Comments

1. Robert says

I prefer Lollapalooza. It’s way hotter, but the crowd’s only 20% annoying assholes, whereas Cochella last year was 70% annoying assholes.

2. Paul R says

Wow. I’ve never wanted to attend Coachella less.

It will never come close to Peter Murphy doing Bela Lugosi’s Dead upside down. And that was ages ago. Why don’t they get Bongwater, Suede UK, or tons of other groups to reunite? (Yes, I know they tried the Smiths, but that was never going to happen.)

3. peterparker says

@PAUL R: Suede UK (also known as ‘The London Suede’ or simply ‘Suede’) played Coachella last year.

4. Henry Holland says

Radiohead again? Boring lineup, there doesn’t even seem to be anyone really compelling on the smaller stages. As least it doesn’t have a classic rocker headlining one of the nights.

Plus, I know they can so they do, but I hate the idea that you have to buy tickets first, which sell out almost immediately, before they announce the lineups.

5. Paul R says

@PeterParker: for the record, they can’t go by just Suede. A lesbian folksinger (I think from Virginia?) sued them for them about 20 years ago about the name, right around when I groped Brett when he pretended he was bi. A couple months within singing a duet with Foetus and dancing with the Housemartins. Boy those were some busy months.

6. endo says

If you think that’s a boring lineup, then you know little about music or you still listen to fossils like Bauhaus (sorry, Paul). The annual cries of “worst lineup ever, dude” are as inevitable as screaming drunk chicks in the Sahara tent.

I’d go solely for Florence + the Machine, who released the best album of 2011 and has announced no other U.S. dates this year. But the lineup is rich in amazing and diverse artists from M83 to The Shins. And when there’s not a good band playing on the main stages, the DJ lineup this year looks phenomenal.