Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | News

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Ruben and Joaquín

Rj

A reader sent in this joyful video of Ruben and Joaquín who were recently married in D.C.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previous Gay Wedding videos...
Dan and Eric Find Their Wedding Reception [tr]
Patrick and Scott Tie the Knot in Minnesota [tr]
First Dance at a Gay Wedding [tr]

We are starting a regular column featuring gay wedding videos. If you've got a creative wedding video online you'd like to share with Towleroad to celebrate marriage equality in this column please send it along. Extravagant, simple, sexy - we'll consider them (but can't guarantee we'll post them) all - the more creative the better! Let us know at tips - at - towleroad.com

Rj2

Ruben & Joaquín Wedding (Highlights Short Version) from J-Video Productions on Vimeo.

Comments

1. @Tank, Hodzer -- you both need to get a life.

Posted by: Continuum | Feb 9, 2012 12:03:03 PM

2. Adorable beautiful and sweet loved it.

@Tank: I really tire of people like you with that MACHO bully mentality of people like yourself who are ALSO GAY.Get over yourself the fact that you even spoke of diversity is laughable considering you attempted to stereotype people within this community to begin with.It really is tiring with people like you who perpetuate the stereotype that gay guys have to be macho masculine and act STRAIGHT at all times.Im guessing you conformed to what everyone else wanted of you instead of being true to who and what you really are.This community is diverse and it is time people like you stopped projecting the exact same kind of BIGOTRY and prejudice that the bigots spew in our general direction on a daily basis in this country.This us against them mentality is pathetic in this community it really is.Especially when its us against people from our OWN community mentality.Some guys are masculine some are feminine there are feminine STRAIGHT guys 2 nothing wrong with either of those.What is wrong though is mocking putting down and belitting people from the same community you come from just because you have insecurities and prejudices of your own towards certain kinds of gay guys.

Posted by: Kenny | Feb 9, 2012 12:20:06 PM

3. I am sitting here with tears running down my face and a huge smile. Wow what fun and what a glorious occasion. Congratulations fellas. Wonderfully done!!!

Posted by: dc20008 | Feb 9, 2012 12:45:28 PM

4. mi familia

Posted by: tim | Feb 9, 2012 12:48:49 PM

5. LOL at this thread and the true pair of bitter queens on it.

And congratulations to the happy couple.

Posted by: Chitown kev | Feb 9, 2012 12:55:21 PM

6. I just cried... Mazel ton guys!

Posted by: Beto | Feb 9, 2012 1:19:20 PM

7. @Tank and Hodzer. It amazes me that you can look at that video and not see the joy, love, and happiness that radiates from the marriage celebration of Ruben and Joaquin.
    Instead of the anger and hate that others are heaping on you, I think pity is a more appropriate response. How sad and emotionally empty you must be if your first response to seeing this video is "Those guys are not attractive enough".

Posted by: Howard | Feb 9, 2012 1:40:36 PM

8. hahahahh, if the Warblers are your ideal of what macho is...oh man, that's just awesome!

Great video, so sweet!

Posted by: Donald | Feb 9, 2012 2:36:19 PM

9. They're both pretty hot.

Posted by: J | Feb 9, 2012 3:00:23 PM

10. these are nice guys who have been together for 10 years--i know them. but the hysteria over marriage is such dreck. the idea of marrying makes me sick, and i relish the nontraditional lifestyle that being gay allows me to have. i just hope this doesn't normalize lgbt relationships to the point where marriage is expected/anticipated/the purpose of our relationships. but people want it so they should be able to get it. i just don't want to see it everywhere.

Posted by: bleh | Feb 9, 2012 4:54:13 PM

11. Simply beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Eddie Martinez | Feb 9, 2012 5:19:39 PM

12. Nice video, but no way would I include the Supreme Court building in my wedding video until they've recognized my right to get married.

Correction. If we happened to be passing by and spotted Antonin Scalia returning to work from his lunch break, I would totally stop the car, get out and moon him. THAT I would include in my wedding album!

Posted by: BobN | Feb 9, 2012 6:59:33 PM

13. Congrats to the newlyweds. Doesn't that top picture look as if it would be a perfect photo for a Time magazine cover when marriage equality (notice I said when, not if) becomes legal in all 50 states?

Although someone will point out that those columns on each side could be subliminally phallic symbols. Or maybe I'm just "seeing" too much. You know how socons are - people always say we think about gay sex even more than gays themselves do! But honestly, gay couples look as beautiful as straight couples do when they're happy and celebrating their marriage.

Posted by: Mary | Feb 9, 2012 8:16:58 PM

14. Tank, you think THIS is flamboyant and silly? I saw two obviously successful, in love, and very loved men. I saw exuberance and joy. I don't understand your post at all.

Posted by: Tom LBCC | Feb 9, 2012 9:34:37 PM

15. Well, I see a few thoughtful people here agreed with me, and some thoughtful people disagreed with me. Still, I respect my critics who made logical arguments and avoided catty and bitchy personal attacks. As an out and proud gay man who has always come across as very butch and has felt ostracized at times by the mainstream urban gay culture, I would just say that some of the nasty and mean spirited responses to my words demonstrate the very narrow mindedness I was criticizing. I should not have made negative comments about the appearance of the two guys getting married: they would never appear in my erotic dreams but maybe they would in the dreams of others here. I wish them happiness together. I will be glad to see other videos in the future of gay couples of all kinds. Yes, I hope to see racial and ethnic diversity, different class backgrounds, and all of that, but it would be really nice to see macho gay couples, too, amidst all the flamboyant and over the top couples, too. And I was just kidding about those pretty 25 year old queens playing high school kids in those stylish blazers being macho... obviously!!!

Posted by: TANK | Feb 10, 2012 4:42:42 AM

16. Some bitches are bitter - but not me. Super cute way to start my morning! Congrats to the couple - I love DC!!!!

Posted by: Reality | Feb 10, 2012 7:27:26 AM

17. @Tank: Rolls eyes appalling that you speak of narrowmindedness when you prove you are the one who is that period. It continues to be obvious you have a prejudice and issue with flamboyant gay guys and feminine gay guys.Shameful.Too bad you cant get past your ego and your masculine persona to see that that is YOUR issue not ours.

Posted by: Kenny | Feb 10, 2012 11:41:16 AM

18. Tank

If there were a higher number of wedding videos appearing on Towleroad featuring 'regular' gay couples would you complain that there was a lack of camp/flamboyant displays ?

Posted by: Den | Feb 10, 2012 4:17:52 PM

19. The article says that Ruben and Joaquin got married in Washington DC. If I am not mistaken they got married at the US Supreme Court. If you pause the video and look at the outside of the building and compare it to photographs of the Supreme Court, it looks to me like it is the same building. It looks like they got married at the Supreme Court.

Ruben and Joaquin if you are reading these comments, pay no nevermind to any negative comments, you guys look WONDERFUL and HAPPY and look perfectly HANDSOME and NORMAL to this StraightGrandmother. I wish you many years of happy wedded bliss.

Posted by: StraightGrandmother | Feb 12, 2012 6:25:47 PM

20. "Husbands for Life"

I like that. Such an elegant way of adapting the phrase.

Posted by: SgtSausagepants | Feb 17, 2012 11:43:53 AM

21. Looks a hell of alot more fun then other weddings. Plus who did the video?

Posted by: Ayal Gul | Feb 24, 2012 12:42:37 PM