David Archuleta | Mormon | News

David Archuleta's Last Moments Before Mormon Church Chops His Hair Off: VIDEO

Archuleta

Former American Idol runner-up David Archuleta, who tearfully announced last December that he's putting his music career on hold to devote his life to a full time mission to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, posted a video today as he prepared to go in for a Mormon haircut.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. What a waste.

Posted by: homer | Mar 26, 2012 12:37:26 PM

2. It's very sad indeed.

Posted by: Mike M. | Mar 26, 2012 12:40:11 PM

3. Oh little David - as hard as you try, you can run, but you can't hide from yourself!

He's clearly a gay boy who can't come out because of his "faith". It's just sad on so many levels.

Posted by: Jack | Mar 26, 2012 12:46:06 PM

4. keep it up looking forward to the next ones :)

Posted by: researchpaperstar.com | Mar 26, 2012 12:48:11 PM

5. Brainwashing is really a disgusting thing in the USA

Posted by: Mike | Mar 26, 2012 12:52:31 PM

6. Oh yeah, his hair is SO long. A regular hippy.

Posted by: zeddy | Mar 26, 2012 12:53:27 PM

7. Poor thing. He's about 10 years away from looking like a puffy gnome with big ears.

Posted by: BitterTableForOne | Mar 26, 2012 12:59:39 PM

8. BRAINWASHING 101..... Religion = the Poison of Mankind,and the KILLER of the Human Imagination ...

isn't that nice....following mommy and daddys Mormon orders...so he can go out and RECRUIT / INDOCTRINATE ...(the thing THEY accuse gays of doing but what Gays DON'T DO)

...he's gonna be doing the same thing Romney did- when Romney ESCAPED the Vietnam DRAFT and went to Europe to recruit.

Posted by: Disgusted American | Mar 26, 2012 1:00:54 PM

9. David Archuleta always seemed like a nice guy. He's got an amazing voice. I'm wishing him the best.

Posted by: anon | Mar 26, 2012 1:16:43 PM

10. Enjoy being a brainwashed religious zombie David. Don't forget to write from your cult headquarters.

Posted by: Kenny | Mar 26, 2012 1:16:57 PM

11. He's so bubbly and twitchy.

Posted by: ratbastard | Mar 26, 2012 1:28:10 PM

12. I'm really sad for him and I will stay away from his music even if he's coming back to show business.

Posted by: Luke | Mar 26, 2012 1:29:54 PM

13. I have little to no sympathy for any Mormon.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Mar 26, 2012 1:31:08 PM

14. may you go out into the world, young'un, and realize that everything your cult and insane father has taught you is a complete and utter lie.

you'll meet a nice boy, you'll talk about God, you'll make out and you'll realize that the LDS lie of "all you need to be happy is to follow the rules" aint enough.

the only good Mormon is an ex-Mormon. cheers to him becoming one, some day.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Mar 26, 2012 1:40:42 PM

15. Don't worry, he'll soon be a gay ex-Mormon.

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 26, 2012 1:45:37 PM

16. Sadly, I feel this guy is being used by everyone. From the Mormon right, his father and family, to the gay left.

All I see that will be left in the end is a shell of an empty soul. I hope he's strong enough to become who he is. If not, you have yourself the same life as any former child Disney star.

Posted by: Kevin | Mar 26, 2012 1:56:31 PM

17. I swear I thought he was already out!?

Posted by: nycpkp | Mar 26, 2012 2:06:53 PM

18. what is he even cutting? it's already super short! lol

Posted by: jcrew0813 | Mar 26, 2012 2:08:36 PM

19. David, set yourself free! You are a loveable, kind, gentle soul. Do not let your controlling, over-bearing and cruel? father steer you into his craziness.

Posted by: dancobbb | Mar 26, 2012 2:23:10 PM

20. You'd think the church would see the wisdom of having a high profile Morman-identifying singer creating visibility on national stages rather than wasting his appeal by sending him door to door to homes in a limited area... owned by people who will slam doors in his face long before they ever realize who bothering them and trying to save their souls.

Posted by: Kevin | Mar 26, 2012 2:34:44 PM

21. @HOMER My feelings exactly. Further, what petty, miserable, soulless people they are. And one of them wants to be president. God help us all.

Posted by: jamal49 | Mar 26, 2012 2:40:57 PM

22. Maybe ANYTHING to escape his father. I read a blind item about a dad who used to "steal" his famous son's groupies (who the son was not interested in sexually) and everyone guessed this guy and his stage dad.

Posted by: MarkUs | Mar 26, 2012 2:42:44 PM

23. Ex-Mo-Homo here... I went on a 2 yr Mormon mission to Korea at 19. I was deeply closeted and "fighting it" at every level, as instructed by my church leaders. I had never even acted on it, but confessed all my thoughts fully to my bishop. I was told to go on a mission, get married, etc.... At the time I fully believed I was doing the right thing and I don't believe that anyone could have convinced me otherwise-- I had fully swallowed the Kool Aid. It is sad and a bit tragic to say but I can't imagine that any intervention, no matter how well intended, would have made any difference at that point. I suppressed everything those two years and in many ways it was tough as hell. Still, I loved Korea, the language, the people and grew up in many ways-- it was really good for me on several levels. Just not in regards to the truth about my religion. Not that that is a minor thing. I was living a very well intentioned lie. It would take all of my 20's and half of my 30's to fully extricate myself from the Mormon church. And because I had believed it all so strongly for so many years, it was all kinds of hell unraveling years and years of well-intentioned brainwashing. It was a nightmare that took years out of my life. Years I cannot get back. Still, I don't really believe the Mormons are some evil empire intent on screwing people up- though, unfortunately that is exactly what happens. Still, one of the few upsides of my hardcore Mormon upbringing was that it kept me away from drugs and alcohol, so that when I finally did come out, I was a bit more clear-headed as I tried to navigate life in the gay community. I think that was definitely one good thing it gave me. Finally-- and perhaps most importantly-- great gaydar notwithstanding, we honestly don't know for sure that Archuleta is even on our team. We can speculate and notice all the tell-tale stuff but we really don't know. I'll just say it is a definite possibility and only he knows for sure. If it is indeed the case, I certainly hope he finds the truth, and peace of mind and happiness, far sooner than I did.

Posted by: iawl | Mar 26, 2012 2:49:13 PM

24. I have a weakness: I can't stand blatant stupidity. And being a grown up and lacking self determination and the intelligence to be himself is akin to stupid in my biased book. It’s my weakness.

Posted by: well-I-guess | Mar 26, 2012 2:51:17 PM

25. I am sure the barber will purposely drop the razor into his lap and cut something else off. Metaphorically speaking.

Posted by: steven | Mar 26, 2012 3:06:49 PM