Fire Island | Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | New York | News

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Aaron and Corvette

Poolembrace

A September wedding on Fire Island turns into drag soup.

Our reader Sam writes: "They were married this fall in the Pines and it was really the best wedding I've ever seen.  And I'm not just saying that because I was the best man."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Check out our previous Gay Wedding videos...
Young Gay Couple Marries in Beautiful Clip from Italy [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Amir and Chandler [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Ruben and Joaquin [tr]
Dan and Eric Find Their Wedding Reception [tr]
Patrick and Scott Tie the Knot in Minnesota [tr]
First Dance at a Gay Wedding [tr]

We are starting a regular column featuring gay wedding videos (see some of them at links above). If you've got a creative wedding video online you'd like to share with Towleroad to celebrate marriage equality in this column please send it along. Extravagant, simple, sexy - we'll consider them (but can't guarantee we'll post them) all - the more creative the better! Let us know at tips - at - towleroad.com.

Wedding Video from Aaron Eiseman on Vimeo.

Comments

1. Cool, now I know what a narcissist's wedding looks like.

Posted by: Rex Mundi | Feb 17, 2012 12:44:47 PM

2. "It reminded me of the horrible movie. "Rachel Getting Married. Lots of rich white people in CT crying in Saris. Sigh."

TOTALLY thought the same thing! I was picturing the random people constantly playing music in the house all weekend and someone finally telling them to SHUT UP!

Looks like a TON of fun! Congrats guys!

I think at my wedding this summer, I will leave the LSD and Shrooms at home ;)

Posted by: C.J. | Feb 17, 2012 12:52:22 PM

3. What a thoroughly wretched-looking group of people.

Posted by: Bobby | Feb 17, 2012 1:19:21 PM

4. While I enjoy watching these videos and like the idea of sharing as a way to celebrate marriage, I can't imagine why people would send them into this site. Why subject such a special day to so much ridicule?

Posted by: TJ | Feb 17, 2012 1:22:11 PM

5. What a stunning, incredibly touching scene of beautiful, exultant pride and JOY! Kudos and best wishes to them and their loved ones!

Posted by: T.Todd | Feb 17, 2012 1:22:55 PM

6. Yes indeed, these people look like the definition of obnoxious...not even close to the other fine same-sex weddings posted over the last year or so. By not receiving an invitation I've been saved the awkwardness of walking out.

Posted by: uffda | Feb 17, 2012 1:39:15 PM

7. Love the video. This is their day and if this is what they wanted-- great for them. I don't know that I'd have a runway show at my ceremony, but equality is about having the ability to make choices. And I like the idea of not having to imitate straight weddings.

DRMIKE: so sorry so many of your friends are gone and won't physically be there for your wedding; but I'm sure they'll be with you in spirit and watching :)

Posted by: BMF | Feb 17, 2012 1:52:04 PM

8. Bravo!

Too much of life we live in restraint, saving the best for tomorrow, or someday. Surely on this, the day they celebrate their love, they are entitled to pull out all of the stops and enjoy each other and their friends and families. The older I get the more I realize, with more than a tinge of regret, that I shouldn't have held back, shouldn't have played so safe with things that didn't really matter in the end.

Posted by: Mike | Feb 17, 2012 2:05:32 PM

9. Please please please, can we stop calling them Gay weddings? Aside from the gaudy fashion show and the guy's name being Corvette, this was just a normal wedding.

Ok, so this one specifically was a very gay wedding... but the point stands.

Posted by: RandySF | Feb 17, 2012 2:08:09 PM

10. AMAZING!!!!!!! Beautiful.

Posted by: Josh | Feb 17, 2012 3:21:20 PM

11. I'm with TJ. My wedding (many years ago) was such a high point in life, and one of the great things about weddings is the guests are invited so they feel obligated to say great things. Expose yourself to a bunch of internet critics and the bubble bursts, no thanks.

Posted by: Brian | Feb 17, 2012 4:43:34 PM

12. Here's my problem:

When you throw an elaborate, over-the-top affair, as these people did, at what point does it stop being a celebration of love and start becoming just another party?

And at what point are your friends and family no longer "honored guests," and instead partygoers/attendees?

My big sticking point with this video - and, undoubtedly, the ceremony itself - is that waaaaaay too much attention has been paid to the guests. Everyone seems to have been encouraged to demand a piece of the attention, with the catwalk-like scenes and whatever-the-hell some of those people were wearing.

I pray that, even if I possess the means to do otherwise, my wedding is a simple, elegant affair; an enjoyable and memorable one. And one that won't be confused with the previous week's white party.

Posted by: TommyOC | Feb 17, 2012 4:45:18 PM

13. Amazing, over-the-top but artistically redemptive. Way to take it and make it your own, guys!

Posted by: Jon | Feb 17, 2012 5:01:14 PM

14. I loved it! beautiful!

Posted by: theSENATOR | Feb 17, 2012 5:04:34 PM

15. I think Andy Towle's intention in featuring these videos is to celebrate the unique and diverse way in which gay men and women are getting married. Kind of like an "It Gets Better" campaign for Marriage Equality. The fact that people feel inclined to leave judgmental, hostile comments just goes to show that gays and lesbians really are just like everyone else... they can be rude assholes too!

Posted by: EQLTY! | Feb 17, 2012 5:07:46 PM

16. Loved it congrats!!
    And I'M not just saying that cause I'm a friend of Our Lady J!

Any celebration that includes this musical sorceress is an event to be envied.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Feb 17, 2012 5:12:55 PM

17. Wow. I don't usually watch the wedding videos, and now I know why. IT'S THE COMMENTS. How absolutely disgusting to comment negatively on someone else's wedding, whether they are going to read those comments or not (and -newsflash- many of them WILL be reading the comments here on Towleroad where there wedding videos have been shared).

It's one thing to have a rash of negative comments on this site about public matters, which is 98% of what's covered here. But if you don't have something nice to say about someone's freaking WEDDING, than just STFU.

You people with the nasty comments have zero common decency. Disgusting. Grow up!

Posted by: Zlick | Feb 17, 2012 5:18:59 PM

18. But guests ARE an important part of a wedding! They are witnesses, your society, your support. Imagine having attended this wedding and seeing how this particular video was edited, clearly with the couple's approval, to show how much they appreciated their guest sharing in their day and approving and supporting their union. Weddings are social occasions.

And I have been to many weddings over the years of opposite sex couples where as the night progressed, the party just got wilder and wilder. The abandon was part of the joy. And dancing doesn't necessarily look different on the wedding dance floor versus in a club, unless you are doing the Chicken Dance.

Posted by: TJ | Feb 17, 2012 5:28:02 PM

19. Looks like a good time was had by all. Apparently haters are always gonna hate regardless of the circumstances but to my mind this is exactly what a wedding on Fire Island SHOULD look like. Kudos to the couple, their love/marriage and midsummer nights dreams.

Posted by: Giovanni | Feb 17, 2012 6:02:05 PM

20. I agree with EQLTY! and ZLICK. All of the couples who have submitted their videos to towleroad (and according the description, this one was submitted by the best man) are doing so to share their celebrations of love with their community, who have worked so hard together fighting for this right.

Leaving nasty comments would be like calling someone in the "It Gets Better" videos fat and ugly. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put that past you people!

BTW, I think this is one of the most amazing wedding I've ever seen!!!

Posted by: ATLgrl | Feb 17, 2012 6:04:05 PM

21. Im sorry but all I could think is whether that is Alex dennisof in the grey suit at the beginning?!

Seriously though it isn't my type of Wesson but the sheer fact they could even get married, isn't that what we should be supporting in the comments? I don't remember a point where they asked for your opinion of how YOU feel about the wedding, it was just to show that there is true love and beauty in our community yet all we can seem to do it taint that with our negativity.

Posted by: Rianpb | Feb 17, 2012 6:53:29 PM

22. Oops! Wedding not Wesson (sorry)

Posted by: Rianpb | Feb 17, 2012 6:56:19 PM

23. Absolutely amazing!

It's actually quite humorous how transparent the bitterness is in the negative comments that have been posted here... "obnoxious," "narcissistic," etc. translates pretty easily into "I'd never have the balls to be that free, even if I had the chance."

A party like that requires, besides finding a great partner, a ton of friends who love the couple enough to celebrate just as hard as they are. It's obvious to me that this was a day of pure joy and celebration, and that people planned ahead to make it as much an expression as possible of the personalities of the grooms and the joy they shared.

Good on 'em.

Posted by: metroptomist | Feb 17, 2012 7:00:32 PM

24. I wish the happy couple all the best of love and happiness.That being said....this is exactly the kind of video that the Republican right wingers will show at their little get-togethers to gain favor for the anti marriage equality platform. I am all about free expression and having all the fun you want at your own wedding, but this will look like Mardi Gras to these republicans. I hope people understand that I am not condemning the way they celabrated, but you have to see where the anti equality people WILL take it out of context. Best of luck to the couple and much love and happiness.

Posted by: TJ | Feb 17, 2012 7:18:49 PM

25. But you had me at "Wesson" ;>)

Posted by: TJ | Feb 17, 2012 7:21:58 PM