Abraham Lincoln | Film | News | Trailer | Vampires

BigGayDeal.com

Badass Abraham Lincoln: VIDEO

Lincoln

#16 was apparently an accomplished vampire hunter...

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I'll admit it. This is just low-brow enough to appeal to me. For home video, of course.

Posted by: Caliban | Feb 13, 2012 7:47:16 PM

2. Wasn't this already done with a girl named "Buffy"?

Posted by: David C. | Feb 13, 2012 7:57:54 PM

3. The lead (Benjamin Walker?) is too good looking for Lincoln, who was so ugly he was strangely, mesmerizingly beautiful. Still, this looks promising.

Posted by: Dback | Feb 13, 2012 8:16:43 PM

4. LOL

I have to watch it because it is such a cheesy premise

Posted by: say what | Feb 13, 2012 9:02:35 PM

5. Want a real treat? Read the book.

It is not low-brow at all. It is quite clever actually. It weaves the fantasy in with an otherwise accurate historical account of Lincoln's story.

Posted by: jdswell | Feb 14, 2012 12:22:15 AM

6. I read the book, by Seth Grahame-Smith (né Seth Jared Greenberg) and it was fun and satisfying.

Posted by: David R. | Feb 14, 2012 12:43:26 AM

7. Is it strange that I have no idea whats going on, and yet my nipples got hard?

Posted by: Robert | Feb 14, 2012 1:00:34 AM

8. I'm with Robert on this one, don't know what's going on, but aroused as hell!

Posted by: Ryon | Feb 14, 2012 4:03:02 AM

9. I wonder if it will be as good as Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter? Look it up, it's a real movie.

Posted by: GaryJ | Feb 14, 2012 5:03:34 AM

10. (Yawn) Just when you thought they had bled dry the evil dead remains of vampire plot lines. As a genre it was boring before it got started, this just drives the stake in further.

Posted by: tweedle | Feb 14, 2012 8:04:48 AM

11. I can't stop watching this trailer.

Posted by: Erich | Feb 14, 2012 9:03:57 AM

12. JDSWELL

I read the wiki page about the book and it does sound intriguing. Way better than the hunger games crap story

Posted by: say what | Feb 14, 2012 9:37:16 AM

13. WTF?

Posted by: Dave | Feb 14, 2012 10:08:26 AM

14. Based on the recommendations here I requested the book from the library. It better be good or there will be hell to pay! ;-)

Just kidding. I'm always reading something, from serious non-fiction to lightweight thrillers. A well-written genre novel can be a joy just on its own merits and with some the genre conventions are just a medium to talk about more serious issues, the human condition, racism, homophobia or whatever.

One I read recently that was very good is "The Last Werewolf" by Glen Duncan, which is very funny with cultural references high and low, but also manages to be very life-affirming considering it's a book about a suicidal werewolf. Duncan has written well-reviewed 'serious' novels too so he's by no means a hack.

There are "trailers" for The Last Werewolf on YouTube (how odd is that?) if you want to see if it's something you might like. There are also animated music videos by the UK band The Real Tuesday Weld, who produced a "soundtrack" suggested by the novel. (They did the same thing for Duncan's "I, Lucifer.")

Posted by: Caliban | Feb 14, 2012 10:32:16 AM

15. Man, I hate trailers like this--which focus solely on special effects and annoyingly loud music--and give absolutely NO clue as to what the movie is even about! Based on previous comments here, I'm really intrigued (both the movie AND the book), but if it were only based on the trailer I'd pass.

Posted by: jim | Feb 14, 2012 4:48:33 PM