Aaron Schock | Illinois

Rep. Aaron Schock Accused Of Misusing Campaign Funds To Further Exercise Habit

6a00d8341c730253ef014e8854a2b3970d-800wiRep. Aaron Schock III, the toothsome hunk of lawmaking Republican mansteak who represents Illinois's 18th Congressional District, has come under fire for using campaign funds to purchase "P90X" home fitness DVD's. From The Hill:

Schock, 30, purchased the P90X "Extreme Home Fitness" DVDs during the 2010 election cycle and classified them as a "healthcare" expense.

... which they are! And they obviously work! Nevertheless, after initially including the DVDs in an itemized campaign expense filing, the Schock campaign redacted the item. Curiously, according to Melanie Sloan, of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, the totals in the amended report didn't change after the redaction. Rep. Schlock's staff insist there was no wrongdoing, though Rep. Schlock himself admits to loving his P90Xs, which he heartily endorsed in a fawning cover story in an issue of Men's Health last year. From The Hill:

"When I first saw [P90X], I kind of laughed," Schock told the magazine. "I didn't think you could get a real workout from a DVD. But at 6:30 a.m., it helps to have somebody talking you through your workout."

The piece noted that Schock — Congress's youngest member — is one of about 12 lawmakers who exercise together using the program most mornings.

In the interview, he cited one of his favorite quotations, from Benjamin Franklin: "A good example is the best sermon."

Comments

1. He's a republiCON ... definitely not someone who can arouse.

Posted by: FunMe | Mar 31, 2012 5:30:02 PM

2. He burned his incriminating belt, and now he's on the cover of the closeted man's Playguy. Huh?

Posted by: Barry C | Mar 31, 2012 5:38:55 PM

3. "Well, I'm ready to march."

Oh, honey, the only place you march is from your parents' basement to the refrigerator.

Posted by: JoshG | Mar 31, 2012 5:55:37 PM

4. Maybe he could pick up some posing tips from Scott Brown. You know, before he does Playgirl.

Posted by: Humanitarian | Mar 31, 2012 6:07:01 PM

5. This isn't "news," by any stretch.

Posted by: Jack | Mar 31, 2012 6:36:14 PM

6. If I were into hairless prepubescent mindless idiots, I guess I could see the attraction. But, I'm a gay man who likes full grown men with at least one nipple hair...and an IQ of 50 plus. Is that a stretch?

Posted by: PAUL B. | Mar 31, 2012 6:44:53 PM

7. He is a closet case - that is the worst thing about him. He has the gall to vote against gay rights even though he is gay himself.

Posted by: Troy | Mar 31, 2012 7:05:38 PM

8. There's such a thing as being too perfect looking, too perfect body, pretty looks. That's this dude. Looks like a Ken doll. I like dudes more average with an edge to them. But to each his/her own.

Posted by: ratbastard | Mar 31, 2012 8:48:46 PM

9. He's an anti-gay creep. I don't give a damn whether he's "hot".

Posted by: Terry | Mar 31, 2012 9:52:33 PM

10. It seems to me that this "news" story is: much ado about almost nothing.

Posted by: jack | Mar 31, 2012 10:53:48 PM

11. For once, I find myself agreeing with ratbastard...

That's it, I'm going back to bed!

Posted by: DeeperStill | Apr 1, 2012 2:50:18 AM

12. He bears a striking resemblance to that literary agent/author, Bill Clegg, who wrote that lousy book about crack addiction.

Posted by: Oliver | Apr 1, 2012 5:27:00 AM

13. C'mon he has to due something to compensate for his tiny penis.

Posted by: ggreen | Apr 1, 2012 11:38:02 AM

14. He has a Men's Health cover and zero significant legislation.

Winning!

Posted by: Gry | Apr 1, 2012 7:57:22 PM

15. I promise I will never vote for him, unless he shows up at my house and flashes a smile and those ABS and asks me to. So, I'm weak. I'm a gay man. I have no immunity to ABS like those.

Posted by: jack | Apr 2, 2012 4:51:04 AM

16. very good Really i am impressed from this post....the person who created this post is a generous and knows how to keep the readers connected..thanks for sharing this with us found it informative and interesting. Looking forward for more updates..

Posted by: Home Health Care MN | Apr 26, 2012 1:58:24 PM

17. Personally for me, I would much rather prefer a workout set like P90X. It's a physical product that consists of 13 dvds,nutrition guides and calendar. I like it because it's convenient and this is one of the few products where I've seen consistent results. I lost 30 pounds in 2 months. I could have lost more but I was a bit lazy. For those of you who are interested, I happen to know where you can get P90X at a deep discount of $65. Check out http://www.squidoo.com/where-can-i-buy-p90x that lens will direct you to the P90X for $65

Posted by: Bill | Apr 26, 2012 3:01:09 PM