Comments

1. Strepsi says

This is shaping up to be the FLASH GORDON of the 2000’s!
    And I mean that in the worst and best possible ways…

Please tell me the theme song for John Carter will be done by QUEEN with Adam Lambert!

2. Ted B. (Charging Rhino) says

I read the John Carter of Mars series as a kid 40-years ago, both the novels and the wonderful boots, muscles and fur-thong illustrated versions. Taylor Kitsch is NOT John Carter….he’s too-young and too-skinny, and dare-we-say not butch-enough?

3. Sean in Dallas says

LOL: doesn’t everyone need an unintentionally (I would imagine) phallic sidekick? Looks like he’s being menaced by the world’s largest micropenis in that top photo.

4. Jon says

Wow this is how Taylor Kitsch follows up Friday Night Lights? Oy…his last name is certainly appropriate.

5. Shelby says

The whole movie should have just been him running around in a leather loincloth. Instant Oscar winner, breaking box office records, etc.

6. jaragon says

The movie is obviously aimed at twelve year old boys ( but that creature might be hommage to the penisaurus from “Flesh Gordon”) And you know this is a Disney movie so I’m sure it will available as part of Happy Meal…

7. craig fox says

THe John Carter of Mars series also required that Captain John Carter was naked all the time, wearing only weapons! I am surprised the Burroughs Estate permitted this absurdity. Granted the real thing could only be rated R or X, being faithful to the book should be required.

8. jaragon says

If Carter was naked all the time the film would have to be rated R which would keep it’s primary target audience out.

9. seattle mike says

Taylor Kitsch was hot and the “dog” was adorable, but not enough to save this turkey of a movie.