I'm Gay | News | YouTube

Teen Tells Mom 'I'm Gay', Posts Entire Event to YouTube: VIDEO

Mallow610

YouTuber Mallow610 came out to his mother and posted it online. The must-watch video of the day. Those of you who have been through this process can relate to the nervousness beforehand (I know I can). We should all be so lucky to have a parent like this.

ImgayHe writes:

"Finally got the strength to come out to my mom. My Mom has been extremely supportive. I could not ask for anyone else. Love you :) Every circumstance is different and you will know when the right time to come out is. Stay strong. Babz and I are here for you. :) Note: I decided to post this so that I could share my experience with you. Hopefully it will be an inspiration to those who do not have such supportive families."

When she says, "I am a great mom," she's absolutely right. Congratulations Mallow610.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE. ugh. his body language and facial reactions. Go mom for not snapping on his ass.

I agree this'll help some kids though.

Posted by: Patrick | Feb 25, 2012 1:08:25 AM

2. Geez man, you're Mom's having a big heart-to-heart with you, put down your friggin' phone!

Posted by: Mike | Feb 25, 2012 7:38:59 AM

3. Way to go Daniel!!! You have one cool mom....Happy for you both! wWhere are you from. just curious

Posted by: Al | Feb 25, 2012 9:50:33 AM

4. I thought it was a very nice video. The mother doesn't seem to care that he is fiddling with his phone so I don't see why anyone else should.

Posted by: JC | Feb 25, 2012 10:16:33 AM

5. It feels completely staged to me.

Posted by: Iwontgrowup | Feb 25, 2012 11:08:54 AM

6. This was a very touching video. And while it would be better if he wasn't playing with his phone I understand that. This is one of the most difficult things a gay person will ever have to do. At least it is for most, and it was for me. I tried telling my mom for a month before I could finally say "I'm gay." I tried to have her guess what I wanted to say but that didn't work. It's very awkward and scary and I get that's why he was playing with the phone.

Posted by: Mike | Feb 26, 2012 5:58:06 AM

7. If ever there was a time to put down your phone this would certainly seem to qualify. Maybe I'm just pissed because I just paid $130 for a theatre ticket only to have the show interrupted by some jackass whose phone not only rang four times but he answered it in addition to making two additional calls. People there is life beyond your freakin' cellphone - honest.

Posted by: ThomT | Feb 27, 2012 9:49:35 PM

8. TMI.

Posted by: Aunty Climax | Apr 21, 2013 4:32:30 PM

9. Is it just me or does this feel fake and staged. It's cute and touching, but it's just something in her tone of voice that doesn't sound right.
    In addition, she had to know, come on guys, look at him, he was hit by a BIG gay stick.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Apr 25, 2013 5:42:01 PM

10. That kid needs to lift his nose out of that damned phone and learn to have a normal conversation that's respectful to the other parties.

Posted by: Mike | May 7, 2013 2:35:33 PM