2012 Election | Alan Turing | China | Deaths | Denmark | Dick Cheney | James Cameron | Rick Santorum | Science | Stephanie Miller

BigGayDeal.com

NEWS: Dick Cheney's Bad Heart, Derek K. Miller's Big Heart, James Cameron's Derring-do, And Rick Santorum

Santorum_2012_0504b

Towleroad-roadicon Rick Santorum wins Louisiana:

With around 60% of the vote in, Santorum held a nearly 2-1 lead over front-runner Mitt Romney. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich had 19% of the vote and Texas Rep. Ron Paul had 6%.

Santorum's win was his fourth in the South, where front-runner Mitt Romney has not been able to connect with conservative voters in the region.

Winning Louisiana big will help fuel Santorum's campaign as the conservative alternative to Romney.

"Santorum can't just win, he has to win big. He's the one who needs to shake up this race. Another ho-hum win in the South doesn't cut it. He's on a political bridge to nowhere and is running out of time to change destinations," said Bruce Haynes, a GOP strategist and managing partner of Purple Strategies, a bipartisan public affairs consulting firm, last week.

Towleroad-roadicon Watch his victory speech AFTER THE JUMP ...

Towleroad-roadicon If you haven't yet, why not sign the petition to get Alan Turing on the £10 note?

Towleroad-roadicon Lesbian comedian Stephanie Miller lands a show on Current TV.

Towleroad-roadicon "It Gets Better" in Denmark.

Towleroad-roadicon On Lifetime's Dance Moms, ten-year-olds do a "nude" fan dance. Somehow it's still more dignified than Toddlers & Tiaras.

Towleroad-roadicon New species of hominid may have been unearthed in China:

The bones—a partial skull, skull cap, jaws and teeth—came from Longlin Cave in Guangxi Province and Malu Cave inYunnan Province, and date to  11,500 to 14,300 years ago. In comparing the Chinese bones with those of recent humans, H. sapiens living during the Pleistocene, Neanderthals and Homo erectus, the researchers concluded the Chinese fossils have a unique mix of modern features and traits rarely, if ever, seen in recent and Pleistocene humans, such as a very broad face and a protruding jaw.

Imgres Towleroad-roadicon Dick Cheney got a new heart today.

Towleroad-roadicon Will shutting down the "adult" section of BackPage.com curb child sex trafficking? Of course not.

Towleroad-roadicon James Cameron will soon make the deepest-ever manned submarine dive into the most forbidding reaches of the Marianis Trench. His submarine, Deepsea Challenger, has successfully completed its first unmanned test-dive, descending nearly seven miles into the sea

Towleroad-roadicon The Best Longform Journalism: Obituaries. This is a collection of obituaries, alternately horrifying, hilarious, and beautiful. One is an auto-obituary by Derek K. Miller, published to his blog shortly after his death from colorectal cancer:

The world, indeed the whole universe, is a beautiful, astonishing, wondrous place. There is always more to find out. I don't look back and regret anything, and I hope my family can find a way to do the same.

What is true is that I loved them. Lauren and Marina, as you mature and become yourselves over the years, know that I loved you and did my best to be a good father.

Airdrie, you were my best friend and my closest connection. I don't know what we'd have been like without each other, but I think the world would be a poorer place. I loved you deeply, I loved you, I loved you, I loved you.

Comments

1. It's a lie. Cheney has no heart.

Posted by: Tone | Mar 25, 2012 12:30:31 AM

2. Anything that keeps Darth Cheney alive long enough to end up in the dock at The Hague, that's a GOOD thing! That evil sonovabitch NEEDS to be brought up on war crimes!!!!

Posted by: Fruit-for-Peace | Mar 25, 2012 12:44:26 AM

3. Never mind the heart, when will he get a soul?

Posted by: Keith | Mar 25, 2012 12:52:45 AM

4. After 20 months on the waiting list, Mr. Cheney has finally found a heart small enough, black enough and cold enough. For his family's sake, I wish him well.

Posted by: Jcrayst | Mar 25, 2012 1:05:16 AM

5. At the risk of showing how callous I actually am, isn't there some sort of age cut-off for transplants? Since Herr Cheney has already exceeded his probable life expectancy from birth, shouldn't the organ have gone to someone else?

Posted by: CanadianObserver | Mar 25, 2012 1:41:25 AM

6. Thanks, I'll know

Posted by: dissertation-service.co.uk | Mar 25, 2012 6:53:06 AM

7. I am NOT a fan of Cheney he's a gargoyle! But he did support his daughter and her marriage to another woman I believe they now have a child.

Posted by: SOLUS | Mar 25, 2012 8:40:20 AM

8. Now all he needs is a brain and some courage.

Posted by: Rob | Mar 25, 2012 9:01:20 AM

9. I don't get the hatred towards Cheney. He actually has never done or said anything against our tribe. I like his national security views; mess with the US and we will F**k you up. He reminds me of most of the execs I deal with on a daily basis. Seems to have a big brain and a heart, now a new one. I like him.

Posted by: Brett | Mar 25, 2012 9:37:45 AM

10. A person has to be a British citizen or a resident of the UK to sign that petition.

Posted by: Daniel | Mar 25, 2012 9:52:08 AM

11. LMAO! Cheney got this "heart transplant", all paid for by American taxpayers (aka government-sponsored health insurance) through his former Vice President "benefits" package.

LOL! the "socialized medicine" scare that Republicans like to dish out, doesn't apply in this case, because the government paid health care is going towards one of their folks.

Also proof there is no God; this 71 year old sociopath gets a new heart.

Posted by: Oliver | Mar 25, 2012 9:52:09 AM

12. canadianobserver

disgusting, unethical, shameful someone younger and more worthy got bumped from the list for someone who took part in war crimes....but not illegal

brett

cheney was part of an administration that lied america into war with iraq and committed war crimes against humanity. cheney as former head of Haliburton and stock holder in haliburton as VP of the US profited from electrocuting our soldiers, poisoning our soldiers etc

1- haliburton built barracks in Iraq had faulty wiring done on the cheap that ended up electrocuting US soldiers in the showers

2- haliburton food contracts for the US military in Iraq saw many cases of food poisoning of US soldiers

etc etc ad infinitum

chney was and is an evil man who just happens to have a lesbian daughter

Posted by: say what | Mar 25, 2012 10:33:25 AM

13. "technically the cut off age is between 55-60. Only 2 cases of 71 yr olds getting a heart exist with cheney being 1 and the head of amway being the other"

So if Bill Clinton needed a heart transplant, he should die. I hate to break it to you but if The Queen of England needed a heart transplant and so did a single mother factory worker and there was one heart available, it'd go to The Queen.

Oh, damn - BOYCOTT!!!

Posted by: MarkUs | Mar 25, 2012 10:58:01 AM

14. cheney did not support lesbian daughter's marriage--she's not married--thanks to republican politics, and politicos, like the cheney's

Posted by: t | Mar 25, 2012 12:00:41 PM

15. I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Posted by: oakley glasses | May 21, 2012 9:40:03 PM

16. Questo articolo è molto utile per me! Vedo che si sta mettendo un sacco di

sforzi nel tuo blog.

Posted by: Moncler Jackets | Jul 14, 2012 3:45:03 AM

17. You leave so useful information,I will share this info with my friends.

Posted by: Moncler Salg | Jul 20, 2012 2:38:30 AM