Advertising | Film | New York | News

Flying People Spotted in NYC: VIDEO

Flyingpeople

Those of you who thought you saw people flying around New York City recently don't need to get your eyes checked. A viral campaign for the movie Chronicle (and reliant on bloggers and social media users to write about it) employed RC vehicles designed to look like people in various spots around Manhattan - and somehow didn't get shot down by anti-terrorism enforcement.

Check out the clip of how it was done, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. chronicle comes out this friday

I'm looking foreword to it for a bit of brain dead fun (AKIRA rip off)

Posted by: say what | Jan 30, 2012 12:24:42 PM

2. Hey Andy! Longtime reader here. Have you noticed the amount of time it takes a "...continue to read" page takes to load? I find that whenever there's a jump with an embedded video, it takes quite a long time to load and re-loads the page typically three times each click. If I too quickly click on a youtube video to play, it'll only refresh and start over again.

Is this on your web programmers' radar by chance?

Thanks again for all the fantastic work you!

Posted by: Jason | Jan 30, 2012 12:28:56 PM

3. I wonder if anyone who saw these thought it was the Rapture...

Posted by: Brian | Jan 30, 2012 12:33:28 PM

4. I remember a time when I was quite young that I would have dreams of being able to do that, jump into the sky and soar. I miss those days.

Posted by: Scott Lumry | Jan 30, 2012 12:42:19 PM

5. oh and

CHRONICLE imdb trailer

Posted by: say what | Jan 30, 2012 12:58:18 PM

6. Very poor taste.

Posted by: cranky1 | Jan 30, 2012 1:18:29 PM

7. @Jason, I was just noticing the same thing. Once all the adds load, the video starts over and the page jumps up.

Posted by: Mick | Jan 30, 2012 2:58:45 PM

8. Jason: I wouldn't expect much. This site is poorly designed because it assumes that everyone has a high-speed Internet connection. (Not everyone does; particularly those of us that travel and must rely on crappy hotel Internet.) I tried using the "Contact" page to bring up this issue with the Towleroad folks. Since I am a programmer, I even offered some suggestions for speeding up page loads. No one bothered to respond to my inquiry.

Posted by: alex | Jan 30, 2012 5:12:51 PM