Adele | Brokeback Mountain | News

The 'Brokeback Mountain' - Adele Mash-Up You've Been Waiting for is Finally Here: VIDEO

J_gyllenhaal

Wallow in it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I can't bare to watch this- I'm sure its very good but the combination of scenes from "Brokeback Mountain" and Adele singing that heart breaking song is too much for me.

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 13, 2012 10:04:24 PM

2. Re the "Crash" "Brokeback Mountain" Academy Award controversy: It didn't surprise me. Like Heath Ledger in "Brokeback", Bruce Davison gave the performance of a lifetime in "Longtime Companion." Davison was nominated but passed over for the one-note Joe Pesci by the Academy. That was the last time I watched the awards. This year I didn't even read the stories in the newspaper the day after the awards ceremony.

Posted by: Jay | Mar 13, 2012 10:19:07 PM

3. Very nice...well done.

Posted by: Fielder | Mar 14, 2012 1:09:44 AM

4. I have not been able to watch Brokeback Mountain for over four years, it's just too painful.

This vid brings it back.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Mar 14, 2012 4:01:24 AM

5. One of the most amazing things about BBM was going to a suburban movie theater in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday to find that there was only ONE seat left open waaaaaaaaaay back in the top row. I doubt that CRASH had that kind of appeal to the general public.

Posted by: Paul in Charleston | Mar 14, 2012 9:27:48 AM

6. Like Jack Twist said, I haven't watched BM for years because it's just too painful. Watching this video (holding back tears) just reinforced that notion ... Sadly.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Mar 14, 2012 10:46:25 AM

7. There have so many wonderful tributes to
    that little miracle of a film that is
    Brokeback Mountain and this example is
    way up there near the top of that mountain.

I made it through but just barely. I don't
    think many people understand the impact
    this film has had on use as humans. Hopefully the spark that lit the flame will never go out. It is truly one of the finest pieces of the film making art (and a huge tip of the hat to -all- the brave souls who made it, from the producers all the way to catering) of the 21st century.
    I have never met a person either straight
    gay or anywhere in between who has not
    been deeply moved to tears by it, male
    or female. The story is not unique to the
    film, it is the story of so many people
    across the ages who fall in love and
    are misunderstood, ostracized, and even
    physically attacked. The film simply shows
    us in stark relief one such story and
    anyone with a touch of divine humanity
    is moved to the depths of their being.

Posted by: Bob Eckert | Mar 15, 2012 4:19:07 AM