Madonna | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Madonna 'Superstar' Snippet Featuring Lourdes Released: LISTEN

A new clip from Madonna's "MDNA" has been released. The song features Madonna's daughter Lourdes Leon on backing vocals. From her interview with The Sun:

Mdna_madonna"Yes, she's my background singer. She just came over to the studio that day. Then I said, 'Oh, can you sing this part?' and she agreed to. She has a very good voice. She's quite shy about it and won't admit it. Lots of people are knocking on my door to meet her about everything, movies and what-not. But she's not really interested in any of it. She just wants to go to school. She says to me, 'Mum, I just want to be a normal kid. I'm not ready for any of that' I respect that, and if she ever wants to work with me on any level I welcome it."

It's unclear if Lourdes can be heard in the leaked snippet.

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wow! Another Madonna song! Uh, please.

Washed. Up. Old. Hag.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

Posted by: Old Bat | Mar 13, 2012 12:33:45 PM

2. 1. Good for Lourdes who seeems to have a really good head on her shoulders. Wanting to wait, or not even sure if she is interested in, a career in entertainment, is pretty remarkable for a kid who has a golden ticket to enter it.

2. Good on Madonna for raising her kids well. If Lourdes is able to resist the lure of easy fame, it's because Madonna is instilling in her the virutes of working hard, getting an education, and being your own person, not riding on Mommie's coat-tails.

Slag Madge all you want, but she's never self-destructed like most other celebrities of her stature. Got to respect the Queen!

Posted by: graphicjack | Mar 13, 2012 12:37:40 PM

3. LOVE IT!!!!
    More please, love Madonna!

Posted by: Michael | Mar 13, 2012 12:41:54 PM

4. Digging this tune! Actually have enjoyed all the songs so far except that first single. This one is sugary, deliciously, sweet. Give me some a cavity Madge!

Posted by: Michael J. Hildebrand | Mar 13, 2012 12:47:45 PM

5. It's amazing how queens who want her gone, are the first to put their two cents in a Madonna post.

Not listening to the snippet. Can't wait for the album.

Posted by: Safadinho | Mar 13, 2012 12:48:50 PM

6. @Graphicjack - you're right, Madge seems like a great mom! And guess what, she's still an amazing pop star.

Too bad she's a terrible songwriter.

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER | Mar 13, 2012 12:59:44 PM

7. How's Mr. Leon?

Posted by: t | Mar 13, 2012 1:59:10 PM

8. Just release it, already? I don't want to hear a "snippet" of a song that you already have ready? No more snippets of songs, videos, etc. Just release it. If you need to do market research, then pay for it. But I'm tired of seeing these big stars release snippets and then waiting for feedback. It's like you're SCARED to release anything unless you know it's going to be a hit. So, you're no longer creating music that sounds good to you, you're creating music for the sole purpose of making a buck, and that music will NEVER BE GREAT. Madonna, you have been so fearless your whole career, don't start tip toeing around music now.

Music by numbers is just sad.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Mar 13, 2012 2:16:45 PM

9. @Hollywood, CA: It's call promotion. They are releasing 3 song snippets every week in the week's leading up to the album release. The decisions on the first few singles have already been made. The tracklist is finalized. This is merely to get different teasers out there & get people talking. No one is forcing you to listen. Same to you @OldBat. We get it, you hate her. Take your own advice please and move along.

Posted by: Precious | Mar 13, 2012 2:38:27 PM

10. I love Madonna but have not liked ANY of the songs Ive heard so far, and the remixes are TERRIBLE!!!! I'm scared.

Posted by: MATTSY | Mar 13, 2012 2:55:28 PM

11. Madonna spells it "Mum"? ... oh gosh, how pretentious!

But at least it seems like her daughter really will be different, way different, than the mom.

Posted by: FunMe | Mar 13, 2012 3:44:36 PM

12. PS About the candy coated song ... beats are too slow. Doesn't fire me up to get on the dance floor ... or go out and get the album (I'll probably get it free from a friend at the label). Feels very 80s with leftover 70s up with people sounds. Where's a lolipop I can go lick?

Posted by: FunMe | Mar 13, 2012 3:48:01 PM

13. I keep hoping that "bitchy queen comments" such as bothering to come here and to pick at Madonna, would have stayed in the past, where they belong.

Posted by: Bob | Mar 13, 2012 5:29:00 PM

14. It's spelt 'Mum' because it came from a British tabloid, you toolbox.

Posted by: JMac | Mar 13, 2012 6:25:33 PM

15. A 53 year old singing "You're my gangsta"??? Really??? Her lyrics are just awful!

Posted by: Horrible | Mar 13, 2012 7:06:26 PM

16. I love this! i hope this will be a single. As for the next single i'm not so sure about Girl Gone Wild. Maybe Love Spent? heheeh

Posted by: jake | Mar 14, 2012 11:24:26 AM

17. I have one word for the album. YUK!

Posted by: Joe De Hoyos | Mar 14, 2012 1:16:19 PM

18. I. am. so. psyched. for. the. new. Madonna. album.
    (I. guess. this. is. how. people. leave. comments. now.)

Posted by: Eddie | Mar 14, 2012 7:11:11 PM