News | Relationships

MTV's 'True Life' to Feature Gay 'Self-Proclaimed Chubby Chaser': VIDEO

Truelife

On Top reports on an upcoming episode of MTV's True Life:

On the January 11 episode, subtitled I'm a Chubby Chaser, viewers meet Justin, whose motto seems to be “the bigger, the better.”

“In the gay community bears are big guys with goatees and body hair,” Justin explains in a trailer for the episode. “When I'm with a bear I feel safe because of his size. I like feeling dwarfed by this individual – a protector almost.”

Justin says at first he dismissed his feelings for larger men as something “not normal.”

“In the gay community there's so much accepting of a lot of different lifestyles and that to me felt really great, because I fit in,” he says.

Check out a preview for the show, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I feel safe... yeh, until he rolls over on you.

Posted by: endo | Jan 9, 2012 12:55:13 PM

2. Gotta love the internal bullying within the gay "community", huh Endo?

Posted by: jeffreychrist | Jan 9, 2012 1:22:13 PM

3. Accepting+gay community = oxymoron

Posted by: Jason | Jan 9, 2012 2:02:40 PM

4. The ONLY generalization that can be made about gay people is they have an attraction to the same sex. That's IT! Outside of that, there is just as much variation amongst us as any other population on the planet. IF we are to gain the acceptance we want in the societies we live in, we all need to rise above the easy/common compulsion to judge and allow people the leeway to express whatever attraction they might have.

Posted by: princely54 | Jan 9, 2012 2:04:53 PM

5. Well said, princely54!

Posted by: Confused | Jan 9, 2012 2:11:17 PM

6. I can't wait for this episode. For all the vitriol coming from the queens on this site this episode has the potential to help someone that is probably not only struggling with their sexuality but also with their attraction to the unconventional. Go Justin and Josh, you guys are inspirational!

Posted by: Ricky | Jan 9, 2012 2:15:13 PM

7. And you would know about rolling over now wouldn't you Endo?

ALLEGEDLY!

Posted by: Brandon H | Jan 9, 2012 2:22:39 PM

8. Huh? That makes about as much sense as proselytizing fat fetishists and enablers.

What's next on MTV True Life? I get hard for diabetes.

Posted by: endo | Jan 9, 2012 2:33:43 PM

9. There are many large size men who are sexy and attractive-just as their are muscle queens who look freakishly plastic.

Posted by: jaragon | Jan 9, 2012 5:10:25 PM

10. Being a few pounds overweight is more alienating within the gay community than being gay is within larger society.

I'm only moderately overweight--not even a bear--and believe me I feel every day that my gay brothers wish I'd just go away.

Posted by: Anonn | Jan 9, 2012 5:47:05 PM

11. There was a True Life episode a few years ago called, "I'm Happy Being Fat", that featured an obese man who had a chaser fly into visit and started a Chubby-Chaser group in his hometown.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jan 9, 2012 5:53:11 PM

12. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! As someone who is the chubby part of a chubby chaser couple, it doesn't matter what anyone else says. We are both lucky to have found each other and our happiness is all that is important to us. There is way too much ignorance in the world to worry about what other people think

Posted by: Howard | Jan 9, 2012 6:29:48 PM

13. I'm a big ol' fatty. I feel it's hard enough to find other gay fatties, let ALONE a chaser. /emo

Posted by: Robert | Jan 9, 2012 8:58:03 PM

14. As someone who grew up in the MTV generation I have always loves "True Life" and the unconventional stories that they examine. I will definitely try to watch this. As far as the chubby chaser thing goes, I don't get it/never have (and I used to be BIG) but hey, LOVE is LOVE and you can't fight attraction. Just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean that there is something wrong with the guys that it does.

Posted by: Fat Queer | Jan 9, 2012 11:17:13 PM

15. gay community = oxymoron

Posted by: J.D. | Jan 10, 2012 3:03:18 AM

16. I saw the MTV True Life with a big chubby and his muscle mary chaser who flew in from out of town to smash. My last boyfriend is a runway model, but I've been the chaser half of a chubby/chaser couple in the past and there's a difference between attraction and fetishizing someone because of their size. MTV didn't do a good job of showing the difference, so maybe they'll get it right this time.

Posted by: RafiD'Angelo | Jan 10, 2012 3:14:23 PM

17. I just found out a dating site for larger men " BHMDating.org". It's so wonderful. Wish you find your larger man there.

Posted by: biggirls | Jan 16, 2012 1:26:05 AM

18. Are you single? Are you looking for your sexy BBW for love ,dating or onenight stand ect??
    【bigpersonal.co m 】is the right place for you to join. The culb is the No. 1
    dating site dedicated to BBW, SSBBW, BHM adult singles seeking love, friendship or
    marriage. No hesitation to find your true love!

Posted by: KELLYOOO | Jan 16, 2012 9:44:39 PM

19. I'm a gay chubby chaser. I've always been into chubby guys, and, well, I'm a big boy myself. There's something that's so intimate in a very special way about having my naked body against the body of another chubby guy that I've always loved since I first had sex with another chubby guy as a young teenager. It's something I don't get when a thin guy has sex with me, which always leaves us with fewer options and much to be desired.

The first chubby guy I ever made love to was named Ben. Ben and I would've made love all day and night if we had the time for it. Having sex with Ben was great.

There's definitely nothing wrong or shameful about being attracted to chubby people. It's just not an attraction that people often talk about openly, and so it is seen as a "fetish". There are lots of chubby people, like me, who have very active and fulfilling sex lives.

Posted by: Kenny | Jan 20, 2012 11:39:43 AM

20. I love the Bear community.. been involved since 2001. Not all bear are fat. They just aren't in your typical gay stereo type..

Real looking men not twinks. All the attitude and all the hair

Posted by: Greg Nicotene | Jan 20, 2012 3:00:54 PM