Atlanta | Crime | News

BigGayDeal.com

Atlanta Gang Brutally Assaults 'Faggot' Outside Grocery Store: VIDEO

Wshh

A video posted to the website World Star Hip-Hop and YouTube (subsequently taken down there for violating terms of service) shows a brutal gang attack on a man outside a grocery store in Atlanta, Georgia. In the clip, the man is beaten while another laughs and repeats, “No faggots in Jack City.”

Watch (warning: graphic), AFTER THE JUMP...

The Smoking Gun reports:

The business, located at 1029 McDaniel Street SW, is a popular congregating spot for members of the Pittsburgh Jack City Gang (or “PBJC”). The group has also used the name “Jack City 1029.”

After being provided a link to the video, an Atlanta police spokesperson told TSG that the clip had been forwarded to the department’s gang division as well as the unit that investigates crimes against the LGBT community. Officer Kim Jones added that she was researching whether a police report was generated at the time of the attack.

At the end of the clip, a man picks up the victim's cell phone and punches him in the head. TSG adds: "While the beating video does not indicate when it was shot, Worldstar’s trademark clips of street mayhem (like this) are usually uploaded shortly after they were recorded."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via unknown highway)

Comments

1. wow, that was sickening...live in atlanta and that kind of trash needs to be taken out...period

Posted by: dandydd | Feb 6, 2012 2:12:19 PM

2. What's the big deal?

They were just trying to smack the ish out of him.

Right Roland?

Posted by: Girl Please Stop! | Feb 6, 2012 2:14:34 PM

3. I hope the police use every tool at their disposal to catch these monsters.

My heart goes out to the victim. He will not be the same person he was before this happened.

This is why Roland Martin needs to be taken down. Martin needs to be fired from CNN.

Posted by: elg/edwin | Feb 6, 2012 2:16:01 PM

4. Prison!

Posted by: David in NYC | Feb 6, 2012 2:28:55 PM

5. I've wondered about this before and still have to question exactly why this TRASH website WorldStarHipHop.com hasn't been taken down. It's essentially a website that glorifies the absolute worst of the worst in urban communities, and validates every single stereotype others have towards individuals living in these communities. The first action that needs to be taken is to demand this website is eliminated. These animals do these sorts of things for attention, so we need to take that avenue away from them.

My heart goes out to the victim as well. Such a senseless attack. I really hope he has loved ones who will be there for him while he is recovering physically and mentally from this incident.

Atlanta is such a conundrum. Very high gay population and openness, but with such a thin line between right crowd vs. wrong crowd. I guess that's the same everywhere, though.

Posted by: Francis | Feb 6, 2012 2:30:37 PM

6. That's why I carry a gun.....

Posted by: Juice | Feb 6, 2012 2:37:05 PM

7. The only " faggots" I see are the guys that needed to jump one man like a group of girls.

Posted by: Paul | Feb 6, 2012 2:45:04 PM

8. There would be a group of hoodrats with bullets in their skulls if I'd been attacked.

Get a gun, get mace, get a punch knife, learn Krav Maga. Don't leave your personal safety to others. Help the world by eliminating a few of these human cockroaches.

Posted by: Mark | Feb 6, 2012 2:52:45 PM

9. Waiting for the thinly veiled racist comments.

Posted by: New-new | Feb 6, 2012 2:59:33 PM

10. And where are all the African American pastors, ministers and Jessie Jackson? The are out in numbers ( bought $$$$) preaching against gay marriage but you don't see them out preaching against black on black violence let alone black on black gay bashing...guess there isn't enough $$$$ in it for them.

Posted by: MAP | Feb 6, 2012 3:07:12 PM

11. I think homophobia is worse than racism.

Posted by: Mel Smith | Feb 6, 2012 3:12:59 PM

12. I am black and gay.

Posted by: Mel Smith | Feb 6, 2012 3:13:49 PM

13. Mel, please have a seat somewhere.

Racism and heterosexism are both institutional forms of discrimination in this country but they each have manifested in different forms. To compare the two is to create a hierarchy of oppression. We should acknowledge how these two and other forms of discrimination (e.g. Sexism, classism, etc.) are deeply ingrained in our society and try to combat them.

I am black and gay myself. Despite my position in the matrix of domination as a black gay male, I do have a degree of male privilege and class privilege. I know this and try to recognize and check my privilege.

Posted by: New-new | Feb 6, 2012 3:29:46 PM

14. Today these black men beat up someone for his sexuality. One hundred years ago, these same black men would've been beaten up for the color of their skin. IRONIC.

Posted by: Randall Reynolds | Feb 6, 2012 3:42:52 PM

15. Blacks...

Posted by: toned | Feb 6, 2012 3:50:53 PM

16. I'm sure some in our community think it happened because this Man was to feminine, isn't that the argument some use on here?
    They deserve jail time, let's hope they get it.

Posted by: George M | Feb 6, 2012 4:04:45 PM

17. Randall, it wouldn't have been just 100 years ago, especially in Georgia. It is within living memory of most of these men's grandparents. This sort of violence is intolerable, and I hope that they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. This is an excellent example of why hate crime laws are needed. What I find most sad is that hate is stirred in my heart against the men who were part of the attack. I am sad to say that my first thought went to siccing the KKK on these monsters - and I should be ashamed of that, but I think that what these guys need is a dose of their own medicine. I just cannot abide homophobia from the African-American community. They better than anyone should know what discrimination and hate feel like.

Posted by: Jonathon | Feb 6, 2012 4:05:07 PM

18. I am black and gay and I agree with Mel Smith's statement that "I think homophobia is worse than racism".

Imagine a video of three white men viciously beating and kicking a black man while repeatedly calling him the "n" word. The Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson as well as the NATIONAL media would be all over it. There would be massive displays of outrage on ALL sides of the political spectrum.

So far, few outside the LGBT community and hopefully the local police department seem to be interested in this case.

Overt homophobia, including violent homophobia, is currently not sanctioned by this society the way overt expressions of racism are sanctioned

Posted by: elg/edwin | Feb 6, 2012 4:19:47 PM

19. I get extreme;y angry when I see videos like there. Black men are so hung up on sexuality and keeps me wonder why they care so much as to beat another man. Ignorant, uneducated fools.

Posted by: Gonzo | Feb 6, 2012 4:26:13 PM

20. Homophobia against gay men is the worst form of prejudice.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Feb 6, 2012 4:30:18 PM

21. If you're black and gay, then yes you have to worry about both.

Personally, I think that homophobia has affected my life and my relationships more than racism has but I do note a lot of subtle (and some not so subtle) racism in day-to-day life.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Feb 6, 2012 4:34:58 PM

22. To be honest I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people on the WSHH site who were calling out the attackers in the comments.

Posted by: OH UM OK | Feb 6, 2012 4:46:56 PM

23. racism and homophobia are entirely different animals.

both are bad but let's try to remember that racism still exists in this country and that it affects people of color in ways that amount to more than simple, yet tragic, hate crimes. not to over simplify the issue of heterosexism, but we to this day still have a corrupt criminal justice system that will likely dole out a harsher punishment for these criminals based on their skin color than their white counterparts.

so take some solace in that, white folks.

@Gabe R L: girl, are you serious. we are not trying to play the oppression olympics. your comment is why i can't with the gay community sometimes. you're marginalizing the other serious forms of oppression that exist by trying to create a heirarchy. girlbye.com

Posted by: new-new | Feb 6, 2012 5:04:42 PM

24. This culture needs to be changed. I'm black, so hold your cries of racism...if my black brothers and sisters spent half the time they occupy yelling racist at every criticism toward our black youth, and instead turned the tables and examined our youth, examined the culture glorified for them and by them, maybe we could get a little more transparent.

Does this happen in whites, latinos, asians? sure. but I lived in Houston, and Dallas and D.C and to say homophobia is not more heightened by young black gay men in a more extreme measure than others is an absolute lie. It's something that can be changed, but needs to be acknowledged. Not in a disrespectful manner, but in a civil manner. I'd never want my people (black folk) to endure any form of prejudice, but I do want them to be the best they can be. This is not it. This needs to stop. It starts with being real, and addressing real issues, not dancing away from them.

Posted by: Damian | Feb 6, 2012 6:01:33 PM

25. I strictly date black men (they are just fine) and am just as comfortable if not more comfortable around a group of black people as any other group, but at a certain point.......the black community DOES need to speak up against these crimes that are becoming too common place. There IS an elephant in this room. An elephant that's been pushed to the side so long that it's literally made a matter that could have been eased or erased magnified, but because no one was willing to go there, we have situations like this. Black community, you owe it to the pioneers of the civil rights movement to reverse this mindset.

Posted by: JeffLAB | Feb 6, 2012 6:06:33 PM