Bob Vander Plaats | Gay Marriage | Iowa | News | Starbucks

BigGayDeal.com

Starbucks Support for Marriage Equality Leaves Bitter Taste in Iowa Hate Group Leader's Mouth: VIDEO

Vanderplaats

Iowa's leading anti-gay activist Bob Vander Plaats has had his last cup of Starbucks because the company endorsed marriage equality in Washington state.

Watch Vander Plaats call for a boycott of the coffee chain, AFTER THE JUMP...

We suggest you listen to Vander Plaats and do the opposite.

(via good as you)

Comments

1. @Kevin: If you mean to send Starbucks Cards to the bigots, PLEASE DON'T. They could sell them for face value on e-bay and that would be as good as a donation to pad their bank accounts.
    It would be better to send Starbucks Cards as a thank-you to any decent people you know. I've given and received many Starbucks cards. Everybody I know is happy to get them.

Posted by: Gregv | Feb 6, 2012 8:15:17 PM

2. I just want to drop to my knees and start pleasing Jesus!

Posted by: Dearcomrade | Feb 6, 2012 8:17:08 PM

3. @Mark: what Vander Plaats sad was that black families were better off under slavery.

As for Starbucks, I spend at least 8 dollars a day there. Because of their social conscience, I went back for seconds today. And I noticed that they seemed extra busy today. Not only did I open the door of one and then leave because it was standing room only, but I took the last available seat at another Starbucks a block away from the first one.

Posted by: Gregv | Feb 6, 2012 8:22:42 PM

4. I don't like coffee - but I like me some Starbucks!!! Good on them for their support and stand against bigotry!!!

Posted by: Mitch | Feb 6, 2012 8:28:04 PM

5. Just a matter of time till he gets caught with a rent boy. Paging George Rekers.... Truly straight men do not bother to go after the gays- it's the ones in the gray zone between gay and straight fighting against what they hate in themselves. Not to name names, Ken Mehlman, you wretched loser.

Which one of us will swallow hard, put on a republican outfit, and seduce this abomination once and for all? I think a truck stop in Iowa should do the trick.

When we finally and firmly equate homophobic speech with repressed same-gender feelings, these yo yo's will shut the hell up.

Posted by: Rob | Feb 6, 2012 9:20:13 PM

6. To the folks at Towleroad, please keep posting this as the lead newsflash. This filthy liar, hateful christian needs to be exposed.

Posted by: Dale | Feb 6, 2012 10:30:45 PM

7. I don't even especially like Starbucks coffee, but I'm going in to get a cappuccino every day all this week -- and next week, too. That biggest size -- what do they call it? Gigantito? Godzilla? Gorgonzola? Whatever, I'm getting it!

Posted by: kit | Feb 6, 2012 11:22:24 PM

8. @ GREGV - good point - fair enough. Wouldn't want them to profit from a political action - though if they did use or sell them - wouldn't that in effect break their boycott?

Posted by: Kevin | Feb 6, 2012 11:52:36 PM

9. @Kevin: i've bought Starbucks cards on e-bay before when there was a promotion going on for making an e-bay purchase. I don't even know the name of the seller. So if someone like you donated the cards to bigots then someone like me would buy them. I wouldn't spend any more money at Starbucks than I already do (I'm sipping an iced Americano with a splash of cream right now. Mmmmm). The only difference is that less money would be in your pocket and more in the bigot's pocket.
    The "boycott" will be a bust. I don't know any bigot who drinks Starbucks coffee. This will be about as successful as when this same group tried to get Sesame Street taken off the air years ago because, among other things, a male puppet had sewn his own button on his shirt when the AFA wanted a female puppet to do the "women's work."

Posted by: Gregv | Feb 7, 2012 11:12:53 AM

10. There is a Starbucks 11 minutes walk from my home in Florida that I may have been in about three times in the six years I have lived here. I just do not care for their coffee. However, no hate group is going to tell me where I can shop or cannot shop. Therefore, for the foreseeable future, I will be buying coffee there at least once a week.

Posted by: Jerry6 | Feb 7, 2012 5:17:33 PM