Comments

1. LincolnLounger says

The difference between Giffords and Wasserman Schultz is remarkable — a contrast between a dedicated public servant and a naked, self-serving partisan. I’m only relieved that no one was hurt being in the way between Wasserman Schultz and the cameras when she started crying.

Fare thee well, Gabrielle Giffords.

2. matt says

I came here fully expecting to find some nugget of negativity and opps! there it is. Remarkable. You know LL, I watched the event and it never crossed my mind that politics were at play in this event, why did it in your mind? There is a time and place for your “observations” and dull insights into the world, this is not one of them.

3. bendskier says

I was just starting to think John Boehner had a soul, and it made me all teary.

l.l. reminds me soon thereafter many don’t have souls, and that is even sadder.

4. Rev. Verdon Coleman says

LL, in case you did not know, Reps. Gifford and Wasserman Schultz are best friends. Oh wait, that would require you thinking about someone other than yourself.

5. gr8guyca says

Unfortunately, her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, has decided not to run for her seat. While I understand his reasons – to help his wife in her recovery – I fear that Governor Jan Brewer will appoint some wacko to fill her seat.

It’s very moving to see the House unified in their salute to her, but sad to know that the Republicans would kill any attempt to enforce gun regulations that might have prevented her shooting.

6. says

LL, you are an ignoramus. Maybe if you bothered to spend 10 seconds googling it, you would have found out that Wasserman-Shultz is one of Gabby’s best friends and has been for a while.

7. Cyg says

Frankly, I’m damn proud to be in Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s original district, and to have campaigned for her in the early 90s in Broward County. I’m glad that she represents me, and that she has been so successful by being true to her constituents.

8. Adam says

Gabby, Thank you for embodying so nobly the spirit of bipartisanship and service to Arizona and our nation in your years in Congress. We look forward to your return and are poorer in your absence. Blessings!

9. DAVID says

GR8GUYCA is showing his ignorance because a special election has to be held to fill her seat. Mark Kelly isn’t even from Arizona so how could he run for her seat.