Girl Scouts | News | Transgender

Girl Scout Calls for Boycott of Cookies Because Organization Welcomes Transgender Kids: VIDEO

Girlscout

A 14-year-old Girl Scout named Taylor is calling for a boycott of Girl Scout Cookies because the organization welcomes transgender children, World Net Daily reports.

Says Taylor, in a YouTube video: “The real question is, why is GSUSA willing to break their own safety rules and go against its own research institute findings to accommodate transgender boys? Unfortunately, I think it is because GSUSA cares more about promoting the desires of a small handful of people than it does for my safety and the safety of my friends and sister Girl Scouts, and they are doing it with money we earned for them from Girl Scout cookies.”

The Girl Scouts of America's inclusive policy made headlines last fall when a Colorado troop refused (and later reversed) admittance to Bobby Montoya, a transgender 7-year-old.

Watch Taylor's YouTube call for a boycott, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. How the hell is her's or anyone's safety compromised??? This just makes NO sense at all. Unfortunately, this poor child has parents who are total bigots. A transgender DOES NOT CHOOSE TO BE A GIRL! sHE IS A GIRL in the wrong body!

Posted by: Eileen Espinosa | Jan 11, 2012 3:13:21 PM

2. omg TRANSPHOBIC much ffs you are evil. These are children. trans children are children. Stop being an evil troll. This vlog makes you look very very very dumb. Idiot

Posted by: Indi X Edwards Roughsedge | Jan 11, 2012 3:24:47 PM

3. such a horrible child you have turned out to be huh ! can't help but notice the cross you are wearing , might you be religious ? could this explain your hate ? or are you just so horrible that you can't accept the fact the world doesn't revolve around you ? .

try growing up and doing some research before judging .

Posted by: Transexual GIRL | Jan 11, 2012 3:25:15 PM

4. If anyone cant see that this is a blinding example of transphobia gone mad your
    're just plain stupid.

Posted by: Indi X Edwards Roughsedge | Jan 11, 2012 3:27:45 PM

5. None of her arguments give a legitimate reason why transgendered people shouldn't be allowed in the troops. Just a bunch of fluff to disguise the fact that she's a close-minded little brat.

Posted by: PM | Jan 11, 2012 3:28:16 PM

6. you're just vile

Posted by: Indi X Edwards Roughsedge | Jan 11, 2012 3:28:26 PM

7. I agree on the transgendered boy not being allowed in girl scouts, ONLY because it will undoubtedly set him up for more hardship and other isssues than ever and he should not have to deal with them at this age .This showing of bigotry and outright crap makes me glad that my girls are out of scouts .My oldest earned both Silver & Gold Awards( Gold =Eagle in boy scouts) and my youngest earned her Bronze before moving on to horses. All of their leaders over the years were wonderful women ,who embraced what each girl was , be it dainty & girly ,tomboy or somewhere in between!! You can bet I will be buying more cookies this year and donating them to the soldiers .For an organization that grew out of socail prejeduice against women and the outdoors and sports ,since young "ladies " in the early 1900's were not encouraged to pursue such activities, I find it quite ironic that they would allow this sort of prejudice to take place .I'm sure her parents are proud of her for standing up for her beliefs, many parentrs would be , however I know a lot of parents , myself included ,who would NOT be proud of the hateful message

Posted by: Amethystangel | Jan 11, 2012 3:39:44 PM

8. Gee, a h8er at the ripe old age of 14! Wonder where she learned that behavior??

Posted by: Ed | Jan 11, 2012 3:39:46 PM

9. This chick is gonna be one of those moms... Ignorant to the the views outside of her beliefs and doing what they can to stay that way...

Wouldn't be surprised if she bullied transgender kids either...

Posted by: Murphy | Jan 11, 2012 3:40:53 PM

10. Thank you to the Girl Guides for including Trans-women...Looks like I will have to buy a few extra boxes of cookies this year even though my waist line doesn't need it!!!

Posted by: Paul | Jan 11, 2012 3:42:02 PM

11. As long as this girl is a member of the Girl Scouts, my daughter will not be. And I suggest that until she is kicked of GSA that other parents pull their daughters out too. I do not want my child associated in any way, shape or form with someone like this.

Posted by: John | Jan 11, 2012 3:43:54 PM

12. I have to say that I dont agree with GS program. My daughter has gone thru it..recieved her Gold award that is equal to the Eagle award but not regarded the same in social networks. She worked so hard to be clumped together with other girls..but now a boy who thinks he is a girl...can be a gs...children are deceptive creatures...who to say a boy faking his belief goes to create a problem...Who will protect our girls...Being different costs..like this girl..I am sure she is paying a price for her different belief than all that commented. Are they willing be different and paying the price...Be careful to judge someone action..you may be the one confused...

Posted by: Kathleen | Jan 11, 2012 3:45:22 PM

13. you are REALLY stupid.

Posted by: Chase | Jan 11, 2012 3:55:10 PM

14. @INDI I am not bias of anyone. However I chose not use a male shower room, because I am not a MALE! Nor will I ever be. I do not understand transgendered people so that makes me a moron. I think not it makes me a human being. There are many things in this world I do not understand.
    I completely understand why someone can be LGB, but the T is what I do not get. I teach my children to never make fun of or question someone else's sexuality. Yet how can you NOT question a person who can not feel right in their own bodies? They are confussed about what they are! I do not care how many horomones you take, make you put on, or breast augmentation you have done there is still a penis in your pants and that makes you a man.

Posted by: classychazy | Jan 11, 2012 3:58:16 PM

15. I would like this girl to take a look at who she is on the inside then think about how it would feel to have what you want taken away for what is inside. How do you think that feels? On top of that, how can you look at a 7 year old and crush their dreams in such a monotone boring voice?

Posted by: AllyRuth | Jan 11, 2012 4:05:25 PM

16. I would just like to clarify... not all older Girl Scouts are like this. I, and my GS friends, are 14 and 15 and we are all appalled by this. I just want everyone to know that there is only a handful of girl scouts who act like this, and we try and stay away from them. That is all. Thank you all for defending the LGBTQ community!

Posted by: Sheridon C | Jan 11, 2012 4:07:02 PM

17. This young girl really needs to get her facts straight. Transgender boys would go into the Boy Scouts, not the Girl Scouts. Transgender girls go into the Girl Scouts.

Posted by: Nadine | Jan 11, 2012 4:08:00 PM

18. I love that she disallowed comment on YouTube. She wants to speak out but doesn't want to hear anyone else's opinion. I'm glad she's done this because I'll buy twice as many cookies as I'd planned.

Posted by: SCollingsworth | Jan 11, 2012 4:16:21 PM

19. It just goes to show that you're never too young to have an idiotic opinion.

Posted by: Marcus | Jan 11, 2012 4:20:19 PM

20. A bigoted child, spreading hate, is way more dangerous than a transgendered one.

Posted by: Julie | Jan 11, 2012 4:21:57 PM

21. I don't wish this girl ill will, but I do wish her an education.

Posted by: Nicole | Jan 11, 2012 4:28:04 PM

22. As wrong as her position is, remember that she's only 14 years old. I highly doubt that she is well-informed on the issue and is likely more of a proxy for her own parents' beliefs. I think she's way more ignorant than a bigot.

Posted by: Garrett | Jan 11, 2012 4:31:20 PM

23. As a ex-Girl Scout, I'm ashamed of her. I loved being in Scouts. I wonder what her response would be to someone like me, female-bodied, but male identifying?

Posted by: Charles | Jan 11, 2012 4:38:10 PM

24. This is the most Genius and insidious girlscout cookie marketing campaign since they started burning their own headquarters down.

Posted by: Fearless Dave | Jan 11, 2012 4:40:30 PM

25. Maybe she thinks that MTF kids who identify as girls, want to live as girls and want everyone else to believe they are girls, are secretly infiltrating the ranks of the girl scouts to corrupt the real girls into thinking they are also girls. (???)

I wonder what she'll think in a few years when she takes a biology class and discovers that there are other sexes, too, like people with extra chromosomes (XYY, XXY, etc) or people with CAIS, and that maybe some of the "girls" she's known her whole life have been Not Girls all along.

Posted by: calenlass | Jan 11, 2012 4:41:24 PM