Atlanta | Crime | News

BigGayDeal.com

Atlanta Gang Brutally Assaults 'Faggot' Outside Grocery Store: VIDEO

Wshh

A video posted to the website World Star Hip-Hop and YouTube (subsequently taken down there for violating terms of service) shows a brutal gang attack on a man outside a grocery store in Atlanta, Georgia. In the clip, the man is beaten while another laughs and repeats, “No faggots in Jack City.”

Watch (warning: graphic), AFTER THE JUMP...

The Smoking Gun reports:

The business, located at 1029 McDaniel Street SW, is a popular congregating spot for members of the Pittsburgh Jack City Gang (or “PBJC”). The group has also used the name “Jack City 1029.”

After being provided a link to the video, an Atlanta police spokesperson told TSG that the clip had been forwarded to the department’s gang division as well as the unit that investigates crimes against the LGBT community. Officer Kim Jones added that she was researching whether a police report was generated at the time of the attack.

At the end of the clip, a man picks up the victim's cell phone and punches him in the head. TSG adds: "While the beating video does not indicate when it was shot, Worldstar’s trademark clips of street mayhem (like this) are usually uploaded shortly after they were recorded."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via unknown highway)

Comments

1. @NEW-NEW. I'm black too. step up. You seeing this disturbing footage and the first reaction you got is "let's see the racist comments" speaks volumes. it tells me as a black man that we LGBT blacks have a load of work to do. when we're more inclined and EAGER to call peeps out on their racism than face our own people and demand change is why we're struggling to find that niche in AA community. you're more interested in calling the white and latino gay a racist than calling the black man a homophobe. I am a black gay man. I know what it's like to be gay and be black, and I don't need you to educate me on which is more deeply prominent. your agenda is skewed, your anger misdirected, and your presence does nothing to further progress.

you know damn well if gays attacked blacks in the number we see blacks attackin gays with anti gay rants during the attack, you know good an well if that were reversed gays would be called for extermination. you know damn well. so don't be coming here and telling us to not be reactionary to what we see and have experienced from a minority group that should know better. you calling me a racist won't change my skin complexion.

Posted by: Real Talk | Feb 6, 2012 6:19:20 PM

2. @New-New

That's provided that the perps are caught.

Black people (of whatever sexual orientation) don't like going to the police because of the high probability of abuse (or neglect) and black-on-black crime isn't THAT big of deal since that's "how those people are."

So put that into your cultural matrix of oppression and smoke it.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Feb 6, 2012 6:59:44 PM

3. New Talk has apparently only been around the this site's block once if he hasn't noticed how skewed the comments section is when the perpetrator of homophobia is white as opposed to a person of color. No one is making excuses for people of color when they engage in the same homophobic activity that whites do. Yet somehow it always ends up that black homophobia is indicative of black culture in general when that is never the case for whites.

Posted by: sugarrhill | Feb 6, 2012 7:41:30 PM

4. Sugarrhill, maybe that's because black culture has proven themselves to be more homophobic. Interesting that you can make a correlation between gays and racism based on your observations of gay racism, but gays can't make a correlation between blacks and homophobia based on the overwhelming support of that evidence. That shows bigotry and hypocrisy on your end.

Posted by: L.C | Feb 6, 2012 7:56:17 PM

5. Just imagine for one moment, gay people beating black people while using the N word, the number of times we've seen black people beating gays using the F word. Imagine the treatment gays would get from society and especially the black community. Polotical correctness is what leads to incidents like this.

Posted by: Michelle | Feb 6, 2012 7:58:54 PM

6. @ SugarHill. If you get this fired about about understandable frustrations from the gay community toward the black community over comments on a blog, I don't even want to imagine what you'd be like if you reversed the roles and gays were perpetrating attacking blacks, stripping their rights, gay churches speaking ill of them every chance, and gay public figures constantly making derogatory comments about them. yet that's what gays face by black community and people like you. the only double standard we see is that individuals like you only take exception to white racism, not so much black homophobia. THAT seems accepted by you. but it certainly won't be by us.

Posted by: TacoTuesdayTX | Feb 6, 2012 8:07:42 PM

7. @Michelle

"gay people beating black people"

black gays do exist.

Check you privilege.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Feb 6, 2012 8:15:59 PM

8. @New-New
    Girl, I am very serious. I definitely recognise the ugliness of all kinds of prejudice, and have fought against them and encouraged others to do so, but I do believe that homophobia against gay men is the most deepest and insidious form of prejudice there is. That opinion does not mean that I dismiss other terrible forms of prejudice and discrimination by any means. Sorry if that is not understood.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Feb 6, 2012 8:29:31 PM

9. If anyone wants to start a petition to shut down WorldStarHipHop, I'll sign it. This kind of stuff needs to end. Its not just young black people beating up gay youths. They fight each other or pick fights so they can record them and put them online. Just a few days ago I had to call the police on some elementary kids who were encouraging two young girls to fight. I'm sick of it happening in my neighborhood, it reflects poorly on my community/race. I'm totally gonna blow this story up. I'm posting to twitter, facebook, I'm emailing Andy Humm of GAY USA (which you can watch online or at Free Speech TV), gonna do what I can.

Posted by: Lazlo | Feb 6, 2012 8:31:18 PM

10. These thugs use the cowards favorite tactic: the sucker punch. They want to hurt someone without getting hurt themselves. Roland Martin should be forced to watch this video. His "cute" homophobic tweets aid this kind of behavior. I am old enough to remember when white cowards used these tactics against blacks ( not the word they used). Now we see young black men doing the same thing to someone they view as different. SO SAD!

Posted by: jack | Feb 6, 2012 11:02:40 PM

11. That was painful to watch.

People, please be aware of your surroundings, and the people and environment around you, especially in high crime urban areas. I don't care what your race,ethnicity, gender, orientation is, use common sense, intuition and try to develop some street smarts if you don't have any. And throw political correctness out the window. Your safety always comes first.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 6, 2012 11:04:34 PM

12. I knew a [white] kid from an under-privileged background [he grew up in the projects,single mom, the whole nine yards], we were kind of friends as teenagers. He and his buddies would sometimes go around and play 'knockout', basically they would randomly assault somebody, punch them with the goal of knocking them out with the first punch. I lost touch with him, but met him again when he was 26. He was a homeless heroin addict. He may be dead now, I don't know. He looked like a skinny Bart Simpson, and he always picked on guys bigger than himself.

There's f'ed up sh*t out there, be careful.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 6, 2012 11:14:47 PM

13. Wow...Just the amount of offhand and racist comments in this post made me realize that there's nothing "post-racial" about this country.

Posted by: J.J. in the Navy | Feb 7, 2012 1:20:47 AM

14. Well TacoTuesdayTX…lets run down what you just said. If you reversed the roles first of all. What race of people were the ones who killed Matthew Sheppard? Caucasian,

Then you said: stripping their rights (99% percent Caucasian Republican House of Representatives),

Churches speaking ill of them every chance ( John Hagee, Rod Parsley, The Mormon Church, The Catholic Church yep All ran by Caucasians

And public figures constantly making derogatory comments about us.
    Troy, Mich., Mayor Janice Daniels. Caucasian
    Tony Perkins, Caucasian
    Many Tea Party people…who are Caucasian too!

yet that's what gays face by whites and people like you.

YOU DUMB MOTHERFU_CKER. It goes both ways. The only thing is your sissy ass came to the table with a gripe against Black people.

HOMOPHOBIA is a disease that is affected by all groups and until some you r@cist queens realize that maybe, and maybe we can move forward with solutions. Until this tit for tat bullshyt will continue.
    That said I hope these criminal are caught and given life sentences!

Posted by: CHRIS DACHOCOLATEBEARCUB | Feb 7, 2012 1:31:44 AM

15. Funny how those that are oppressed don't learn from it - instead they oppress others. It's a dark side of human nature.

Posted by: Eric in Chicago | Feb 7, 2012 1:39:46 AM

16. I am with you Chris Dachocolate!

Posted by: Mel Smith | Feb 7, 2012 7:20:06 AM

17. FBI IS NOW INVESTIGATING THIS CRIME

SEE FOLLOWUP VIDEO HERE>

Posted by: htownlawman | Feb 7, 2012 8:30:06 AM

18. Straight BLACK guys beat up gays. Straight Latins beat up gays. Straight Middle-easterners beat up gays. Straight white people absolutely go around and beat up gays. This is not a color issue, it's a minority issue, and gays are a smaller minority than the racial ones. This video could have been shot in Peru, with Peruvians beating the crap out of someone they thought was gay. We have to come together and change laws, learn how to protect ourselves, and make sure our voices are heard.

Do what you can to help, and don't stand there and let someone get their asses kicked. Call the cops, take pictures, and hold the police dept. accountable.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Feb 7, 2012 11:57:08 AM

19. It's his own fault! He ignored all the signs that clearly said "NO FAGGOTS IN JACK CITY" He went anyway. He got what he deserved.

Posted by: Joe | Feb 7, 2012 2:30:56 PM

20. There are so many [black] people, people in general afraid and ashamed of their own sexuality. It is sad, I hope the fellow that was beat up is OK. We all need to fight racism and homophobia! I was raised in the church, and the church needs to get over the homo crap and concentrate on the needs of the people!

Posted by: billmiller | Feb 7, 2012 7:39:04 PM

21. I posted this video last night on my FB page. and tonight my mom shared her thoughts!! She wrote..."I rather live amongs gays, than to be near animals like u, there's no other words to describe you and those like you." She wrote more, but keeping it short. I am honestly blessed to have an amazing Mom! She is my Hero!! and the best part is that when I first came out, she thought I was confused! She is deeply religious! and through the years, she is now becoming a big advocate of our community because she knows more, and has learned so much. It's a beautiful thing. It's sad to see a video like this, but it also teaches everyone around us, of the things we can face everyday.

Posted by: jay | Feb 7, 2012 10:57:49 PM

22. I would expect nothing else from southern blacks.....

Posted by: Vince | Feb 8, 2012 2:29:34 PM

23. No faggots in Jack City!

Posted by: No Faggots | Mar 4, 2012 9:40:46 AM

24. They should of killed that faggot.

Posted by: godson | May 9, 2012 1:07:44 AM

25. That pussy talking about shooting one of us should be careful of his comments. He could get banged up pretty bad.

Posted by: godson | May 9, 2012 1:11:30 AM