Angela Merkel | Germany | News

Waiter Spills Tray of Beer on German Chancellor Angela Merkel: VIDEO

Merkel

Everyone has bad days at work, though it doesn't get much worse if you're a German waiter than spilling a tray of beer all over Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That's the EXACT same look she had when our former idiot president groped her at an international summit.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Feb 28, 2012 8:49:14 AM

2. And she handled it with typical German aplomb.

Posted by: Rance | Feb 28, 2012 9:01:24 AM

3. The sooner she's gone the better. Then Germany can proceed with marriage equality. She's chairwoman of that awful very conservative Christian Democratic Union.

Posted by: Robert in NYC | Feb 28, 2012 9:13:40 AM

4. I wonder if Greece and Portugal may have hired that waiter?

Posted by: sundaygurl | Feb 28, 2012 9:17:20 AM

5. Well, she took it better than I expected. But he be dead or deported in two weeks.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 28, 2012 9:26:56 AM

6. That should have been done with two people
    in service; one to hold the tray & one to serve the beer. It's every server's worst nightmare...

Posted by: Marcito | Feb 28, 2012 9:29:20 AM

7. Can you imagine if that was one of the "Housewives" on one of those Bravo shows? They would have gone ballistic! Probably have called the National Guard.

Posted by: Oliver | Feb 28, 2012 9:40:10 AM

8. The waiter will be on a train to eastern Poland later today.

Posted by: B-rod | Feb 28, 2012 9:52:39 AM

9. I am sure of one thing thats the firmest her tits have been in...years!

Posted by: Vern Dufford | Feb 28, 2012 9:55:37 AM

10. Barely flinched... I'd go to battle with that woman any day.

Posted by: Tigger | Feb 28, 2012 10:02:11 AM

11. She handled that better than most people would have.

And to those who criticize her, you're clearly more obsessed with Gaga than politics. Merkel is an important part of why Germany has a solid economy and why they're in a position to bail out other countries.

Posted by: Artie | Feb 28, 2012 10:02:35 AM

12. Wow, what a nightmare for the waiter. Been there done that. (But never to a head of state) !
    Possibly a case of nerves... or being distracted. She handled it well. I agree with MARCITO for a VIP they should have had one server hold the tray while someone else served.

Posted by: Tom in long beach | Feb 28, 2012 10:29:00 AM

13. By the way, it looks like it's not the waiter's fault. The guy who walks past him seems to knock over the tray with his arm

Posted by: Steve | Feb 28, 2012 10:42:28 AM

14. I feel for the poor guy. 1980, while a cocktail waiter during a college summer in Cape May, I spilled a full tray of drinks down the back of the owner's wife. I was embarrassed and horrified. Tho soaked, she was grace personified, and I've never forgotten her.

Posted by: jim | Feb 28, 2012 11:24:33 AM

15. frankly, i think she handled it better than when bush grabbed her. perhaps his dead hands felt more icy

Posted by: h | Feb 28, 2012 12:14:34 PM

16. Thank God for polyester!

Posted by: Dave | Feb 28, 2012 12:23:07 PM

17. She proved herself to be a gracious, compassionate, elegant lady. I admire her reaction and her "on with the show" attitude.

Posted by: trees | Feb 28, 2012 12:31:08 PM

18. sweet story and memory, Jim.

Posted by: Jeff | Feb 28, 2012 12:35:41 PM

19. What a horrible waiter, they couldn't have found a more experienced server to serve the beer? I waited tables many moons ago when I was in my early 20s and that tilted tray was just pathetic and something a newbie would do, not an experienced waiter!

Posted by: Paul | Feb 28, 2012 12:41:56 PM

20. German equivalent of glitter bombing? I like this much better.

Posted by: Craig | Feb 28, 2012 1:54:13 PM

21. The guy behind him brushed against it and didn't even know. Watch closely.

Posted by: AJ | Feb 28, 2012 2:56:06 PM

22. JIM - I had the same sort of thing happen over 30 years ago. Totally inexperienced but working the lunch shift at a very fancy hotel - no one ever ordered wine by the bottle, much less champagne. Late one Saturday, the company owner, his beautiful young wife, and some VIP's came in. I had to stay after everyone else had left. First bottle of champagne went okay. The second - and of course, twice as expensive - bottle? Not so much. A champagne shower for everyone. To a person, they were gracious and solicitous, assuring me that it was no big deal.

Posted by: TJ | Feb 28, 2012 3:02:21 PM

23. I wonder if her aplomb comes from years of Oktoberfest experiences?

Posted by: Frank Butterfield | Feb 28, 2012 3:28:29 PM

24. my first table after 60 days of training at the Creve Coeur City Club in downtown Peoria had the mayor, chairman of Caterpillar, civic centre head, and three bank presidents. i spilled my very first tray of iced teas that day over-mostly-Mayor Maloof and Chairman Don Fites. i was near tears, but those six men were fantastically wonderful to me. the mayor is still a friend to this day.

Posted by: vwdavy | Feb 28, 2012 5:59:05 PM

25. Do you even realize her politics? She and her party are the ones preventing gay marriage in germany!

Posted by: Marcus | Feb 29, 2012 6:23:13 AM