player. To play the videos, hit the box navigation at the bottom of the main window.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. I just get a message saying "This video is private."

Posted by: Brian | Jan 16, 2012 4:38:15 PM

2. i think 'choose your own adventure' format is better.

Posted by: carlos | Jan 16, 2012 4:40:16 PM

3. I hunger for all things Hunger Games related - even crappy parody knock-offs - but it's private... Damn!

Posted by: Erich | Jan 16, 2012 4:44:40 PM

4. Great concept, but it's not working. Back to the beta test version.

Posted by: johnny | Jan 16, 2012 4:59:48 PM

5. Yikes. Not good. At least in this failed iteration.

Posted by: Erik Anderson | Jan 16, 2012 5:13:32 PM

6. Only the Scott Norton video is marked private and is inaccessible. The rest play fine.

Posted by: RJ | Jan 16, 2012 5:14:45 PM

7. The awkward moment when you realize your twin has better abs than you.

But yeah, I think the other format works best

Posted by: alco | Jan 16, 2012 5:16:43 PM

8. I don't think the new format is going to work for those of us on iPhones. It only shows me the first video, and when I click play it says "private." There is no box to select the other videos.

Posted by: Ryan | Jan 16, 2012 5:17:38 PM

9. the scott norton video is marked private at the source. maybe lumping all the videos together isn't such a great idea??

Posted by: bandanajack | Jan 16, 2012 5:22:53 PM

10. On the computer the new video format is EXCELLENT! Doesn't work on my iPad or iPhone tho... (get it there and you've got a winner!)

And the Pro Bowler has taken his video private. Perhaps if you've seen it you can describe or quote what he says?

Posted by: OS2Guy | Jan 16, 2012 5:34:25 PM

11. one thing I find annoying on this site (and I love this site) is that ALL links in the compilation section are loaded onto the same page/tab/window.... I wish that the links would go to another window, so that we did not have to back-button the entire time..

this is specially annoying when using a (free) slow wifi connection, such as the one I am using while traveling... and a quick code fixing... (target blank)

Posted by: V-8 | Jan 16, 2012 5:37:58 PM

12. On my iPad, using Safari, I just saw the first one about braille burgers.. If it did work though, and all I wanted to view was the last video, I'd have to sit through all until the one I wanted to view came in.

I'd go back to separate files.

Posted by: Pete | Jan 16, 2012 5:50:37 PM

13. Worked fine for me... and I gotta say, that Wimpy Burger commercial just melted my heart. Dismantling ableism never looked so appetizing!

Posted by: Jesus | Jan 16, 2012 5:55:35 PM

14. Really, Jedward? A song that repeats the phrase "I work out" probably isn't the best choice for two children who've never seen the inside of a gym. I've seen twigs that are bigger than their arms.

Posted by: endo | Jan 16, 2012 5:57:25 PM

15. If the change is something you have to do, I can live with it. If you are taking feedback, I liked it a lot better the old way. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Posted by: Cal | Jan 16, 2012 6:08:06 PM

16. worked okay for me, but i would rather see the options at the bottom before i watch the first one; often i don't want to watch them all because i'm not interested in some or have already seen them.

the Braille hamburger was cool, but couldn't they burn themselves?

Posted by: mike/ | Jan 16, 2012 6:14:26 PM

17. The new format is rather unintuitive, but it works (on a PC with Firefox). You first have to discover that the nondescript rectangular icon is the navigation tool for selecting videos.

I hope it's a technical improvement for some reason or a benefit to users on certain platforms.

Posted by: Randy | Jan 16, 2012 6:18:15 PM

18. Had no problem at all using Chrome browser on Windows platform laptop. You can pop up the window and see the playlist of videos and choose whichever you'd like instead of having to watch them all, OR start at the first and they will play forward through to the end of the list. iPhone still iSucks for playing video that isn't quicktime code enabled or sent to youtube app. Not their best move.

Posted by: ESA | Jan 16, 2012 6:25:19 PM

19. Note: If your oven is to be used in a commercial... clean it. You should probably clean it anyway, but especially in that circumstance.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jan 16, 2012 6:25:29 PM

20. Thumbs down on the new video format.

Posted by: Brian | Jan 16, 2012 6:38:41 PM

21. Please go back to the old way of doing this feature!!

Posted by: Tom | Jan 16, 2012 6:43:15 PM

22. Sadly ironic that the Wimpy advertorial had no VoiceOver.

Please include the links to the specific videos in your text descriptions: more user-friendly that way anyway.

Posted by: David R. | Jan 16, 2012 6:47:41 PM

23. keep old format please

Posted by: Reality | Jan 16, 2012 6:53:13 PM

24. Old format please. WHy should I wade through videos I'm not interested in?

Posted by: thitherflit | Jan 16, 2012 7:10:47 PM

25. Oh-- and if I want to send a friend to see one of these clips, I'm supposed to make *him* wade through everything too? It's not going to happen.

Posted by: thitherflit | Jan 16, 2012 7:17:38 PM