American Family Association | Ellen DeGeneres | News

BigGayDeal.com

One Million Moms Go After JC Penney for Hiring 'Open Homosexual' Ellen DeGeneres

One Million Moms, a subset of the hate group American Family Association, is attacking JC Penney for hiring Ellen DeGeneres as its spokesperson. Says the group in an action alert:

EllenFunny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families. More sales will be lost than gained unless they replace their spokesperson quickly. Unless JC Penney decides to be neutral in the culture war then their brand transformation will be unsuccessful.

Their marketing strategy is to help families shop and receive a good value for their money. Degeneres is not a true representation of the type of families that shop at their store. The majority of JC Penney shoppers will be offended and choose to no longer shop there. The small percentage of customers they are attempting to satisfy will not offset their loss in sales.

JC Penney has made a poor decision and must correct their mistake fast to retain loyal customers and not turn away potential new, conservative shoppers with the company's new vision.

One Million Moms is calling on its followers to call JC Penney and demand they replace DeGeneres. Their numbers are 972-431-8200 (customer service) and 972-431-1000 (corporate headquarters). We suggest you do the opposite.

Comments

1. They call themselves the "million moms" but something tells me they can't really count that high and just use the number because its sounds good.

Ellen will probably have the class not to mention it. Plus most of this group probably only shops at Walmart.

Posted by: Macmantoo | Feb 1, 2012 10:05:39 PM

2. "It's all so ... old.

Honestly, more and more I am actually encouraged by the tone and nature of our opponents.

They haven't changed in 25 years. "Open homosexual" - really?! How do they think this sounds to anyone under 60?"

^^ This. The bigots are losing.

Posted by: Jason 2 | Feb 1, 2012 10:12:41 PM

3. More like "One Million Morons".

Posted by: Sergio | Feb 1, 2012 11:21:28 PM

4. For shame, ladies. Do your husbands know you are meddling in the world of politics, when you should be dusting the banisters or helping Britanee-Kate with her remedial times-tables?

Posted by: Basil Brush | Feb 1, 2012 11:27:55 PM

5. Can't they just get their pretty little asses back into the kitchen where those "1 million" loons belong? Don't they read the Bible? Their place is in the kitchen, not talking to the liberal media. What are they doing even recognizing Ellen? They should have their noses buried in a cookbook or the Bible, not spending idle time watching the devil's invention. My, my, someone is going to burn in hell for a long time. Too bad these haters can't even follow the instructions they have been given...get back in the kitchen with your fat pregnant butt and cook some food...NOW! Get busy, woman, God is watching you!

Posted by: millerbeach | Feb 2, 2012 4:01:38 AM

6. I didn't realize that jesus christ's last name was Penney. :0)

Posted by: Scot | Feb 2, 2012 4:29:53 AM

7. I haven't shopped at JC Penney more than once or twice in my life, and probably not at all in the last 30 years. However, as long as they stick with Ellen, I will place them on my "go to" list. I'm planning on moving to a new home soon, and I'm going to need new stuff - timing is perfect. I will be calling JC Penney as soon as their phone lines come on this morning.

Posted by: John | Feb 2, 2012 7:57:42 AM

8. A lot of great comments, I really cannot add anything, but I did enjoy reading! Have you all seen the split pic with the evil Callista and the pic from Mars Attacks?? It is a hoot!

Posted by: billmiller | Feb 2, 2012 10:04:50 AM

9. Love Ellen and I'm glad Jc Penney picked her as a spokes person also
    Now I will shop their more often I still have a Jc p card I will keep it open

Posted by: Estella | Feb 2, 2012 11:54:10 AM

10. i'd like to know how many moms exactly are in this group called "one million moms". can we find out?

Posted by: mike128 | Feb 2, 2012 12:06:26 PM

11. One Million Moms? Please. More like... A Few Moms.

Posted by: James | Feb 2, 2012 5:37:34 PM

12. I emailed JCP yesterday; got a very nice response from them

Our recent announcement, rooted in rich heritage, re-imagines every aspect of our business to become America's favorite store.

We appreciate your feedback and are equally excited to partner with America's favorite host and former jcpenney associate, Ellen Degeneres, to help tell our story.

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Feb 2, 2012 5:50:33 PM

13. I love Ellen and if she is going to be the spokeswoman for Jc Penny that will not stop me from buying there! I am a mom and I am straight and I love her because she has been told No since the early 90s and look at her now. So Ellen I am not one of the million Moms. And I love JC Penny and will shop all the time.

Posted by: AsHanty perez | Feb 2, 2012 8:07:32 PM

14. I posted my support for Ellen and JC Penney's on JCPs Fb page. They responded directly to me, saying thanks for my support and they love having Ellen as their spokespers­on.

One Million Moms won't win this one. Besides, they don't even have one million moms!

The page numbers speak for themselves­:

Ellen Degeneres: 2,141,350 likes

The Ellen DeGeneres Show: 6,768,292 likes

JC Penney: 2,427,947 likes

OMM's: 39,116 likes

Enough said.

If you are against One Million Mom's, please join my FB Page http://www.facebook.com/1MillionMomsAgainstOMM It doesn't matter if you're a mom or not, woman or man, straight or gay, whatever, if you are against OMM's, please join!!!

Posted by: Rita | Feb 2, 2012 9:44:32 PM

15. Christians wonder why their always at odds with the rest of the world. It's their INTOLERANCE for everybody and everything outside their dogmatic little world. They don't show love. All they do is point fingers and show hatred toward others. Every person in this world is given a free will to live the way they choose, just as Christians have the same right and live the way they choose. Maybe Christians should get rid of the hypocritical log in their own eyes; then just maybe they can see others with love instead of always loathing their actions. Ellen is a wonderful loving person that has done so much good in this world. She is free to live the way she chooses.

Posted by: Adam | Feb 3, 2012 8:52:46 AM

16. Ellen has an audience five times as large as "one million moms". Another attempt by an arrogant, misguided, misinformed hate group. I hope JCP flips them the bird and ignores them.

Posted by: jamal49 | Feb 3, 2012 3:02:41 PM

17. Already closed my account with jcp.

Posted by: Rebecca | Feb 3, 2012 6:00:29 PM

18. This clubs of broads don't have a clue as to what there doing. Education LOONIES this is this is about. TEACHING THE YOUTH OF AMERICA. DON'T SIT DOWN TO MUCH LADIES,
    GO J C PENNEY'S

Posted by: Tell it like it is | Feb 3, 2012 8:45:07 PM

19. You know this just makes more people want to shop at JCP.. I myself will spend more money there and tell all my friends to as well. Good luck with trying to bring Ellen down. She is one of the most amazing people who does extraordinary things for people and animals alike. Sorry you're jealous!

Posted by: Sabrina | Feb 4, 2012 6:47:45 AM

20. Hey, "One Million Moms," want to live in a country with one government established religion, & where no "deviations" are allowed? Might I suggest Iran?

Posted by: Diana Duncan | Feb 4, 2012 3:39:47 PM

21. I love Ellen, You go Woman.

Posted by: Steve | Feb 8, 2012 1:39:33 PM

22. Who are these people to say who traditional people are, they have no right o speak for me. Going to jcpenny from now on!

Posted by: Leeannatrail | Feb 8, 2012 11:37:10 PM

23. Moms....if there are one million out there..the probability is that many of you will have children that are gay. For their sake don't be so ignorant and close minded, there will be a time that they need and ear and unconditional love. Ellen has it from her mother.

Posted by: Roberta | Feb 9, 2012 10:00:31 PM

24. I'm from a small village in Wales, U.K and I'm a lesbian. In America the fact that people still view being anything but heterosexual as some sort of disease that must be wiped out is a total shame on the country. Ellen stands for so much and brings so much joy to everyone, I support Ellen all the way!!!

Posted by: Jay Wilson | Feb 16, 2012 2:37:54 PM

25. These bigot groups are becoming more desperate. They feel the winds of change blowing and know they are beginning to circle the drain. The dominoes are just starting to fall. Marriage equality will soon be universal in the US and we will all be stronger and happier for it. Most anti-gay people will change their views as they get to know gay people and realize that they are normal. Anti-gay groups will become increasing be more isolated and ignored, like white supremacy groups are today.

Posted by: JasonB | Feb 24, 2012 10:57:48 PM