I'm Gay | News | YouTube

Teen Tells Mom 'I'm Gay', Posts Entire Event to YouTube: VIDEO

Mallow610

YouTuber Mallow610 came out to his mother and posted it online. The must-watch video of the day. Those of you who have been through this process can relate to the nervousness beforehand (I know I can). We should all be so lucky to have a parent like this.

ImgayHe writes:

"Finally got the strength to come out to my mom. My Mom has been extremely supportive. I could not ask for anyone else. Love you :) Every circumstance is different and you will know when the right time to come out is. Stay strong. Babz and I are here for you. :) Note: I decided to post this so that I could share my experience with you. Hopefully it will be an inspiration to those who do not have such supportive families."

When she says, "I am a great mom," she's absolutely right. Congratulations Mallow610.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. We are an over-sharing society.

Posted by: chad | Feb 24, 2012 8:10:56 AM

2. How odd that someone would do this. It's sweet and he's adorable and all, but I still don't quite get it.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 24, 2012 8:16:50 AM

3. This is sweet, but why, during what seems to be such an important conversation, is he standing there with his nose buried in his phone the entire time she is talking to him? Rude.

Posted by: metroptomist | Feb 24, 2012 8:20:01 AM

4. Is he texting while coming out to his mother? What is that?

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 24, 2012 8:20:45 AM

5. I don't know, it's his decision, good for him if he felt comfortable doing it. My brother had to tell us each individually and was scared as hell.

Posted by: Syrax | Feb 24, 2012 8:21:43 AM

6. Can't anything remain private anymore?

If I was the mother, I'd be pissed for two reasons: that my son hid a camera to film what should have been a very private conversation; and that my bonehead son couldn't stop checking messages during what should have been a very private conversation.

Posted by: MikeBoston | Feb 24, 2012 8:24:16 AM

7. Hate to be a downer on a video with such a nice message, but can that guy PLEASE stop touching his phone while you're having a life-changing moment with your mother? I would slap that kid.

Posted by: Wes | Feb 24, 2012 8:25:45 AM

8. In any other situation, the phone thing would be unforgivable. But he was nervous! It's less intimidating when you're not making eye contact. I was holding an entire bag, ready to leave.

Posted by: K | Feb 24, 2012 8:25:48 AM

9. Hey, this guy has an awesome mother. Show some respect by putting the phone down. I realize it's a nervous tick, but maybe the video will make him self-aware enough to ditch the device during a heartfelt conversation. As for the video itself... no qualms as long as his mother was fine with him posting it.

Posted by: Grench | Feb 24, 2012 8:36:30 AM

10. Wow. Mom goes on and on and onnnnnn...Glad she's accepting and supportive. Obviously wasn't a surprise, lol.

Posted by: jim | Feb 24, 2012 8:37:55 AM

11. She is so great! Love Her!
    Him, still nervous, I guess
    &
    texing should be outlawed when having contact with another
    Human

Posted by: deen | Feb 24, 2012 8:46:33 AM

12. Once was enough, not reliving it vicariously by watching this.

Posted by: Nick | Feb 24, 2012 8:49:18 AM

13. I agree that texting during one of the most important conversations of your life is poor form. And zero points for the "might be bi" cop-out.

The best part, though, is when she insists that "it's a choice" but she's talking about his being stubborn.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Feb 24, 2012 8:50:42 AM

14. I agree with "K'. When I came out to my dad, I looked at him maybe once, my eyes were fixated on the floor, on his shoes, tapping away as he asked horrendous questions like, "Are you the pitcher or the catcher". Nervousness is all he was feeling.

And I agree with Mom, I to think it would be great that we didn't have to just "announce" it. Parents should just expect that their child will eventually find a partner and think nothing of the gender of that partner.

Sigh, wishful thinking?

Posted by: Jay Hollon | Feb 24, 2012 8:50:47 AM

15. "My Mom has been extremely supportive."

Your mom is awesome!

Posted by: Max | Feb 24, 2012 8:55:36 AM

16. Forget the prejudice he may face as a gay teen...PUT DOWN THE DAMN PHONE when you are having a face to face conversation with another person. So he was nervous and apprehensive, texting was rude, period! I sincerely hope this kid reads many, many comments like this so that he can understand just how impolite it is to constantly check your phone like that. To paraphrase Judge Judy..Are you the important CEO of a big company making sure your multi-billion dollar business doesn't go bust while you have an eight minute conversation with your mother? There was NOTHING so important that could not have waited 8 minutes.

Posted by: Paul in Charleston | Feb 24, 2012 9:02:29 AM

17. Funny video... Boy just announces it.... Mom who has shown she is way too inquisitive and talkative even before he announces... goes on and on... boy spaces out and turns to his phone... as he does whenever she starts yakking... LOL I can relate. Although the posing seems a bit of a set-up

Posted by: Joey | Feb 24, 2012 9:05:33 AM

18. Nice young man and super mom! He is very lucky. Best of luck, Daniel.

Posted by: Peter | Feb 24, 2012 9:10:31 AM

19. For you people that don't get this. This video could help another Teen Come Out..... And maybe save some ones lift.

Posted by: Rocco Falco | Feb 24, 2012 9:19:11 AM

20. Gee it really sucks to have a supportive mother who doesn't throw you out of the house or turn you over to an "Ex-Gay" group for torture or simply slam you upside the head!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Feb 24, 2012 9:22:16 AM

21. This is a super video of a mother who is truely trying to reach out to her son and accept him. Either I am too old to get the whole texting thing or this guy is just too nervous not to be texting. I hope this guy really loves his mother...she is a great parent that I would have loved to have had support me in such a huge step.

Posted by: Dan | Feb 24, 2012 9:33:15 AM

22. Get over the phone bit people, he's a teen and nervous. Why not Dis his pacing or sweating or mumbling? He wasn't texting, just fiddling with his phone because he was scared as hell. Jesus, a beautiful moment, one that can be shared by millions of scared teens worried about their parents and you all go on and on..... Put the claws back in. If it wasn't a phone it would be a pencil or a spoon or anything else to hand in the kitchen.

Amazing, heart warming video and an amazing mom!

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Feb 24, 2012 9:34:35 AM

23. OK, so I came out to my mother and she asked if I wanted her to tell me father. I said no, but I waited 3 days and she ended up doing so. I was putting on eyeliner one night before going to a club in DC (I was 17) and he said, We have something to talk about. And he knew that I was going to a gay bar because I was an idiot and the year before had asked him how to get to the Pride parade. Not by name, but by address. Then I had a car and went to the same gay bar (Tracks!) that I'd been going to since I was 13. And I somehow thought it would be a secret.

Anyway. He's not a moron and figured it out quickly. But I would never broadcast such moments.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 24, 2012 9:37:59 AM

24. Well that covered alot of emotions! The beginning was funny the way he cleaned the house so she thought something was wrong. Her reaction brought tears to my eyes, so supportive. But then she went on-and-on too much, and while I think he was totally disrespectful with the texting, I can see why he was tuning her out! lol

That said, I am concerned about the boy - he seems scared and unhappy. He needed another hug from mom. I hope this is the start of better days for him.

Posted by: JD | Feb 24, 2012 9:45:26 AM

25. something tells me she didn't need to be told :)

Posted by: Ambrose | Feb 24, 2012 9:47:00 AM