David Furnish | Elton John | Madonna | News

BigGayDeal.com

Elton John's Husband David Furnish Rips Madonna for Globes Win

Furnish

David Furnish was not happy about Madonna's Golden Globes win for Best Song, writing on Facebook, "Madonna. Best song???? F**k off!!!...Madonna winning Best Original Song truly shows how these awards have nothing to do with merit. Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in it's narcissism. And her critisism of Gaga shows how desperate she really is."

Carson_ejEarlier, on the red carpet, Elton had given an interview to Carson Daly in which he proclaimed, “Madonna hasn’t got a f**king chance."

Carson Daly responded "Those are fighting words."

Answered Elton: "They're accurate words."

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Whats her problem with Madge?!

Posted by: JWL | Jan 16, 2012 10:26:21 AM

2. Post Golden Globes drunk tweeting?

Posted by: JeffNYC | Jan 16, 2012 10:26:32 AM

3. and who really gives a damn about the musical opinion of someone who is only married to a musician? What exactly has Furnish done for the world of music that could be a bigger contribution than Madonna? I can't imagine.

Posted by: JWL | Jan 16, 2012 10:27:51 AM

4. AND who the hell follows David Furnish on twitter?

Posted by: JWL | Jan 16, 2012 10:28:45 AM

5. Awe I kind of wish Madonna and Elton would end this feud already. It's not like they have nothing in common. I noticed she kept talking when the music came on, but that's Madonna lol.

Posted by: MKe | Jan 16, 2012 10:33:56 AM

6. david furnish is calling madonna desperate when his own husband performed for rush limbaugh???

Posted by: Joe | Jan 16, 2012 10:37:10 AM

7. Elton John's long running jealousy of Madonna is what is truly embarrassing. For such an accomplished man to continually attack and criticize another accomplished artist (unprovoked, for no good reason), just reveals the depths of his own insecurity. Sad.

Posted by: Todd | Jan 16, 2012 10:37:34 AM

8. "Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in it's narcissism".

His writing is embarrassing in its use of the improper possessive "it's", if you want to go there.

Posted by: Mark | Jan 16, 2012 10:38:31 AM

9. I like the song she wrote for W.E. - BUT, I will agree that her speech was a little narcissistic. I lost count of how many times she say "I" or "my movie" - and her whole thing about how she just didn'thave time to write a song and then BAM, she had time. She is a little into herself (but she is an "artist" and I think they all are a little into themselves) but man I still love her!

Posted by: CJ | Jan 16, 2012 10:40:03 AM

10. Classy...

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Jan 16, 2012 10:41:54 AM

11. Madonna, a little into herself? No! Surely you jest. There would be no Madonna if she wasn't 100% into herself.

Posted by: Mark | Jan 16, 2012 10:44:28 AM

12. As much as I love Gaga and Madonna both I happened to agree w Madge's criticism of the SONG "Born This Way" as compared to "Express Yourself". I think she was spot-on by describing it as "reductive".

Posted by: AJ | Jan 16, 2012 10:55:14 AM

13. Why is it so hard for artists to let go of their spotlight? Madonna is on the tail end of her career in relation to popularity. It's an ageist business. Will she continue to promote "Madonna"? Of course she wiill be she doesnt need the $$$. Her comment on Graham Norton Sat night on why she was going back on tour was beyond laughable. She said she needed to pay the bills and she wasnt making a joke. Gaga will be around for many years and one song that resembles a Madonna song doesnt makje her any less talented. I could she if BTW was her only hit so far....

Posted by: Tagg63 | Jan 16, 2012 11:05:47 AM

14. Ha!! I guess Elton had to eat those words, huh? What a terrible couple of a**holes. Haven't these guys learned that when you open your mouth to spew out negative things, those things will only come back to you? I'm afraid the "embarrassment" lies only with these two sour pusses. Congrats to the true icon and winner, Madonna.

Posted by: Wendell | Jan 16, 2012 11:06:19 AM

15. What a sore loser, even if he is just the spouse.

Posted by: LiamB | Jan 16, 2012 11:14:44 AM

16. She had a song up for something? I have to admit, I don't waste my life with these award shows, they're ALL a bit narcissistic.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jan 16, 2012 11:20:37 AM

17. Absolutely none of those people have any class whatsoever. It would be a chore to be friends with any of them. They all have talent, granted, but none of them are gracious about it. I'd take Lady Gaga over them any day.

Posted by: Michael W. | Jan 16, 2012 11:21:24 AM

18. Elton: David, can you give a go, I can't be seen acting like a puss.

David: Sure, sweetie.

Posted by: anon | Jan 16, 2012 11:24:04 AM

19. So sad to see two musical performers I very much admired in my youth turn into such flaming assholes.

Posted by: Alexander | Jan 16, 2012 11:26:55 AM

20. David Furnish knows which side his bread is buttered on.

Posted by: everybody's an art critic | Jan 16, 2012 11:35:17 AM

21. bitter party of two!

Posted by: larry | Jan 16, 2012 11:37:50 AM

22. thanks to george clooney for his support of marriage equality, and to madonna for her keeping her head to squarely of her ass.

Posted by: h | Jan 16, 2012 11:38:54 AM

23. Elton John is still making music? I guess I should browse my Grandma's 78s more often. Maybe he's just changing the words to Candle in the Wind again.

Posted by: DJSauvage | Jan 16, 2012 11:48:27 AM

24. Did you notice how Madonna used homophobic slurs to describe Ricky Gervais and Elton? Go away, silly girl.

Posted by: jason | Jan 16, 2012 11:56:29 AM

25. EAT IT EVIL QUEEN ELTON.

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Jan 16, 2012 11:57:01 AM