Madonna | News

BigGayDeal.com

Madonna Asked About Beating Elton John for the Golden Globe: VIDEO

Gg_madonna

Madonna, winner of Best Song at the Golden Globes for "Masterpiece" from the W.E. soundtrack, was asked many questions when she got backstage after winning her Golden Globe.

Elton_madonnaDo you still use Pilates to stay in shape? Who's the first person you're going to call? What is something you never travel without? Who is your style icon and what item in your closet can you not live without? Why is this one of the most creative times in your career? What inspires you?

The new album and the Super Bowl?

Well I did a good majority of the record with Martin Solveig, who is a DJ/producer. I love his sound, it’s really fresh. It doesn’t sound like anybody else’s. He’s brilliantly talented. Happy, I would say his music is happy. It puts a smile on your face and I hope my record does that too. I collaborated again with William Orbit who tends to make me more introspective and a bit… I don’t know… His songs tend to be… I don’t want to say dark, but more thoughtful and introspective. It’s a good combination of the light and the dark. Oh yes, lots of dancing, cheerleading, football players… you name it!"

How does it feel to beat Elton John (whose sour face upon the announcement of the winner was the topic of much conversation online)?

"I hope he speaks to me for the next couple of years. He's known to get mad at me...He's brillant and I adore him, so, he'll win another award. I don't feel bad."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I know we have a ton of Madge haters around this site but I adore her. Thank you for posting this. Her music and performances where the only thing available to me as a young out gay teen back in Stuttgart, AR in the early 90's. Glad she is still thriving.

Posted by: Michael J. Hildebrand | Jan 16, 2012 10:29:30 AM

2. Well I was an out gay teen in Hot Springs, AR in the 80's, so I know what your talking about. I have quite sensibly moved on sense then :-)

Posted by: JWL | Jan 16, 2012 10:30:59 AM

3. oh, and I love Madge too. F*ck David Furnish and his opinions.

Posted by: JWL | Jan 16, 2012 10:31:48 AM

4. Sorry David... kinda sounds like sour grapes. Get over yourself!

Posted by: Mark | Jan 16, 2012 10:49:47 AM

5. Classy response M. Congratulations on your win.

Posted by: Safadinho | Jan 16, 2012 11:03:53 AM

6. Madonna is a fake gay advocate. She used dumb gay men to make money. She exploited the bisexual double standard in order to get preferential treatment.

Posted by: jason | Jan 16, 2012 12:00:18 PM

7. I doubt there is anyone between the ages of 30 and 50 who can't name at least five other songs, and she co-wrote most all of them. She really should get more credit as a songwriter of considerable talent. And this was quite the classy response to someone who does a bitchy press conference to get attention every time she releases something even though he hasn't written anything interesting in 20 years. I love his old music, but someone needs to change Grandma Elton's hormone replacement patch.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Jan 16, 2012 5:10:44 PM

8. That should read five OF HER songs. Damn autocorrect.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Jan 16, 2012 5:11:41 PM

9. Neither of them is known for being all that classy, but at least in this case, Madonna came out with the classier statement. Good for her.

Posted by: luminum | Jan 16, 2012 11:46:27 PM

10. Its all much ado about nothing.

Posted by: jack | Jan 19, 2012 11:31:04 PM