Fitness | News

Want to Look Like the Bowflex Guy? VIDEO

Bowflex

Don't buy that useless machine, he says, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Buster

Nope

many in ancient Rome reached the 70's with quite a few written accounts of people dieing at 78 though those were upper class people with a much better diet than the plebs

only a few years lower than the modern average

Posted by: say what | Mar 9, 2012 4:07:09 PM

2. Wow, I would not think this guy would get the reactions it did. I saw this and I thought he was hot and wanted him and his abs. He seems pretty nice and acted on impulse in front of the camera.

Posted by: Lawrence | Mar 9, 2012 5:23:52 PM

3. Facking facks, I've seen this guy at 'California Chicken Cafe' and he's hotter in person!

Posted by: marks | Mar 9, 2012 7:33:46 PM

4. I'll take a hot, chubby, hairy BEAR any day instead of these gym bunnies.

Posted by: Carl | Mar 10, 2012 3:37:22 AM

5. I agree with those who think his abs are overdone. To keep a body like that you'd have become a slave to the gym and a person like that is obviously a narcissist who'd never have time for you unless you devoted yourself to revolve around his universe.

Posted by: stranded | Mar 10, 2012 7:20:37 PM

6. I'm with GALORE way up at the top -- this dude's stomach is horrifying and gross. Give me a guy who reads books, keeps up with politics and eats a cheeseburger now and then to this grotesque insect exoskeleton look any day. Ugh.

Posted by: Trent | Mar 10, 2012 11:58:19 PM

7. I have to agree with PeterParker on this one. I lived on the Beach (as in Miami Beach) during the "Pioneer Days", when you couldn't throw a cat without hitting a fit, over-ripped guy. I worked at Paragon, the Marlin, and the Palace, so I saw their diets, which were not as healthy as the actor/model claims.

I remember vividly the days where wonderful, beautiful, kind, and fit people were dying en masse. NYC was also reeling because this was when it was only AZT was the only hope for survival (it wasn't), and suddenly every gay man were suddenly becoming what I would consider fit and sexy, due to genetics with a small side of gym and something else, ahem.

These were really frightening times for so many people I cared for deeply. It's still difficult to truly think about the number of people that I know are dying far too young to this day. Here I was, skinny but relatively fit, and I just didn't get it.

Then I discovered the reason from a friend (RIP) that was instructed by his doctor after so many close calls and pacing the ward at Mt Sinai, yet by miracle he would pass, told him what to do-take steroids because it would reverse the 'AIDS wasting' and build some strength to fight whatever battle would ensue. He did, but like most the amount became OTT, and suddenly he had gained massive amounts of weight and beefed up huge in a very short time.

And that turned into a pressure that was rough to say no to, as skinny became the new sick, and the unrealistically huge was considered healthy. And for now we have a variety of medicines that are knocking out viral loads to nil and T-cells up to a normal range.

Regrettably this look and abusing an aid to add some strength and fighting the many battles, and there was an Achilles' heel: liver damage. Without a liver you will die.

I am so blessed that there are many friends that I love and are friends-no, they are more than friends because they are a part of me, and part of my chosen family. And some are pulling back from steroids and keeping medicine adherence. We are still losing some due to the abuses of a good thing, but I am seeing family in them, because some have that genetic code of hotness, and some are just as wonderful as the day I met them.

I'm not kidding myself here. I developed a chronic set of neurological disorders a few years back which has no cure, and I'm happy to sat that whether they are huge or not, fit or looking older does not matter to me. Losing a relationship because of this hurt, but I have my family of friends, and that, dear friends, is the answer to real beauty.

Posted by: Gans | Mar 17, 2012 11:56:44 PM

8. There are a few grammatical errors in my previous note. I shake and can only use one hand. This was not too long ago: http://youtu.be/PtsKO048124

Posted by: Gans | Mar 18, 2012 12:08:12 AM

9. This is a good common sense Blog. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resources about this part. It will certainly help educate me.

Posted by: cuisinart dlc | Jun 29, 2012 1:24:58 AM

10. A master adviser.Image consultant date coach and business consultant. Servicing the client's tempered headquarters: http://motivationamust.com/. John is New York City best personal trainers, and suitable to service clients in any state.With the Body Crave (natural development program). home personal trainer.photo by http://www.mdjproductions.com/.
    Legal http://www.hjjesq.com/