Carson Daly | News

Carson Daly Mocks Gay People in Jetblue Radio Rant: VIDEO

Carson Daly mocked gays this morning in a discussion about the JetBlue pilot that had a meltdown on the flight from JFK to Vegas, TMZ reports:

DalyIt all went down on Daly's L.A. radio show this morning ... when he was talking about the flight and said, "Most of the people were on their way to some sort of security conference in Las Vegas ... it was like a bunch of dudes and well trained dudes ... thank god."

He laughingly continued, "With my luck, it would be like ... 'this is the flight going to [the gay pride parade] in San Francisco ... I mean, that would be my colleagues."

Then, changing his voice to sound like a gay stereotype, Carson said, "Uh, we're headed down to Vegas for the floral convention."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Aside from the offensive nature of the remarks, I guess he's never heard of Mark Bingham.

UPDATE: Daly tweets:

Comments

1. Like, oh mah gawd, oh em gee, I'm like sooo offended. ..The floral convention was so much fun!

Posted by: Trey | Mar 28, 2012 6:33:49 PM

2. How is this offensive? Geez, people can't even make a silly joke anymore. And here I thought gays had a good sense of humor. Oh, darn...did I just stereotype?

Posted by: Jason | Mar 28, 2012 6:33:51 PM

3. Though he really isn't relevant, I didn't realize he was ignorant, anti-gay, or just plain dumb. He's from Santa Monica. Odd and sad.

Posted by: Kevin | Mar 28, 2012 6:35:04 PM

4. Who the hell listens to Carson Daly?

Posted by: John | Mar 28, 2012 6:36:27 PM

5. https://www.facebook.com/LastCallCarsonDaly#!/LastCallCarsonDaly?sk=wall&filter=12
    His Facebook page, where I posted the quote, (and you can add to it) plus:
    OH, REALLY, AND ARE YOU LUCKY IT WAS NOT A BUNCH OF CHEESEY TV PERSONALITIES, SINCE THEY WOULD BE TOO BUSY TWEETING?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    @JASON, kids listen to this jerk. Call me oversensitive about promoting bullying via careless stupid comments

Posted by: Bob | Mar 28, 2012 6:38:51 PM

6. he was engaged to tara reid.

'nuff said.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Mar 28, 2012 6:42:41 PM

7. Yawn @ Carson Daily in general.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Mar 28, 2012 6:42:41 PM

8. Who?

Posted by: RandySF | Mar 28, 2012 6:50:25 PM

9. So Carson Daly's radio show is transmitted from the late 1960s? Not only is it stupid, it sounds like Carson Daly is phoning in jokes from the Mad Men era. Floral convention? Given how old and out-of-touch Daly sounds, it's a wonder he didn't describe the plane as that "gol-durned flying machine."

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Mar 28, 2012 6:51:09 PM

10. I'm sorry but I laughed lmao. Because I can deff picture some of you marys saying that. haha.

Posted by: James | Mar 28, 2012 6:52:40 PM

11. What is going on in this country that every ignorant tool is crawling out of the woodwork lately?

Posted by: VoenixRising | Mar 28, 2012 6:52:53 PM

12. F%&K Carson Daly.

D-Bag in a D-Bubble of his own creation.
    Self absorbed. Ego driven. Hipster-Without-A-Clue.

Let's open his eyes (& burst his baby bubble) up
    to the bigger picture...Yes. We can.

Posted by: Marcito | Mar 28, 2012 6:56:10 PM

13. The truly ridiculous part is, he's far more effeminate than any gay man I know.

Posted by: RomanHans | Mar 28, 2012 6:58:18 PM

14. I found this, actually, incredibly offensive. Like, I hope it ends his career.

It was an amazingly disrespectful comment. How could such a thing even enter his brain, much less pass through his lips?

The world would be a different place today were it not for the assertive heroism of gay (and San Franciscan) Mark Bingham.

There also are plenty of gay men (including servicepersons and vets, by the way) who could and would easily take down that mentally ill pilot, and if necessary, Carson Daly.

Daly's comment is precisely the sort of thing that makes gay kids bait for bullies and bullying.

It's utterly shameful.

Posted by: Friend of Mark | Mar 28, 2012 7:01:15 PM

15. "this is the flight going to [the gay pride parade] in San Francisco"

What do the brackets indicate in this quote?

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Mar 28, 2012 7:12:02 PM

16. Seriously, that gay guy who used to suck Adam Carolla's wee wee just to keep him straight is getting a little uppity. No offense there, m'kay, Carson, m'kay? Wait, that is not Kimmel? Well, who the hell is this guy!?!

Posted by: jyo555 | Mar 28, 2012 7:28:24 PM

17. The truth hurts...A disproportionate percentage of gay men talk in effeminate tones and act femme...Why are you people offended by the truth? Get over it! This crap is encouraged by many in the so-called lgbt community, who are constantly yapping about the virtues of gender non-conformity etc. etc. etc... All stereotypes are grounded in some obvious facts get over it!

Posted by: pedro | Mar 28, 2012 7:30:54 PM

18. Carson Daly just took a big old steaming dump on the memory of Mark Bingham. Carson daly is a homophobic pig.

Posted by: Johnson | Mar 28, 2012 7:38:18 PM

19. He tweeted the absolute lamest apology I've ever seen:

"This morning on my radio show I attempted to make fun of myself & offended others by mistake. I sincerely apologize."

Posted by: peterparker | Mar 28, 2012 8:07:14 PM

20. You post this story as if we don't already know that Carson Daly is a tool...we do. Thanks

Posted by: Sean | Mar 28, 2012 8:10:59 PM

21. Pedro, what are you rambling about? Care to show us all what a man you are?

How come guys who denigrate, uh, "femmes" on messageboards never have the balls to show what "real men" they are?

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Mar 28, 2012 8:22:15 PM

22. Umm...I didn't denigrate femmes, I stated that a disproportionate percentage of gay men, do not act like tough men, they act like effete gender non-conformists. They do not convey a masculine exterior, and are therefore percieved as weak and non-threatening. So Carson making a joke about a stereotype rooted in reality shouldn't offend anyone...Aren't you femmes proud of your unmanliness? Don't you prance around making spectacles of yourselves because you're proud to get away from the heteronorms?...Then don't be upset when someone makes a joke about it!

As for myself, why in God's name would I post any personal info on this sight or any other? I'm the son of an Argentinian mother and Mexican father, both Catholic and very conservative about certain things. I'm trying to get into medical school right now and I ain't one of those people who wants my info out there...Sorry.

Posted by: pedro | Mar 28, 2012 8:32:42 PM

23. Got it. So you're the type of "real man" who doesn't have the balls to stand up to his own family. Got it. The type of "real man" who says that others "don't act like tough men", all the while you're the one tiptoeing in fear around conservatives. gotcha.

rethink what it means to be a man. those guys you say aren't "tough men" are clearly tougher and stronger than you are.

you could learn a lot from them.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Mar 28, 2012 8:37:26 PM

24. Sigh. Why does this site attract so many closet case trolls? Welcome Pedro. Have a seat next to Rick. You two have so much to talk about.

Posted by: endo | Mar 28, 2012 8:40:06 PM

25. Pedro is the Catholic guy who said that he chooses to identify with the Catholic community over the gay community because they have better virtues and morals. So I wouldn't take anything said by him seriously.

As for Carson Daly, what he said is INCREDIBLY offensive on so many different levels. It's extremely homophobic, EXTREMELY fem-hating, inherently sexist. In listening to the video, I think he said what he said from a "I know this is totally cliche and stereotypical which makes it totally hilarious and therefore it won't be offensive, ha ha ha" POV, than a hyper-masculine straight jerk going on a gay-hating tangent deal. I think he's more of an idiot than he is homophobic (although he definitely is homophobic to a certain extent to EVER think of something like this to say) but that's not really something to be proud of.

What offends me more than anything is the insinuation gay men aren't man enough to be heroes. We're not man enough to be brave and protect ourselves and others in a life or death situation. And that somehow, men are more able to be brave than women (hence the it was a bunch of dudes and well trained dudes comment). It's another clear indication that people DO NOT TAKE the gay community and gay men, in particular, seriously. We're not taken seriously by straight people, based on stereotypes of us, created by straights, and those stereotypes are used against us, over and over again, as a means to justify and continue anti-gay thought and action. What's so ironic is how Mark Bingham blows every single one of these stereotypes out of the water. Just highlights the pure ignorance of Carson's entire "joke". Simply, it's incredibly disrespectful and I'm very disappointed he wouldn't know better than to say something like this, especially given he's on live radio, and in Los Angeles nonetheless.

Although I do think he's more of an idiot than a raging homophobe, and ultimately, you can't fix stupid, Carson's apology is a JOKE and he has a lot of explaining and work to do to fix this. I would hope he raises the point on his radio show or TV show that Mark Bingham saved so many lives as a HEROIC gay man during 9/11.

Posted by: Francis | Mar 28, 2012 8:42:57 PM