Girl Scouts | News | Transgender

Girl Scout Calls for Boycott of Cookies Because Organization Welcomes Transgender Kids: VIDEO

Girlscout

A 14-year-old Girl Scout named Taylor is calling for a boycott of Girl Scout Cookies because the organization welcomes transgender children, World Net Daily reports.

Says Taylor, in a YouTube video: “The real question is, why is GSUSA willing to break their own safety rules and go against its own research institute findings to accommodate transgender boys? Unfortunately, I think it is because GSUSA cares more about promoting the desires of a small handful of people than it does for my safety and the safety of my friends and sister Girl Scouts, and they are doing it with money we earned for them from Girl Scout cookies.”

The Girl Scouts of America's inclusive policy made headlines last fall when a Colorado troop refused (and later reversed) admittance to Bobby Montoya, a transgender 7-year-old.

Watch Taylor's YouTube call for a boycott, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I haven't watched the clip, just the summary. I must admit that I thought the case of the transgenderd boy was interesting though. Part of me doesn't think they should allow him in Girl Scouts. He's not a girl. Before I get slammed for saying this, let me also say I'm a 100% gay Eagle Scout who spent many a night being drug along to my sister's Girl Scout Meetings when I was a kid. (I also used to dress up as Princess Leia and I've never played with a car toy in my life. Pass the Barbies this way!) I have full respect for the transgendered community. I actually think it is unfair to the seven year old boy. It's setting him up. It is entirely possible that he may grow out of this phase.

Posted by: E | Jan 11, 2012 12:42:49 PM

2. I can't believe that bigots are still stupid enough to advertise their views on video! She looks like the child of rape by her Baptist father. Only in America, with its frigging 1st amendment.

Posted by: Doh! | Jan 11, 2012 12:45:23 PM

3. She's young and stupid. Hopefully she'll look back on this in a few years and cringe.

Posted by: bob | Jan 11, 2012 12:49:51 PM

4. Guess we know one little girl who won't be getting her "tolerance badge" anytime soon...

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Jan 11, 2012 12:50:11 PM

5. Oh, I'm sure there must be hordes of young boys eager to PRETEND to be transgendered so they can reap the rewards of easy access to all those young girls in GSUSA. It might jeopardise their reps at school and elsewhere, but OO-la-la!! This girl is definitely in the know about the hetero pre-adolescent male wickednesses.

Posted by: gregory brown | Jan 11, 2012 12:57:08 PM

6. Is she going for her Merit Badge in Hate-Mongering?!

Posted by: Wirrrn | Jan 11, 2012 12:57:50 PM

7. I hope she gets a yeast infection.

Posted by: daneilw | Jan 11, 2012 12:59:20 PM

8. This young woman sickens me. She shows her ignorance of transgender youth who identify as female. I applaud GSA for allowing this. Unlike it's counterpart, the BSA, wh discriminate against sexual orientation and Gender Identity.

Shame on this person. Hate does not belong in GSA.

Posted by: Joney | Jan 11, 2012 12:59:58 PM

9. The problem with that, E, is that you're suggesting he be denied the opportunity because of some imaginary scenario that might or might not not ever happen. That's like saying a gay teen shouldn't be allowed to take a same-sex date to school dance because he may end up dating women in some theoretical future.

I'm against performing any irreversible medical procedures or surgery on underage trans persons, just in case, but not letting them attend the Girl Scouts? The only likely permanent scars from that are memories of being forced to wear that shade of green that flatters no one!

Posted by: Caliban | Jan 11, 2012 1:00:38 PM

10. This is no different than having your little kid go tell Michelle Bachman off at a book signing... stop hiding your HATE behind your kids!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jan 11, 2012 1:02:09 PM

11. Thank you for this very important information. I am outraged to hear something like this is happening and will therefor start buying hundreds of boxes of girl scout cookies.

btw you belong in the kitchen with the rest of the conservative, closed minded, back water folks that you support. A lesbian poses more of a threat to the girls than a transgendered person.

-Gay couple with transgendered friends

Posted by: Paul | Jan 11, 2012 1:05:57 PM

12. I also signed on and gave her a some choice comments on your Youtube page

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jan 11, 2012 1:07:54 PM

13. May I buy 20 boxes of cookies please?
    Make the 40 boxes.

Posted by: Daniel | Jan 11, 2012 1:26:42 PM

14. She's 14 going on 24. Transgendered boys are the least of her worries.

Posted by: Timzilla | Jan 11, 2012 1:33:23 PM

15. The person behind this so-called organization is Jane Petry, who at 67 years old is a lifetime member of the Girl Scouts, although now she admits that she's "ashamed" of that fact. It all stems from her personal beliefs in regards to Planned Parenthood, abortion, and homosexuality. She even targets actress and GSA speaker Marlee Matlin because of her "homosexual activism and promoting a show that promotes lesbianism" (The L Word). I mean check out her website www.HonestGirlScouts.com and be amazed at the bigotry.

I feel sad for the little girl/actress in the video who is obviously just mimicking the hate that's been fed to her. Sad.

Posted by: brent | Jan 11, 2012 1:41:13 PM

16. Again- who knows how they conned this little girl into doing this video, so direct your anger towards the awful woman behind this, and for using a Girl Scout like this is shameful. Jane Petry- you should put your own face of hatred up on the video, not exploit a little girl.

I flagged the video on YouTube as offensive.

Posted by: brent | Jan 11, 2012 1:46:43 PM

17. Such a little prodigy she is, to come up with this pitch all by herself.

Posted by: Barry C. | Jan 11, 2012 1:51:23 PM

18. OMFG!!!! "COMMENTS FOR THIS VIDEO HAVE BEEN DISABLED"!!!!! DISMISSED!!! Seriously, if you REALLY feel a certain way they you DON'T disable OTHER people from countering your alleged point, you WELCOME them so that you can attempt to convince them of YOURS!!!! I blame the parents for her ignorance and hate, I don't see anyone who is taught the values of the GSUSA being this hateful and venomous on their own! I pity her stupidity but she's still a kid, I hope she is exposed to the LGBTQIA community so that she can be educated and alot less ignorant. They aren't going to boycott GSC's because the GSUSA are NOT in the habit of supporting discriminative attitudes which is WHY TBoys are in the Scouts!

Posted by: Nemesis Nexus | Jan 11, 2012 1:54:41 PM

19. I wasn't planning on buying girl scout cookies this year. Now I will. Thank you Girl Scout Taylor.

Posted by: halfdime | Jan 11, 2012 2:08:23 PM

20. Consider flagging the video as hate speech.

Posted by: halfdime | Jan 11, 2012 2:16:09 PM

21. OMG! When did the Girl Scouts become the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival?

Posted by: Kevin | Jan 11, 2012 2:23:16 PM

22. Yay, go girl scouts! Life is way too short for constant negativity. Why not just embrace life and have some fun with it rather than this constant misguided judging and condemning...someone needs to have a serious "wake up and smell the coffee" and "just be a kid" type of discussion with young Taylor, before she ends up being yet another adult with a chip on her shoulder about pretty much everything in life.

Posted by: Christina Clowes | Jan 11, 2012 2:36:06 PM

23. Will be buying more Girl Scout cookies this year than before, love me the Thin Minst and thsoe shortbread thingies.

Also, she seesm very well developed physically for 14, with very clear skin ( granted pancake could account for that ) I wonder if she is indeed that young, perhaps just a late teen early 20 something bigot masquerading as an "innocent" 14 year old girl.

Posted by: NwYrkr | Jan 11, 2012 2:38:35 PM

24. I am not sure how she would be indanger for speaking what she feels is right. I will tell you all right now a 14 yr Old's do have minds of their own, but her parents have a part in what her belifs may lie.
    My daughter is 14 and I would have a massive problem with a boy in her troop! A transgendered person still have the antomoy of whatever sex they are. I myself would not like sharing a shower room with a transgendered male. To me and especially to my 14 year old it is still a boy. I wonder why people need to change their genders you are born to be male or female. I don't understand.

Posted by: classychazy | Jan 11, 2012 2:54:14 PM

25. I've signed up up for 5 boxes from transgendered Girl Scouts. She's On The Rag and cannot go door-to-door.

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Jan 11, 2012 2:55:02 PM