Comments

1. DrJWL says

I didn’t know that Selena from Supergirl taught Jennifer Lopez how to sing, but Im glad they made a play/movie about it. Im seeing it in London in three weeks, so Im sure it will all be more clear by then.

2. says

I saw her perform the role on stage and was almost impressed. Almost. Hopefully she’ll take me all the way when it reaches the screen (though that wig is a bit of a fright.)

3. Leroy Laflamme says

She toured this years ago (maybe ten or twelve) & I saw her when she played in Vancouver. If my memory serves me, she didn’t try to ‘impersonate’ Callas, so I wasn’t particularly concerned that she didn’t look like her either. From this new photo, however, it looks like she might be channelling Latoya Jackson.

4. says

I’m always worried about these sort of vanity projects – Ms. Dunaway is a knockout actress when she has the right director reigning her in.

We want Network. We want Barfly. We want Chinatown. Heck, we’ll even take Don Juan DeMarco.

we do NOT want mommiesupergirldearest

5. MarkUs says

Who’s kidding who. “Reaches the screen”. It will reach the DVD first. I saw it too and it will translate as successfully as “Nine” and “Proof”. Those big hits.

6. Michael in Toronto says

Ah Faye. I loved her for years, but finally gave up after a slew of bad performances in the ’80s and then the facelifts.

I prefer to “freeze” her in the ’70s, when she was knockout gorgeous, an amazing actress (not all the time, granted, but think Chinatown and Three Days of the Condor and Network), and crazy in a good way.

Somewhere along the way she became crazy not in a good way but UTTER BATSHIT.

Poor Faye.

7. says

has anyone hear read Ethan Mordden’s “The Venice Adriana”?

it’s AMAZING. set in venice, young gay man hired to help ghost-write the autobiography of a Callas-inspired opera singer, and the circumstances of the culture around him leading him to find himself as a gay man; references to Visconti, Zeffirelli, Fellini and Pasolini abound.

it’s funny ,it’s touching, it’s sexy as hell, and for any opera lover it’s absolutely laden with buff-approved references and in-jokes.