Houston | Michael Berry | News

Conservative Radio Host Michael Berry Rips TV Station's Gay Bar Hit-and-Run Story: AUDIO

Michael Berry blasted Houston TV station KPRC for doing a "hit piece" on him in its report that he had been seen on security cameras in a hit-and-run accident with another vehicle outside TC's Show Bar in Houston's Montrose District on January 31, All Access reports:

BerryBerry opened today's show by saying that he would go against the "very expensive" advice of his attorneys and would speak on the reports, and then, after saying "I don't care what people see on some TV station," he said that "the fourth-place TV station" had "run out of house fires to report on, so they decided to do a hit piece on me" using "unnamed sources."  Reading the story posted on KPRC-TV's website, he noted the repeated use of the term "gay bar" and ripped the station for running the story on TV three nights in a row.  He asserted that he has never "bashed gays" and called the TV station's report "a smear campaign" and threatened to respond with his own "unnamed sources on you S.O.B.s... you will not smear my name and me go down without a fight."

Last week, Berry claimed he was being framed by his enemies, as surveillance footage was broadcast which appeared to show him at the bar.

Added Berry on his show today: "I went into a bar. There were gay people inside. You know why I went in to a bar? Let me confess. Because there was cold beer waiting inside. Is that a crime? The fact that I'm not afraid of the fact that some of the people inside may be gay makes it a bad thing? Would it have been better if I was at a strip club, or a Hooters? Well if it would then maybe you should now know, I don't hate gays. I don't fear gays. I don't need to bash gays."

Berry goes on to say that he went in the gay bar because he didn't want to be bothered.

Listen to Berry's angry rant, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Posted by: atomic | Feb 21, 2012 3:59:58 PM

2. well that made no intellectual sense whatsoever.

it's not a bad thing that he went into a gay bar, it's a bad thing that he's a cowardly self-hatin right-wing-suckup 'mo who was involved in a hit and run.

"i was there because they had cold beer"

there we have it, folks. the gay agenda - luring innocent conservatives with our apparently exclusive ability to provide cold beer.

or somethng.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 21, 2012 4:00:39 PM

3. LOL @ Atomic. I was logging in to say the exact same thing.

Gurrrl's just ashamed. So so sad.

Posted by: Geoff MG | Feb 21, 2012 4:02:58 PM

4. This guy is going to some pretty great lengths to declare his innocence - and I don't know too many 'straight' men who would pull into a gay bar just for a cold one. Has anyone investigated beyond the video tape? Has his car/truck been checked for damage or recent repair work to cover such damage? How does he explain his image and auto on the tape?

Posted by: OS2guy | Feb 21, 2012 4:04:00 PM

5. Oh I bet the thought of going into a Hooter's joint thoroughly repulses him. Please, how many "straight" men would venture into a gay bar because they don't want to be "bothered", by what I wonder?

Posted by: robert in nyc | Feb 21, 2012 4:06:16 PM

6. He didn't want to be bothered? Is the assumption here that he would find no adoring fans hoping for an autograph in gay bar?

Posted by: BobN | Feb 21, 2012 4:07:46 PM

7. To be fair, it is kind of a neat way to spin the story. I don't believe a word of it, however.

Posted by: Mike M. | Feb 21, 2012 4:08:56 PM

8. BWAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAH-

This is the funniest thing I've read all week!

Posted by: bendskier | Feb 21, 2012 4:13:00 PM

9. ". . . and cock." I believe the full sentence should be "Because there was cold beer waiting inside and cock."

Posted by: Jeffrey B. | Feb 21, 2012 4:13:16 PM

10. Cold beer is the new wide stance.

Posted by: endo | Feb 21, 2012 4:14:36 PM

11. Liberals like to repeat the word "gay" as if it's something nasty. Nothing worse than a liberal homophobe.

Posted by: jason | Feb 21, 2012 4:15:42 PM

12. Are we sure he said "cold beer" and not "old bear"?

Posted by: Michael W. | Feb 21, 2012 4:16:02 PM

13. Too bad Saturday Night Live didn't come up with this skit... it would be mad funny to see Fred Armisen play this with Kristen Wiig as a bar employee.

Posted by: bendskier | Feb 21, 2012 4:16:38 PM

14. He's macked up the voice a lot more than I would've expected, but he's still as overwrought as any Chelsea queen.

I hope his wife gets tested for STDs, because I strongly suspect that he's not just suckin' longnecks.

Posted by: Miss Kitty | Feb 21, 2012 4:18:58 PM

15. Two local stations reported it... Both the NBC and I believe CBS affiliates. NBC just broke the news. He also claims the NBC affiliate is 4th place here, which I find hard to believe (although I could be wrong...). The news was doing their job. He is a big deal here in Houston and the "gay" part of the accusations is significant due to his conservative views.

He may claim not to be anti-gay. In fact today he talked about how the right needed to stop focusing on the gays.. He also madesome comments that came off as pro-gay, but I am sure it was a ploy due to this recent exposure. It's important to know that other than those viewpoints, he is a staunch social conservative. He regularly endorses Santorum.

Also, he doesn't understand the significance of going to a gay bar BY HIMSELF. He wasn't with his wife. He wasn't meeting up with any friends. I have never heard of straight guys going to gay bars by themselves for fun.

He never addressed the hit and run due to possible legal repercussions, but it is so blatantly obvious he is guilty.

Posted by: Evan | Feb 21, 2012 4:19:26 PM

16. Wait wait... the SNL cast would be JASON SUDEIKIS as Michael Berry.

Posted by: bendskier | Feb 21, 2012 4:21:19 PM

17. It would have been so much simpler but not as funny if the guy had exchanged insurance information & paid for the car damage. I could see why his attorney advised him to shut up, because everything he says keeps him digging that hole.

Posted by: sara | Feb 21, 2012 4:35:07 PM

18. Did i take something by accident or am I just giggly today? Loving these comments!

Posted by: Dev | Feb 21, 2012 4:35:12 PM

19. Mmm-mmm, cold cock! So refreshing, even straight men can't resist it.

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Feb 21, 2012 4:36:14 PM

20. That's some horsesh1t that even this guy's heaven can smell.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Feb 21, 2012 4:52:21 PM

21. Am I missing something here? A man goes, by himself, into a gay bar which I would guess if full of gay men. Said gay men would look at the single man and assume he's there for the same reason they are: to meet, to chat, to dance, to share a beer together, to... y'know, the stuff that goes on in bars. And he thought he wouldn't be bothered? It seems to me his best bet for not being bothered would have been to go to a lesbian bar...LOL.

Posted by: Dev | Feb 21, 2012 4:58:38 PM

22. I know the bar well. A more plausible explanation would be he was in there to buy coke or meth. It's that kind of place.

Posted by: Jim | Feb 21, 2012 5:02:11 PM

23. I'm so saddened by how deeply in denial this guy is.

Posted by: Terry | Feb 21, 2012 5:05:44 PM

24. Man, i hate those "hit pieces" where someone relays facts of a situation as they happened. Why cant the press stick to its proper role as toadies and stenographers for powerful people who wish to speak to the masses?

Posted by: Spudger | Feb 21, 2012 5:09:45 PM

25. LOLz

Little kiwi is right

Us dastardly gayz with our satanic beer luring in straight repubs

LOL