Music | New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

Subway's Got Talent: VIDEO

Subway

It's not all brawls and rats on the NYC subway. Sometimes folks start clanging away on instruments whether you like it or not. However, rarely are those in the car compelled to actually pay attention.

The video uploader writes: "okay- what you are about to watch is a true new york experience. what originally started out as a typical nyc subway ride (sitting across from guy who smelled like urine) turned into an awesome performance by two people who have never met before."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via reddit)

Comments

1. I (heart) NY.

Posted by: michael | Jan 5, 2012 9:26:11 AM

2. I just watched this twice. I think it's the most charming thing I've ever seen on the subway.

Posted by: John | Jan 5, 2012 9:39:34 AM

3. Very well done, and I loved that everyone clapped!

From Montreal here -- is it just me or is that one long-ass Subway ride? I don't think any of our stops are more than 2 minutes or so apart.... so you'd have to harmonize with the ding-DING-ding! and fembot announcer....

Posted by: Strepsi | Jan 5, 2012 10:01:40 AM

4. Share
    a website with you ,
    ( http://luckygrip.com )
    Believe you will love it.
    credit card and f ree s hipping.
    I bought two pairs. Cheap, good quality, you can
    go and ship with there

Posted by: chengyou | Jan 5, 2012 10:01:41 AM

5. I hope this ends up in a situation like in the Rocker movie where those two are found and get a record contract.

Hey I was OOP for a while. I hope everyone had happy and safe holidays.

Love you guys!

Posted by: Rin | Jan 5, 2012 10:03:06 AM

6. Looks like an express train uptown (A or D).. there is a pretty long stretch without stops between 59th st and 125th st.

I love when things like this happen. I once had a morning train with a classical violin student playing his hear out and another with a fiddle player playing "Never Gonna Dance Again".

That being said...the kids that "dance" with the boom boxes...they can stay home.

Posted by: hightemp | Jan 5, 2012 10:17:16 AM

7. Doesn't she usually perform at the Union Square and 6th Avenue L train stops? LOVE IT!

Posted by: Kurt | Jan 5, 2012 10:19:36 AM

8. How can you not feel like a more generous person after viewing that?

I love the impromptu MC... "Ladies & Gentlemen, Only in NYC! They don't even know each other!"

The love & pride of the moment is tangible & inspiring.

Posted by: Pete n SFO | Jan 5, 2012 10:54:47 AM

9. I'm sure if the "guy who smells like urine" sees this he'll be thrilled at his description.

Posted by: jones | Jan 5, 2012 11:08:45 AM

10. Wow. Give the girl a record contract! Plus a regular gig at some location with musical talent. She's really good!

Posted by: FunMe | Jan 5, 2012 12:14:46 PM

11. beautiful

Posted by: Eric | Jan 5, 2012 2:15:16 PM

12. Her name is Jessica Latshaw, I'm one of her FB friends.

Posted by: Grant | Jan 5, 2012 4:21:53 PM

13. Here she is singing at a cabaret http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C-BXorjFD0

Posted by: JB | Jan 5, 2012 9:54:53 PM

14. I don't miss a whole lot about NYC but moments like this and eye-f**king cute guys on the subway (like the camera man) are some of them.

Posted by: siralex | Jan 5, 2012 11:15:57 PM

15. Does anyone know what is the name of the song ?

Posted by: Olivier | Jan 6, 2012 9:11:51 PM