News | Zimbabwe

BigGayDeal.com

Australian Tourist Survives Every Bungee Jumper's Nightmare: VIDEO

Bungeesnap

A thrill-seeking Australian survived after her cord snapped while bungee jumping from the 111-meter Victoria Falls bridge over the Zambesi River in Zimbabwe on New Year's Eve.

Watch two clips, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via business insider)

Comments

1. I hope that there is always someone with CPR/First Aid training at the water level who can help in case of an emergency like this, otherwise, the person is screwed if the cord breaks, because everyone is much too far away to be any help whatsoever in a rescue attempt. This company should be closed and sued for the ordeal she had to go through. Yes, I think this is a dangerous, stupid, thrill-seeking sport, but it's the company's job to ensure every possible safety measure is in place, just in case. Scary.

Posted by: graphicjack | Jan 9, 2012 3:15:06 PM

2. What kind of idiot do you have to be to go bungee jumping in Zimbabwe?

Posted by: Scott | Jan 9, 2012 3:24:58 PM

3. Just to correct your headline, Andy -- I believe that this is, more accurately, the nightmare of every person who has REFUSED to go bungee jumping. :-)

Posted by: buster | Jan 9, 2012 3:47:03 PM

4. +1 to BUSTER

Posted by: Derek in Madison | Jan 9, 2012 3:56:41 PM

5. Bungee Jumping is for the person with suicidal tendencies and comittment issues.

Posted by: Rev. Joseph Shore-Goss | Jan 9, 2012 4:00:09 PM

6. I hate you tube sometimes

... beep ... beep ... beeeeeeeeeep ... beep ... beep ... beeeeeeep ...

sheesh!

Posted by: fritzrth | Jan 9, 2012 4:45:23 PM

7. If this is a "miracle", I'll pass thanks.

Posted by: Randy | Jan 9, 2012 5:42:14 PM

8. "The bungee has proven to be a very viable operation considering that more than 50,000 tourists jump on it every year. It has been in operation for 10 years.
    This is the first time I am hearing of an incident. The probability of an incident is one in 500,000 jumps," Information Minister Given Lubinda was quoted as saying"
    It doesn't sound something random and should not be associated with "probability".
    It means that bungee cord was ten years old and was not routinely checked for any wear and tear.

Posted by: simon | Jan 9, 2012 5:53:56 PM

9. Well, that isn't supposed to happen. However, compared to risks of being in a traffic accident on a tour bus, bungee jumping is fairly safe.

Posted by: anon | Jan 9, 2012 7:39:41 PM

10. My argument against bungee jumping:

Why tempt fate?

There are so many other amazing things to do in this world. Adrenaline isn't what gives me a sense of purpose in my life.

Posted by: johnny | Jan 10, 2012 8:39:03 AM

11. oh. my. god. becky. never doing this!!!

Posted by: Lucas | Jan 10, 2012 10:59:04 AM