Gay Marriage | Music | Music Video | News

The Most Amazing Song and Dance Gay Marriage Proposal You've Probably Ever Seen: VIDEO

Danny

My friend Danny Rose made this amazing video of a song he wrote to propose to his boyfriend Aaron. Danny's not in the music business but when he told friends he wanted to make it they volunteered.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

RoseDanny tells me:

I started writing the song in December and took me a month to complete. Then I prepped the music video for a few weeks and shot it all in one day at the culver studios. I had everything donated from techno crane to cameras and fx. I had a killer director, DP, editor and choreographers all who volunteered their time and amazing talents. I spent about a month in post.

The funny thing. Very funny thing... Is that Aaron was planning to ask me !! He actually beat me to the punch and devised his own proposal adventure for me on Valentines day!  I was in the midst of prepping the video!  I said yes but told him I was still going to ask him and continue my plan!

I presented the video in the backyard.  When he saw the screen he thought I made a slide show of our lives together!

After the video I got down on one knee and asked him to make me the happiest person in the world and spend his life with me!  He said of course and it was a great moment.  But wanted to watch the video again 30 more times. There are a lot of inside jokes and even some wardrobe choices in there designed to experiences in our history.

Danny has put the song up for sale on iTunes and is donating 100% of what he makes on it to marriage equality charities. He added this to his explanation of the song there: "I just wanted to do a project for my proposal that was a mixture of music and comedy which is very much the way we live our lives."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wow! That was fantastic! Great job, Danny Rose!

Posted by: Alan | Mar 28, 2012 12:41:35 PM

2. ok , just noticed the people in the chairs are photoshopped

They are the same people on the right and the left just in different sitting arrangements

that takes down the good goofy quotient a lot and boosts the creepy aspect a bunch

Posted by: say what | Mar 28, 2012 12:41:52 PM

3. remember folks - hating this video won't lead to you ever being proposed to. keepin' it real, indeed.

we call this phenomenon "I Don't Want What I Haven't Got" - it's little sister is "I Don't Want What I Know I'll Never Get"

yeah. keepin' it *very* real.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Mar 28, 2012 12:43:10 PM

4. Wow - I agree with Gary A. This truly was project for love and it shows. And no matter what one thinks about the proposal, Danny, the production value, I guarantee the song will be stuck in your head all day....might even make you want to dance. I wish Danny and Aaron nothing but the best. Congratulations!!!

Posted by: Michelle | Mar 28, 2012 12:45:34 PM

5. It is sweet and romantic.

Posted by: Mickey | Mar 28, 2012 12:52:50 PM

6. "If you don't have something nice to say..."

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Mar 28, 2012 12:58:06 PM

7. If this is the proposal, I'd love to see the actual wedding (and honeymoon night).

Posted by: S. | Mar 28, 2012 1:03:01 PM

8. Woody Allen never looked so good

Posted by: Nick | Mar 28, 2012 1:03:09 PM

9. OMG, if some dude proposed to me with that corn ball video, i'd run, run, run the other way.

To those who liked this, did you also like that horrendous "friday" song?

Yes, to each his own, I suppose, but this is just the worst kind of "music" imaginable (facile lyrics, generic beat, computer altered vocals) and the egotism on display is just appalling. Shouldn't a marriage proposal come from the heart and not some manufactured pabulum?

Posted by: dms | Mar 28, 2012 1:03:56 PM

10. What's up with his mouth? Looks like he just had dental surgery and the novicaine hasn't worn off yet....

Posted by: TomG | Mar 28, 2012 1:06:12 PM

11. Oddly, I too was motivated to being misty eyed.

Yes sure it was a vanity project, and OK maybe being dance music its a bit stereotypical, but it was obviously from the heart and that made it transcend any possible perceived negatives and allowed me to just enjoy it.

Congrats and good luck to the happy couple!

Posted by: thumper | Mar 28, 2012 1:07:06 PM

12. At least it disproves the stereotype that all gay men have great taste!

Posted by: TomG | Mar 28, 2012 1:10:15 PM

13. kiwi,

I'm impressed. It's been known for a long time that you're a two-trick pony: demanding real life identities of the posters who disagree with you and insinuating that parents of those posters hate them. But this time you managed to play both tricks on the first page of the comments section when nothing justified doing it.

Posted by: AG | Mar 28, 2012 1:12:12 PM

14. @Littlekiwi,

If I weren't already married (to a man, of course) I would be showing you what a great guy I am while down on one knee.
    I just love you man! I enjoy your comments AND videos. We could definitely finish each others sentences. lol
    Always your bud, Matt

Posted by: Matt | Mar 28, 2012 1:12:13 PM

15. LittleKiwi - more like LittleK'nti

Posted by: TomG | Mar 28, 2012 1:16:09 PM

16. I loved that he used the same street/movie theater set as Cougar Town.

Posted by: Erik | Mar 28, 2012 1:16:55 PM

17. for valentines day my love serenaded me with the theme from "Les Parapluies de Cherbourg" and an original composition of his.

i swooned so hard i nearly blacked out.

:-)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Mar 28, 2012 1:17:35 PM

18. He went to BC, what do you expect.

Posted by: Oliver | Mar 28, 2012 1:25:17 PM

19. I like the way you look at me!

Posted by: Glenn I | Mar 28, 2012 1:35:50 PM

20. The comments on this video and the wedding videos are just so depressing. I guess it comes down to a deep division in the gay community about what we're really fighting about in the gay marriage battle. For some, it's just a chance to battle with the system for equality and respect, which is fine as far as it goes. This group views marriage as one of a list of things we want, like enda and hate crimes. And this group is the one I think makes all these predictable nasty comments, because they either don't want or won't be able to have a lifelong committed relationship. But for the rest of us, the marriage battle is about equality and respect, but unlike the other issues, this one's also about love and joy and celebration. These videos show this exuberant joy again and again, and I think they're really special. But I guess if you just care about legal rights and not about love then I can see where you can find them irritating. I would say that even if you feel that way, though, I don't see any benefit to sharing your negativity here.

Posted by: Brian | Mar 28, 2012 1:42:34 PM

21. I am disappointed that Andy continues to let this LittleKiwi person run rampant on the comments sections of Towleroad posts. Letting one reader regularly shout down, demand, or personally attack other readers they disagree with is completely unreasonable and unacceptable.

If Andy continues to let this happen on his blog he is not practicing what he preaches here when it comes to censorship and bullying. Unless TR starts requiring personal logins for people to post comments please shut this blog version of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland down. He is completely out of line.

I may not agree with everyone who posts comments here but I respect their right to express their opinion--and I would rather read dissenting opinions from others than the rantings of one shrill nellie screeching his personal attacks at those he disagrees with--insinuations that they are cowards, trolls, homophobic, not a real man, etc for whatever reason.

There are a lot of us out here who are sick of it. If he can't post on TR without turning every comments section into a b--ch brawl he shouldn't be allowed to post.

Posted by: Mark | Mar 28, 2012 1:47:13 PM

22. Blessings! what a creative and expressive way to mark the beginning of a great future. If you guys need a church and a minister i would love to do the wedding and I will be happy to affirm it again once marriage is legal in California again!

For those who comment about stereo typical gays...What is that??? I am a bear, drag queen , sister of perpetual indulgence, ordained minister with an MDiv and an MA and am currently working on my PhD take stereo typical and blow it to the moon no one is stereo typical we are all unique beings created in Gods image and Life is to be celebrated not berated!

Peace

Posted by: Rev. Joseph Shore-Goss | Mar 28, 2012 1:48:42 PM

23. right, "Mark", it's much better to continue to allow anonymous self-loathing homosexuals to make intellectually-dishonest and insecure comments about "negative stereotypes" (what? singing and dancing?) without any form of rational back up.

look, i understand your fury, "Mark" - it must suck to see someone like me who isn't afraid to put a face to his comments smacking down the asinine b.s. that cowards post from a place of anonymity.

alas, it aint my problem.

they're allowed to post their self-hating b.s., and i'm allowed to call it out. it's not my fault they can't back their stuff up, sugar

;-)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Mar 28, 2012 1:51:58 PM

24. Lovely! I really liked it and who cares if he's injecting anything in his face, he is adorable and if I was his boyfriend, I would have been very touched at the amount of work that went into that - and they have it to remember forever (when the wrinkles settle in) - That was QUITE a show! Congrats guys!!!!

Posted by: C.J. | Mar 28, 2012 1:53:10 PM

25. I wish these guys the very best. That was sweet and wonderful.

Posted by: Bart | Mar 28, 2012 1:54:04 PM