Ellen DeGeneres | Mario Lopez | News | Underwear

Mario Lopez Strips to His Underwear for 'Ellen': VIDEO

Lopez

Mario Lopez has a new line of underwear coming out. Ellen gets straight to the point.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I spent all day wondering what I could do to lift me out of a semi-funk mood; then I read all of these comments and I am cracking up all over! Thanks!

Posted by: TyInTenn | Jan 25, 2012 9:37:25 PM

2. whats with all this weird lesbian talk? lol I don't know many lesbians closely, but the ones I have met were always older and really sweet and rather protective of me.

I'm not able to watch Ellen always, but I will, though my only complaint is that she's too goofy at times, but she's a great, compassionate women.

Not to get into any spats- but perhaps the posters spouting off about how "lesbians hate gay men," and "gay men should stick only to themselves" have their own agenda? We'll never achieve equality- nor will we ever appear as anything but sex-craved, disease-ridden, catty people to the rest of the world if we don't stick together and show that we live our lives like everyone else- some with a little more sparkle, some with less.

Perhaps those posters who want gay male exclusivity actually have some kind of weird, self-hating desire for equality and rights to be backtracked... because that's whats gonna happen when we all split apart.

Posted by: scott | Jan 25, 2012 9:49:49 PM

3. Enough already Mario with the attention whore syndrome

Posted by: JEFFUWS | Jan 25, 2012 10:16:50 PM

4. @ KAS: good to know that your social world is the model for everyone.

Posted by: David R. | Jan 26, 2012 1:11:34 AM

5. I click you this article to see if anyone feels the same about Mario as I do. I'm just not into him, I WOULD kick him out of bed.

Posted by: Billy | Jan 26, 2012 9:20:29 AM

6. that was SO STAGED! You know he padded!

Posted by: michael | Jan 26, 2012 9:26:14 AM

7. @TJ and Sara: Nice tries, but I think you both miss the mark.

The difference, Sara, with the Victoria's Secret models is that they are modeling their underwear in front of OTHER WOMEN, not men.....typically on shows hosted by women. So they are not being objectified or treated like cattle, the way they would be if the audience were all or mostly male and the show host male, who would not be the least bit interested in the underwear.

And that is the problem with your comment, TJ. You try to do an end-run by claiming that most men's underwear is bought by women (which raises all kinds of other issues, if it is true), but while you may be right when it comes to wives buying run-of-the-mill boxer shorts for their husbands, you are undoubtedly not right when it comes to the kind of underwear being "modeled" here. It is the kind of underwear that would be bought by young, single men, a very large percentage of them being gay.

And therein lies the problem. If her audience consisted of mostly gay men and she, herself, were a gay man, then there wouldn't be an issue. But her audience consists of women and she is a woman, so there is.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 26, 2012 11:22:14 AM

8. @Scott No, Scott, the key to eradicating homophobia is to change the overall male culture to one in which men are entirely free of any form of dependence on women, emotionally, socially, or sexually.....regardless of their sexual orientation.

If we achieve that, then homophobia will automatically become obsolete and there will not be any need for passing laws or having a political movement or being concerned about "equality"

We were not able to do that before because "straight" men were unwilling to change, but that is no longer the case.....they ARE changing and that is where our opportunity lies.....just as, in a lot of respects, feminism made it possible for lesbians to be accepted by and find common cause with straight women and achieve gains by doing that.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 26, 2012 11:36:43 AM

9. >Nice tries, but I think<

And RICK, therein lies your problem. You think - either too much, or not enough. It is the problem with virtually all your posts.

Posted by: TJ | Jan 26, 2012 12:12:53 PM

10. @TJ LOL--I did not know that one could "think too much." Maybe you really mean that you usually don't like the conclusions that logically result from that thought process because they often make you uncomfortable.

Look, as Michael R pointed out, this is not the first time Ellen has had one of her male guests strip for the audience; she has done so repeatedly.....so there is a pattern there.....It makes no difference that the guys are willing to do it--after all, women who are objectified by men are willing to do it, too.....as long as the price is right.

The real question is what is Ellen's motive in all this......why is a lesbian seemingly obsessed with parading half-naked men around her set?.....and if you, yes, really THINK ABOUT IT (LOL), it is hard not to draw a negative conclusion.

You might conclude that she is trying to "de-gay" her show by catering so heavily to straight women with such stunts, just the way Oprah "de-blacked" her show to appeal to a mostly white audience, but there are other ways to do that.

Whatever.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 26, 2012 12:38:33 PM

11. RickJason, thank you so much for proving us all right with your posts, day after day.

you serve as a fabulous reminder of what self-hating homosexuals who dont' get over their insecurities grow up to be. boys with no balls who are angry dad didn't love them.

here's the ricks of the world:

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jan 26, 2012 1:02:12 PM

12. The underwear line came out. Now it's time for Mario to!!!

Posted by: Hmm | Jan 26, 2012 10:14:53 PM

13. If it would have been OK had it been a gay male host and gay male audience then your issue is not with the action, but who is doing it. By definition your statement that it would be different had a different category of person did the same exact thing expresses your bias and not Ellen's.

We get it, you don't like women, Ellen, or anything that might make someone smile.

Posted by: Armando | Jan 27, 2012 7:22:06 AM

14. Folks who say that lesbians and gay men aren't in this thing together have conveniently forgotten the heroic efforts of lesbians who were often the only ones left to care for gay men during the worst days of the AIDS bloodbath. We might bicker and criticize, but we know we can count on lesbians when the chips are down.

Don't knock 'em.

Posted by: The Milkman | Jan 27, 2012 9:51:27 AM

15. I think Ellen plays to her gay male audience. Gay men love seeing other men stripped and in/out of underwear. I do not find it odd Ellen asks men to odd this. It should be encouraged!!

Posted by: JIM | Feb 6, 2012 12:17:28 PM

16. I would totally rim and nail his shi t hole till he turns into a liberal.

Posted by: James | Feb 9, 2012 12:27:07 PM

17. Mario Lopez can take clothes off anytime, anyplace. He has been doing it much longer than 15 minutes, though he doesn't exactly posses a huge depth of acting talent.

And also I have no idea where all the misogyny came from... Ellen you can come sit next to me honey, and we can tuck a buck into Mario's retirement fund

Posted by: MaddM@ | Feb 20, 2012 7:16:35 PM

18. @Sargon Bighorn - "15 minutes"? Excuse YOU, Mario has been on TV full-time for about 20 years, since "Saved By The Bell" in the early-90's-thru-mid-90's, he has never stopped working. He was also on "Kids, Incorporated" as a dancer when he was a young teen in the early/mid-80's.

@All of you who are so upset at his being a Roman Catholic Republican, do you not gain any pleasure from the fact that he waited til about 40 to marry, & before that lived together with all his male buddies, sharing his bachelor pad with them?

Posted by: Daniel | Mar 2, 2012 4:55:23 AM

19. Also, I'd like to add that over the last 20 years Mario has played a number of gay roles, most notably when he starred as Gay Olympic-Gold-Medalist Greg Louganis. I think Mario has always been gay-friendly & a friend of gays. I don't understand all the negative comments about him. Those who know nothing always have to speak first & loudest, I guess.

Posted by: Daniel | Mar 2, 2012 5:42:09 AM

20. Thank you Andy for posting, Ellen for hosting and most of all Mario for being sooooooooooo Hot. I need a cigarette now.

Posted by: jack | Mar 8, 2012 11:25:29 PM