Andrew Breitbart | Deaths | News

BigGayDeal.com

Conservative Activist and Publisher Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43

BreitbartConservative blogger, publisher, and activist Andrew Breitbart has died, Big Government reports:

Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles. We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior. Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.

ABC News' Jake Tapper tweets: "LA coroner’s office confirms to ABC News Radio that Breitbart died shortly after midnight at UCLA Medical Center."

Politico reports:

[Breitbart.com editor-in-chief Joel] Pollak said that Breitbart had been taken by ambulance to the UCLA medical center, where he was pronounced dead shortly after midnight. Pollak, who was present at the hospital, said that Breitbart had no known serious medical issues, but declined to say more on the matter out of respect to Breitbart family.

“He continues to inspire us, and we’ll be moving forward [on his projects]… as he would have wanted,” said Pollak. “We’re devastated by his loss.”

An autopsy is pending. Breitbart last tweeted at 11:25 pm Pacific Time, which is evidently shortly before he was taken to the hospital.

AP:

Breitbart was walking near his house in the Brentwood neighborhood shortly after midnight Thursday when he collapsed, his father-in-law, Orson Bean, said. Someone saw him fall and called paramedics, who tried to revive him. They rushed him to the emergency room at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, Bean said. Breitbart had suffered heart problems a year earlier, but Bean said he could not pinpoint what happened.

Developing...

Comments

1. Drugs!

Posted by: AllBeefPatty | Mar 1, 2012 9:27:11 AM

2. Condolences to his family.

As a Buddhist I hope Andrew finds some insights (about his recently departed life) in the interlife that will serve him well in his next. Of course that's my wish for myself and everyone else as well.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Mar 1, 2012 9:27:59 AM

3. As tempting as it may be...it would be best if we didn't fill these comments with anything that could later be used by the right wing to prove how vicious and/or heartless we all are.

Posted by: Chris | Mar 1, 2012 9:30:05 AM

4. All that hate and rage (not to mention cholesterol) will kill you.

Posted by: endo | Mar 1, 2012 9:34:22 AM

5. Sad.

Posted by: luminum | Mar 1, 2012 9:35:02 AM

6. No one was more viscious and/or heartless than Andrew Breitbart.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Mar 1, 2012 9:35:11 AM

7. I would love to say something nice here, I really would but words fail me.

Posted by: Dave | Mar 1, 2012 9:39:52 AM

8. I won't be missing him any.

Posted by: Robert Cadalso | Mar 1, 2012 9:40:00 AM

9. Andrew Breitbart was a monster. I will rejoice in his death.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Mar 1, 2012 9:40:35 AM

10. Drugs or alcohol makes some sense, but since he died in a hospital they won't have to release any test results--unless the family wants it (and I doubt that very much). The other quick killer would be some sort of heart problem.

Posted by: anon | Mar 1, 2012 9:41:03 AM

11. Chris, your suggestion would require silence in response to Mr. Breitbart's provocations or out-right lies. I'm not inclined to agree that such a tack is the best way to go.
    Mr. Breitbart was profoundly unAmerican. In the last video shot I saw of him he appeared as a fully deranged individual screaming repeatedly at OWS protesters "Behave Yourselves". He considered the peaceful protest against the profound corruption of the financial crimes of Wall Street, and the GOP and DEM's kowtowing to Wall Street lobbiests "Bad Behavior". I think he was a man very much at odds with the freedoms guaranteed by the United States Constitution. Very troubled.

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Mar 1, 2012 9:42:12 AM

12. The end result of letting hate consume the mind. It eventually consumed his body.

Posted by: Aulton | Mar 1, 2012 9:42:29 AM

13. "Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes"

This is very vague. "unexpectedly from natural causes" needs an explanation for someone as young as 43.

Somehow I expect him to pop-up and say "Tricked Ya!" with James O'Keefe by his side.

Posted by: Mawm | Mar 1, 2012 9:43:53 AM

14. Agree with Chris. Condolences to the family.

Posted by: Mike M. | Mar 1, 2012 9:44:14 AM

15. "His attempts at being the male Ann Coulter never quite worked and I'm sure he'll quickly be forgotten."

Greatest moment? In his last tweet, he was referring to someone as a Putz.

What's that Radiohead song? Karma Police

Posted by: AllBeefPatty | Mar 1, 2012 9:45:54 AM

16. Sad for his family. Like (m)Ann Coulter, I never really listened to what he said. He seemed only to ever want to get reactions by saying shocking things. I turned the TV off everytime he, or (m)Ann, would could on. All I could really think was that, for age 43, he looked old. I'm 42 and look 10 years younger.

Posted by: SFSCOTTIE | Mar 1, 2012 9:46:02 AM

17. It must be odd for the family to know that many more rejoice than mourn his passing.

Ba-bye.

Posted by: Pete n SFO | Mar 1, 2012 9:48:57 AM

18. My mother used to tell say to me: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

I will therefore say nothing at all about Andrew Breitbart.

Posted by: Reverse Polarity | Mar 1, 2012 9:49:01 AM

19. Shirley Sherrod. ACORN. I do not rejoice in the death of humans. That does not mean I mourn them all.

Posted by: Timothy | Mar 1, 2012 9:49:04 AM

20. The man brought misery to so many people, so that he could make money. He gets all the respect from me that such a person deserves.

Posted by: Joey Y | Mar 1, 2012 9:53:01 AM

21. Sorry to his family
    Other then that everything else I have to say is mean so I'll stop here

Posted by: GeorgeM | Mar 1, 2012 9:59:24 AM

22. And cue the right-wing bloggers claiming that his death was actually a secret assassination plot by Obama and the evil liberals in 5...4...3...2...

Posted by: Dback | Mar 1, 2012 10:01:42 AM

23. "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure". — Mark Twain

Posted by: Dearcomrade | Mar 1, 2012 10:02:25 AM

24. Condolences to his family.

The rest I'll leave to God.

Posted by: Bart | Mar 1, 2012 10:03:00 AM

25. Waiting for Nancy Grace to start speculating that his death was a hit ordered by the gay mafia...

Posted by: MTiffany | Mar 1, 2012 10:04:11 AM