Brett Ratner | Chris Brown | News | Seth Rogen

BigGayDeal.com

Seth Rogen Rips Brett Ratner, Chris Brown at the Independent Spirit Awards: VIDEO

Rogen

Seth Rogen hosted the Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica on Saturday, and took the opportunity to lay into Brett Ratner for the anti-gay slur that got him rejected as Oscar producer last fall. In the same joke, he also took aim at Grammy producers for celebrating Chris Brown.

Said Rogen:

"Without awards season we wouldn't know what a horrible bigot Brett Ratner is. It's good. Good to know. That Ratner sh*t was crazy. That was nuts. Are we really surprised that he said that though, honestly? Come on. Who was like, 'Ratner? I thought Ratner was Mr. PC, that's weird.' It's very strange though. That was crazy."

He added:

"I honestly bet, though, that Brett Ratner wishes that he was organizing the Grammys, because they seem much more forgiving than the Oscars, altogether. Seriously. You say a few hateful things they don't let you within 100 years of the Oscars. You could literally beat the sh*t out of a nominee and they let you perform twice at the Grammys."

The mark above comes at about 5:00 into Rogen's opening monologue, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Imagine talking about George Clooney like that. Imagine being part of an audience that laughs at it, or that thinks Rogan's occasional humor can possible redeem him from his otherwise stench. And Kiwi thinks he's sexy. Perfect.

Posted by: uffda | Feb 28, 2012 12:55:52 PM

2. You're right New-New, I've never trusted James Earl Jones ever since his death star blew up an entire inhabited planet

Posted by: ken | Feb 28, 2012 2:55:49 PM

3. I totally am disgusted with Chris Brown and everything he stands for. I still think it was weird that they had him perform. But why are people bringing him up now and wasn't speaking up 3 years ago when the incident happened? It all seems lame and desperate to me to come off as relevant like you are hip to wants going on in the world now. I love Seth, but he just comes off as thirsty just like Miranda Lambert and every other off the wall person who's been makin comments THIS MONTH.

Posted by: Angela | Feb 28, 2012 4:00:54 PM

4. I've always thought this dude was extremely hot looking. Very hot. Now I think he's really cool too. Thanks, Seth. Awesome that you're calling these people out for their bigotry and violence!

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Feb 28, 2012 4:39:50 PM

5. Love me some Seth Rogen. I was a little disappointed when he lost weight, but glad to see a tiny bit of the bounce-back.

@New-New - These days the racists ones are easily spotted because they bring up race.

Did Seth Rogen say something that was racist, or are you yourself mistrusting of white-skinned people because of things that happened in the past? Sometimes the cop is just a-hole. Sometimes the waitress is having a bad day. Sometimes the actor is just trying to be funny. Stop mistrusting white people just because they're white. That's racist. It's 2012.

Posted by: antisaint | Feb 28, 2012 6:15:11 PM

6. I love how people still are passing judgement on Chris Brown and don't know any of the facts. What if she started the fight. I was taught if someone if hitting me, fight back. Us gays could learn from that.

Posted by: Billy | Feb 28, 2012 7:53:58 PM

7. @Billy, he pleaded guilty. Those are the facts. Do you think there's something Rihanna could have done to 6'0 Brown that resulted in the way she were? From what I remember at the time he wasn't as much as scratched.

Posted by: Syrax | Feb 28, 2012 9:14:51 PM

8. @ Billy -- Umm, perhaps you didn't read the police report?

Posted by: antisaint | Feb 28, 2012 9:22:53 PM

9. Different topic - the food. Wonder about those who were eating and those who clearly didn't eat a thing or hardly a thing on their plate.

Posted by: Perkin Warbeck | Feb 28, 2012 9:54:36 PM

10. The awards show right on the beach south of the pier are one of the most fun I have attended to see stars. Most actors and movie folks came where the fans were and took photos and signed autographs. I was able to take lots of photos so close to many of the attendees before the show out in the sunny California skies next to the ocean. Much better than in Hollywood ... smaller and more "VIP" for us spectators. :-)

Posted by: FunMe | Feb 28, 2012 10:50:33 PM

11. PS They are all sitting and having a meal and drinks? WOW! Looks like the way it used to be when the Academy Awards started back in the late 1920s.

Posted by: FunMe | Feb 28, 2012 10:57:30 PM

12. All I'll say is if your going to hit someone in a fit of anger, don't be surprised if they come back at you with greater force.

Posted by: Billy | Feb 29, 2012 12:00:59 AM

13. Yeah, you didn't read the report, did you?

Posted by: Syrax | Feb 29, 2012 8:18:23 AM